Paramore headlining the 2010 Honda Civic Tour

watchthesky

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw NFG perform when they were on tour with Good Charlotte. I only stayed for like a song or two because it was a school night and I was in the 6th grade so I couldn't stay for their whole set but i liked their music then and i haven't really heard their new music all that much but I usually end up loving all the opening acts when I go to shows. So I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Kadawatha was amazing. Daniel has serious stage presence. When their first album comes out, it's mine.

NFG is awesome too. Their music is nothing too special in my opinion, but they're so much fun live! Tegan and Sara is just the opposite for me. I LOVE their music, but they're kind of mediocre when they play live.

In general though, I loved the opening acts. More so than the last two US tours.

I saw Tegan and Sara years ago at a music festival. They're very talented, but I must say they have zero stage presence. No one seems to really get too much into them, even if they're big fans. Great songwriters though.

zero stage presence? sorry, but i have to disagree. personally i feel that they have a lot of stage presence, sure they may not be running around the stage headbanging but they present themselves on stage in other ways...such as their stage banters which i feel is full of wit, sarcasm, and really what gives that personal connection between them and their audience. it was actually this type of stage presence that really got me into T&S. and its hard to really judge them when they do music festivals or opening for a band because they are very limited on time, so of course they'll be doing a lot less talking and more on performing their songs, but see them as a headliner and it's a completely different story. :)

zero stage presence? sorry, but i have to disagree. personally i feel that they have a lot of stage presence, sure they may not be running around the stage headbanging but they present themselves on stage in other ways...such as their stage banters which i feel is full of wit, sarcasm, and really what gives that personal connection between them and their audience. it was actually this type of stage presence that really got me into T&S. and its hard to really judge them when they do music festivals or opening for a band because they are very limited on time, so of course they'll be doing a lot less talking and more on performing their songs, but see them as a headliner and it's a completely different story. :)

They do drip with sarcasm. I guess it's partly because we had just finished with Kadawatha and NFG who both showed a lot of stage presence, and then had Paramore coming up knowing that Hayley would be rocking the house. If anything it's probably more of a "they didn't quite fit with the rest of the bill". Don't get me wrong though, I really like T&S a lot.

I agree, I mean who even knows when the next tour will be? I'm not overly concerned about them skipping my town when it happens because it's kind of unlikely that NY gets skipped on a major tour. Just wish that it was either A) sooner or B) possible that I could go to another show on this one. Hopefully next time they do a 2 nighter here.

the only thing about 2 nighters is you have to hope that both nights have different set lists which sometimes they don't.

they usually dont have different setlists on tours. unless they make a few changes. which they sometimes do like the beginning of this tour

this was the first tour in a couple years i only went to one show. it sucks hahahha

usually if they have two jersey dates i always go. (this is actually the first tour they didnt stop in jersey) or i'll go to the jersey, nyc, and philly dates

but my friend Allie (shes a member here but doesnt post anymore) was at the show tonight, called me during emergency!<3 she got a setlist too which is awesome!

I've been to shows where the band played different sets for each night on the stay. Saw DMB in 2000, they were playing 3 shows at Giant Stadium. I went to the 1st and the 3rd show and both setlists were different.

That sort of thing probably only happens when the band has a huge catalog to work with though.

Next tour we'll meet up at the show :)

Yeah, DMB has a huge catalog to work with, and a much bigger budget as well. They also don't really have much by the way of special effects, apart from the occasional pyro here and there, which is the main reason why they can change their setlist every night. When you're dealing with very specific lighting queues and videos, you can't switch things up as much.

Yeah, DMB has a huge catalog to work with, and a much bigger budget as well. They also don't really have much by the way of special effects, apart from the occasional pyro here and there, which is the main reason why they can change their setlist every night. When you're dealing with very specific lighting queues and videos, you can't switch things up as much.

Good point on the effects. As I recall, most of the fans at DMB (and Dave himself) were too stoned to even notice anyway.

I'd think/hope that if planning a tour with a bunch of 2 night stops, they'd at least switch up a little. Obviously they have to play the most popular songs, but switch up maybe 5 or 6. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't whine if I went twice and got the same exact set both times. A little guesswork is fun though, trying to figure out what's next.

Just got back from the Nashville show.

Incredible.

I wasn't expecting anything less from them. They didn't do anything special for it though. It was pretty consistent with the rest of the shows on the tour from what I hear. I was actually surprised they didn't do anything special. Hayley was talking and it seriously sounded like they were going to play Franklin, but they didn't. I was kinda bummed out. But seriously, show was great.

Taylor Swift was standing about 10 feet behind me. I know thats random, but I felt like it should be said. hahaha

I'm glad the show was awesome! Franklin would've been amazing, but maybe they'll play it on a whole tour in the future.

Haha, I also like how Taylor Swift is always in the audience for Paramore shows and not side-stage or something. Reminds me of a conversation I had with Brent (thebrowncoat) not too long ago about how the pit is the best place for a show ever. :)