First Paramore concert

krista2011

I might be going to see Paramore in Iowa in May.

I have a few questions since Ive never seen them live before. What time would you have to get there if you wanted to be way up front? Its an outdoor show.

Also, do they allow cameras or video cameras? Do you have to kind of sneak them in or do the security guys not care?

The tickets for the show are only $29.50, so Im guessing thats a good price for Paramore!

Thanks for your help! :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People have been known to camp overnight for Paramore shows but the queue probably only really gets big about lunchtime-ish. I'm sure the Americans will have a better grasp of the time frame but if you're there in the morning/early afternoon you should be fine.

You're not allowed professional cameras, only digital cameras, point and shoots etc.. Not sure about video cameras, your ticket should tell you but again, one of the Americans will know fersure.

And $30 is not too bad at all. Tickets were roughly $40 for their last tour of the UK and I just paid about $25 just to see fun. here in May (who I believe are opening your show, unless I'm mistaken).

Just to clarify a bit on what Ross said...

There are people who line up as early as 6am sometimes, but usually if you get there by noon, you should be in pretty good shape.

Also, no video cameras allowed, but you're usually allowed to film with digital cameras. Sometimes security will stop you, but for the most part, the band is all for it.

Just to clarify a bit on what Ross said...

There are people who line up as early as 6am sometimes, but usually if you get there by noon, you should be in pretty good shape.

Also, no video cameras allowed, but you're usually allowed to film with digital cameras. Sometimes security will stop you, but for the most part, the band is all for it.

I'm worried about the whole camera issue. I've never been allowed to bring a camera except for when it's a M&G. I'm hoping I'll find out before bamboozle and the CT show later this year if I can or not for those shows. I don't want to be stuck taking camera phone pics lol

I'm worried about the whole camera issue. I've never been allowed to bring a camera except for when it's a M&G. I'm hoping I'll find out before bamboozle and the CT show later this year if I can or not for those shows. I don't want to be stuck taking camera phone pics lol

just hide it, that's what i did. you should be okay though. as long as it's not a proper photography camera, it'll probably be fine.

^ Yeah, you're actually not allowed to use flash at concerts, but it's okay cause your pictures will come out horrible if you do.

I've brought a camera to the Oakdale Theatre, and no one had a problem with it. Pretty sure Catie's said cameras are fine at Bamboozle, but you have to hide them to actually get them in. That could be a problem with your camera, lol.

no use flash, i think its kind of a must

are you kidding?

flash absolutely ruins concert photos at well-lighted venues.

There's just no point to use it.

Which is why I don't see why it's a big deal that flash-photography isn't allowed (although people do it anyways)

When I take pictures, since it's going to be dark, should I use flash? Or is there a setting to take pictures in the dark? I don't wanna blind the band and have Hayley fall off stage lol

From what I hear, the artists on stage don't really get bothered by the flashes.

There is a setting to shoot in the dark, but you can also just set your camera to Automatic(no flash)

Since Paramore's playing there, I'm sure the venue is very well-lighted and has good stage lights.

Paramore tends to have a ton of lights on stage anyways, you should be fine.

Thanks everyone! :)

Im planning on getting a new digital camera soon, so do you know which take great quality videos as well as photos for a concert?

Canon Powershots (which ever model)

Sony Cybershots (which ever model)

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3

but those are just my favorites, there are others

^ Yeah, you're actually not allowed to use flash at concerts, but it's okay cause your pictures will come out horrible if you do.

I've brought a camera to the Oakdale Theatre, and no one had a problem with it. Pretty sure Catie's said cameras are fine at Bamboozle, but you have to hide them to actually get them in. That could be a problem with your camera, lol.

Yeah, I want to get a new camera that's a little smaller. My parents are not happeh about this since they know it will cost $$$ and I'm broke enough just from buying tickets lol

just hide it, that's what i did. you should be okay though. as long as it's not a proper photography camera, it'll probably be fine.

When you say "hide it," it's a lot easier said than done for a guy. There aren't many places a guy can stick a camera without it bulging. Girls can hide it in their boobs, or with tampons or something. If guys do that, it looks too suspicious.

When you say "hide it," it's a lot easier said than done for a guy. There aren't many places a guy can stick a camera without it bulging. Girls can hide it in their boobs, or with tampons or something. If guys do that, it looks too suspicious.

Definitely. I was caught the last time I tried to hide it with tampons.

:shifty:

If it's a slim digital camera, it should be just fine in your pocket.

But what if it is a venue that doesn't allow cameras? Pockets are the first things checked. Not to mention it may bulge in my pocket, and look so obvious, unless I play it off as "oh no that's not my camera bulging, that's my...uh..actually...nevermind." haha

Don't worry, and believe me, if they say dump the camera or miss the show, I'm dumping my camera.

I understand, but I don't want to buy a new camera for a show just to dump it before I get to use it haha.

I'll probably put mine in my back pocket, I've been to plenty of events, concerts, baseball, football, hockey and basketball games in major stadiums/venues, security doesn't play grab ass

Oh yea, good idea. Since security doesn't touch parts like that. Definitely gonna try that method if I don't find some extra sneaky way.