Punk Goes Classic Rock -thread v. "the book was better"

SalsaC

I know you've all heard it by now, so how about it?

Surprisingly enough, the Bohemian Rhapsody -cover was pretty good, would've been the best out of the ones I cared enough to listen to, if it wasn't for VersaEmerge's version of Paint It Black, which was the highlight for me. Blake's really bland as a singer, but did you hear something new in Sierra's delivery? It was the first time I've heard Sierra belt out some proper overdrive/grit, and I loved it! The music was pretty much like I'd expect VE to sound. Better than the original, I'd say.

We Are The Champions? If you have the balls to use pitch correction, I'd at least expect you to hide it... Totally blergh.

Crazy Train's been beaten to death in the other thread already. but... I liked some of the stuff they did with the song (turning the F# minor riff into a groovy bass line was a bold thing to do, but I like it!), but, from my perspective, too many wrong decisions. Might sound exactly like FTSK normally does, but that doesn't work for me. The singer's cool, though. :)

Okay so I went onto the myspace and listened via myspace's patented "audio quality destroyer" technology.

Paint It Black was AWESOME, holy crap!

I'm honestly not even really a big fan of the original version (In fact I don't own a single Rolling Stones album and don't ever plan to own one), but VersaEmerge just took it and made it fucking pwn.

The rest was either not bad or just unlistenable really.

I think the whole "Punk Goes (insert genre here)" is one of those things that's a cool idea, but in reality it's almost always poorly executed

It'd be a cool idea if they had bands that were punk bands.

i agree with you, man. i like the fact that they have today's bands covering songs, but seriously they're not punk bands. it could work if they changed the name of the cd's from "punk goes" to something else. cause the bands they use are obv not punk bands.