Paramore headlining the 2010 Honda Civic Tour

watchthesky

have fun!

yeah you have to be in front at when it's over beg one of the crew guys to give you a setlist haha

I got one!! :D

http://twitpic.com/2h38z2

a nice man named Chad gave it to me :happy:

Tell us how the Nashville show went!

it was pretty good, like the comment below pretty much. the crowd was DEAD for the openers. me and my mate were the only ones dancing and making any movement in the pit, it seemed. and some of the people were kinda bitchy. hayley started laughing at me when i started copying her dance moves hahaha, jeremy nodded at me, and taylor smiled. sadly i was on the opposite side of josh and zac :(

Just got back from the Nashville show.

Incredible.

I wasn't expecting anything less from them. They didn't do anything special for it though. It was pretty consistent with the rest of the shows on the tour from what I hear. I was actually surprised they didn't do anything special. Hayley was talking and it seriously sounded like they were going to play Franklin, but they didn't. I was kinda bummed out. But seriously, show was great.

Taylor Swift was standing about 10 feet behind me. I know thats random, but I felt like it should be said. hahaha

I was sooo hoping for something special like Franklin. Or even All I Wanted! I also kinda expected for the bands to come out for OE or Miz Biz. And the girls who went up on stage for Miz Biz were kinda...Fayley-ish? Hahaha she was like :wtf: when they started doing her headbangings.

That's so awesome!! did she get ambushed or anything? and were you in the pit?

sorry too many questions! haha.

I'm glad the show was awesome! Franklin would've been amazing, but maybe they'll play it on a whole tour in the future.

Haha, I also like how Taylor Swift is always in the audience for Paramore shows and not side-stage or something. Reminds me of a conversation I had with Brent (thebrowncoat) not too long ago about how the pit is the best place for a show ever. :)

That'd be cool too :)

Well it depends on how the crowd is...this crowd was kinda lame...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sooo hoping for something special like Franklin. Or even All I Wanted! I also kinda expected for the bands to come out for OE or Miz Biz. And the girls who went up on stage for Miz Biz were kinda...Fayley-ish? Hahaha she was like :wtf: when they started doing her headbangings.

That's so awesome!! did she get ambushed or anything? and were you in the pit?

sorry too many questions! haha.

Hahaha. She didn't. I was in the pit in front of the sound/light booth. She was in the booth so she had a metal barrier around her and stuff. She also came out after Paramore started so the lights were dimmed and no one really saw her. She also left before the encore. She did a pretty good job at staying unnoticed to everyone. I think the only people that really knew where she was were the people that were close to her.

Glad you had a good time! That's also really cool that Taylor was there. I'd be much happier with her behind me than in front of me. She's one tall girl. I'm not saying that in any way to be rude, I like Taylor.

I guess she goes anytime she gets a chance, seeing as she and Hayley are good friends.

Hahaha. She didn't. I was in the pit in front of the sound/light booth. She was in the booth so she had a metal barrier around her and stuff. She also came out after Paramore started so the lights were dimmed and no one really saw her. She also left before the encore. She did a pretty good job at staying unnoticed to everyone. I think the only people that really knew where she was were the people that were close to her.

wow, that she did do a good job!! i guess she must be used to it, though.

probably a lot off topic here, but the discussion of Taylor Swift being at the Nashville show has really gotten me to thinking...

Anyone notice how it seems like everyone in music today is friends with everyone else? There's connections between artists that never existed in the 90's. I mean occasionally you'd see a brief collaboration between a couple of bands, but it always ended at that, and it was never really publicly known that any two groups were really friends with each other.

Today, you have Paramore is friends with Taylor Swift who's friends with John Mayer and Colbie Caillat who's friends with Jason Mraz, whose musical style is very similar to Jack Johnson so you have to assume they have some connections, and Train reinvented themselves to sound like Mraz and Johnson so they must have some sort of interaction too. And overall, we're talking wildly different musical styles too. It's not like two rock bands are friends with each other. I mean there's no way anyone could ever confuse Paramore and Taylor Swift.

I think, generally speaking, the musical landscape is much friendlier with each other than they ever were, and that's why we're getting so much great music.

probably a lot off topic here, but the discussion of Taylor Swift being at the Nashville show has really gotten me to thinking...

Anyone notice how it seems like everyone in music today is friends with everyone else? There's connections between artists that never existed in the 90's. I mean occasionally you'd see a brief collaboration between a couple of bands, but it always ended at that, and it was never really publicly known that any two groups were really friends with each other.

Today, you have Paramore is friends with Taylor Swift who's friends with John Mayer and Colbie Caillat who's friends with Jason Mraz, whose musical style is very similar to Jack Johnson so you have to assume they have some connections, and Train reinvented themselves to sound like Mraz and Johnson so they must have some sort of interaction too. And overall, we're talking wildly different musical styles too. It's not like two rock bands are friends with each other. I mean there's no way anyone could ever confuse Paramore and Taylor Swift.

I think, generally speaking, the musical landscape is much friendlier with each other than they ever were, and that's why we're getting so much great music.

I have to disagree with you there. I think mainstream music is dead, and you have to look under rocks to find good music. That's pretty much how I found Paramore.

^ yeah, it's pretty cool!

ah haylsbells, you got a setlist! thats great!

Yes! I did! :D Thanks

The Nashville show was my first Paramore concert. And holy crap was I ever blown away. Best concert I've been to, hands down. I'm a huge Tegan & Sara fan too, so this concert was perfect for me. I loved T&S set. The people around me were getting kind of annoying with their constant complaining about T&S though. They just wanted them to get off the stage so Paramore could come on. It was pissing me off a little bit, but I just tried to ignore them and enjoy T&S. The whole show was worth standing in the pouring rain for 2.5 hours. lol. I was soaked from head to toe by the time doors opened, but it was completely worth it. I can't wait to see Paramore again.

And does anyone know where I can find pictures from the show? My phone died and I was unable to take pictures. Thanks.

I have to disagree with you there. I think mainstream music is dead, and you have to look under rocks to find good music. That's pretty much how I found Paramore.

What makes mainstream music 'dead'? I'd argue the contrary, from my perspective, because now the mainsteam is being permeated with more and more rock/alt/punk type bands whilst still maintaining the archetypal pop, rap and indie which has been dominating the charts for however long. Mainstream music isn't dead, your interest in it might be.

I'd agree with Keith's sentiments though I'd say it's been more prevalent since the start of the 2000s.

The Nashville show was my first Paramore concert. And holy crap was I ever blown away. Best concert I've been to, hands down. I'm a huge Tegan & Sara fan too, so this concert was perfect for me. I loved T&S set. The people around me were getting kind of annoying with their constant complaining about T&S though. They just wanted them to get off the stage so Paramore could come on. It was pissing me off a little bit, but I just tried to ignore them and enjoy T&S. The whole show was worth standing in the pouring rain for 2.5 hours. lol. I was soaked from head to toe by the time doors opened, but it was completely worth it. I can't wait to see Paramore again.

And does anyone know where I can find pictures from the show? My phone died and I was unable to take pictures. Thanks.

I may be in the minority, but to me, the only thing that could make an awesome show even better is by being completely poured on during the set. I don't mean like just lots of rain, I mean thunder, lightning, torrential downpour. Of course the only reason I feel this way is that I once was poured (and hailed) on during the end of a show and it was one of the most memorable concert experiences ever.

What makes mainstream music 'dead'? I'd argue the contrary, from my perspective, because now the mainsteam is being permeated with more and more rock/alt/punk type bands whilst still maintaining the archetypal pop, rap and indie which has been dominating the charts for however long. Mainstream music isn't dead, your interest in it might be.

I'd agree with Keith's sentiments though I'd say it's been more prevalent since the start of the 2000s.

Could be, but I think that music that sounds the exact same with similar whiney singers or songs isn't really "good music". Again, that's my opinion, but I don't think 'mainstream' has the same heart as it used to.

I saw some of your pics Catie, you took some good shots. ;-)

:mrgreen:

I may be in the minority, but to me, the only thing that could make an awesome show even better is by being completely poured on during the set. I don't mean like just lots of rain, I mean thunder, lightning, torrential downpour. Of course the only reason I feel this way is that I once was poured (and hailed) on during the end of a show and it was one of the most memorable concert experiences ever.

Must've been awesome. :)

Were you performing, or watching a concert though ?

ahh the 18th is approaching so much. Gahh after 7 months of waiting I mean gahh now its less than 2 weeks away. Excited doesn't even begin to describe how i'm feeling. Imagine the night of the show?! LOL

Alright so in a few days or in a week perhaps i'm going to ask a HUGE favor from you all. It's basically just retweeting something to hayley and hopefully she'll respond. I mean, it would mean the world to me if I can get her to do what it is i would like for her to do during the show. This will all make sense once I tweet it to her or whatever. So yeah just a heads up I guess to you all.

I was at the last show of the Final Riot tour, and that involved guys dressed in drag and group sing-a-longs, among other things, so I can't even imagine what the last show of this tour's going to be like, haha. Whoever's going to be there is lucky though. :P