The Confession Thread - Pt. 11

Catie

I'm teaching night school two days a week now, it's a program for 19-20 year olds who wanted to go back and get their HS diploma. Anyway, one of the draws to get the kids to come in is to give them a dinner hour between 2nd and 3rd period--they give them really shitty cheap ass ham sandwiches and carrot sticks. Yesterday during the dinner, one of my kids was up at the front of the cafeteria playing guitar, and he was playing Blackbird by The Beatles, about halfway through he starts coughing up a storm so he ended up getting all mixed up on the lyrics and couldn't finish. Afterwards he apologized and said that he had a problem that he was choking on the "gourmet dinner they serve everyone". It was probably a you had to be there moment, but it was fucking hilarious the way he was bashing the crappy food in front of all the teachers and the principal.

That's weird. I was playing Blackbird :) But I wasn't singing it, cause I really can't sing. Ahahaha, I can imagine that XD I wish we were allowed to play guitar in our cafeteria. Cafeteria food always sucks. It tastes terrible.

I confess I'm doing a French speaking presentation tomorrow, and I wrote half of it about Paramore. Woops.

I confess that in spite of my history, I actually still love being drunk. I need to grow up, honestly.

no one ever has to grow up, you can always be a kid at heart :)

i confess today was so boring. and OMG. I might be going to see Jimmy Eat Worldddddd! :D

no one ever has to grow up, you can always be a kid at heart :)

i confess today was so boring. and OMG. I might be going to see Jimmy Eat Worldddddd! :D

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm so close to 30 it's scaring the fuck out of me, and I would give anything to be 20 again... forever. 20 was awesome, 30 is scary. and yeah, I spent a lot of days drunk out of my fucking mind when I was 20, but I had very few responsibilities apart from going to college and passing my classes, and I had a zillion good times as a 20 year old. I remember very clearly going to classes at 7 PM, got out of class at 10, got home, drank a ton, didn't have school the next three days so I would go out with my friends go to concerts, raise hell, act like idiots. It was a fucking blast. Getting older = more responsibility = more stress.

I confess that I'm not handling growing up as well as people expect me to.