Paramore headlining the 2010 Honda Civic Tour

watchthesky

^ It would take so much for me to decide to skip a Paramore tour cause I don't like a band they're touring with. For instance, my least favorite song EVER is "Electric Boogie" by Marcia Griffiths (aka the Electric Slide song)... Marcia Griffiths could open a Paramore show and play that song for a half hour, and I'd still be right up front for the whole show. lmao

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why aren't these Tegan fans happy?

Well, they're number one complaint is that TnS fans don't want Paramore fans to start liking them and they fear that paramore fans will start invading TnS shows. they also think that Paramore should be the one opening up for Tegan and Sara and that this tour is a downgrade for TnS.

I also find it hilarious that many of their fans are "blaming" tegan for this tour.

Ohjeez.

Um I love Paramore (obv) and I recently started loving T&S so I am HOPING I can get to a show. Although I doubt it, already traveling a lot this year for shows.

I am curious to see how it goes down though... I saw my first (and only) T&S show in January and it was SO chill. The fans just kinda stood there and took it all in. Not energetic like a Paramore show at all. Maybe it was just the local fanbase and not how it normally is.

I don't really understand the animosity. If a band I absolutely love is touring with another band, I assume that other band must be really cool too, and I'll check them out. If I still don't like their music, I still go see the band I want to see, I just don't make the other fans/bands feel like crap. :/

I agree. Didn't some No Doubt fans get mad because they were touring with Paramore? I don't see why it's such a huge deal. Okay, so you don't like a band or bands that are playing, then either don't go or don't watch the band you don't like while they're playing.

^ Yeah, some No Doubt fans got really mad, and it almost made me ashamed to call myself a No Doubt fan and put myself in the same category as them. To see 30-somethings acting like kids over Paramore being the opener was horrible. No Doubt hand-picked Paramore to open for them, so you'd think they would have been a little more open. :???:

Um I love Paramore (obv) and I recently started loving T&S so I am HOPING I can get to a show. Although I doubt it, already traveling a lot this year for shows.

I am curious to see how it goes down though... I saw my first (and only) T&S show in January and it was SO chill. The fans just kinda stood there and took it all in. Not energetic like a Paramore show at all. Maybe it was just the local fanbase and not how it normally is.

You're going to sooo many shows this year, lol. I hope you can get to one of these dates, but if you can't, that's very understandable.

I've never been to a T&S show, but I definitely think they're more laidback everywhere. It's probably cause their audience is a little older and their music just isn't really something you want to rock out to. Should be interesting to see how that works out.

Better come to Maryland. And if they do I won't have a chance at a M&G because my stupid PFC invitation never came, and it mocks me by sending me the email about this tour.

On higher notes, if T&S the first female-fronted band they've toured with?

^ Do you mean you joined the fan club but can't get on the site? Email memberships@paramorefanclub.com and tell them.

Also, Tegan and Sara aren't really the first female-fronted band Paramore's toured with... they had Now, Now Every Children open for them in Europe, and they toured with The Sounds and No Doubt. They are the first female-fronted band to open for them in the US though.

^ Don't pay another $30. Sometimes they're just really slow in responding. Give them till maybe Tuesday, and if you don't hear back by then, give Artist Arena a call, 212-420-1700.

^ No problem. My friend's been having the same problem, and that's not cool. They might not be in during the weekend, but they will be on Monday. I hope you get everything worked out. :)