The World Cup Thread!

kwik-silva

I know we've got a footy thread but not many people go in it.. So, just til July 11 we can use this one! After all, even the Americans might be interested in this one ;-) Andrew and (the two) Rosses however... Less so ;-)

Also I was thinking we can play some more fantasy football? :lol: If you want to join go to en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com and register. CODE - 254861-99528

Bring it on USA ;-)

i am legitimately looking forward to the england v US game, i think that's the first football match i've actually really wanted to see in years. should be grand ! hopefully england won't make it to the final (as if) as i'll be on a plane halfway to greece at the time and damn i would hate to miss that too.

i have spain down to win, personally.

GO CANADA

...oh wait :P

USA or England? :P

i am legitimately looking forward to the england v US game, i think that's the first football match i've actually really wanted to see in years. should be grand ! hopefully england won't make it to the final (as if) as i'll be on a plane halfway to greece at the time and damn i would hate to miss that too.

i have spain down to win, personally.

I've got Chile in The Walnut Tree sweepstake :P Yeah... Lots of prizes for me! :P

One third of the Italians will not work during the world cup, they'll take medical certificates to not go to work and watch the matches.

Some economists said that it would be amazing news for the Italian economy if Italy gets eliminated soon, so people will start working again, lol.

GO CANADA

...oh wait :P

somehow i know that feeling! :shifty::mrgreen:

i'm not a big fan of football or soccer whatever but gonna watch it this year :P

//i was searching for the countries and WHAT there's no Sweden? i support denmark then (lol) at least there's one of the nordic countries! and perhaps maybe it will surprise us all like they did in hockey haha

^You sign up on the site up there. Then you basically just have a 'budget' and use it to pick players you think'll play lots, score lots etc. and you get points for that. However you can't go over your budget or you'll die :P

oops, late :lol:

Sweden suckkk, although it means no Ibrohimivic for my FF team :P

I think England will make the semi final's and then crash out to be honest. I dont want them to reach that far, i fully admit that, but i reckon that'll be the case. Although France could potentially knock them out in the quarter's if they both make it all the way through (i think).

I'm really interested to see how Wayne Rooney does, will last night teach him to keep a cool head? I read in the paper that apparently one of the teams in England's group have set out to wind up Wayne Rooney. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I think England will make the semi final's and then crash out to be honest. I dont want them to reach that far, i fully admit that, but i reckon that'll be the case. Although France could potentially knock them out in the quarter's if they both make it all the way through (i think).

England could meet Germany in the first round after the group stages if England finish second and Germany top their group. Which would be awesome. But yeah, they could play France but I fully expect France to have been knocked out by that point.

Wait Denmark is actually in it. Hmm, without Bendtner we don't have an attack. I think they are lucky if they qualify from the group. But it's all the balls fault.

With Bendtner you don't have an attack either :lol:

I'm really interested to see how Wayne Rooney does, will last night teach him to keep a cool head? I read in the paper that apparently one of the teams in England's group have set out to wind up Wayne Rooney. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

France won't go through the group stages.

Mexico and Uruguay will go through.

France will either end up last or third ...

Don't be so sure about that ! It's when we have sucks in the past that we made good tournament ;) Our defense sucks but middle and attack :hyper: Toulalan - Diaby (or Diarra) - Ribéry - Malouda - Gourcuff - Anelka :hug:

Joined the fantasy league, I have no clue how to do it so I'll probably fail miserably :P I haven't really paid attention to footy in a while, so no clue who's good and who's not, but I'll give it a shot anyway :)