The World Cup Thread!

kwik-silva

Well England were a disaster! Gutted they're out :/ But fair dues to Germany, they're a kick ass team! What pisses me off the most, though, is all the anti england crap I keep hearing/reading. Srsly, it's pathetic. I don't get why people hate us so much ....whatever has been done in the past is IN THE FREAKING PAST! Honestly, some folks need to get over themselves! Politics has to come into everything rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif:rolleyes:

If it can make you feel better, I didn't hear negativity about England, our journalists went on and on about how unfair it was all along the second half, i'm not saying it wasn't unfair but he could have commented the game just a little and I agree Germany is a kick ass team because they play very well together (our players should take notes, I'm French )

It has absolutely nothing to do with politics. It's to do with the shite that gets shoved in our faces on Tv and in papers. The over hyped pish we have to read makes it all the the more worth while when they end up with egg on their face. i.e. The sun with the EASY headline. Mars changing the name, Kit kat crossing their fingers. Fuck every one of them, i hope they enjoy themselves for the rest of this world cup knowing that their amazing team isnt as amazing as they've made out. England were never going to win this world cup, because they are simply not good enough.

I am not here to gloat, because my team didnt even reach the world cup. But i am here to laugh in the faces of those idiotic companies and brands who have went on all summer about winning the world cup.

Also to Mark Lawrenson, get it up you. What a tosser of the highest order.

At least they have their excuse about the non goal. Well take a look at 66. Karma is a bitch aint it. I wonder how many will look past that non goal and actually look at the bigger picture.

At least they have their excuse about the non goal. Well take a look at 66. Karma is a bitch aint it. I wonder how many will look past that non goal and actually look at the bigger picture.

Our journalists talked about it and showed the images

i really want to know the same .. also at the game germany - england he should give the goal because i've never seen such a goal who was inside as that

Tell me about it ! Ridiculous ! With such consequences for the teams involved , the referees should make their job properly

Tell me about it ! Ridiculous ! With such consequences for the teams involved , the referees should make their job properly

yep thats true .. also at the game england - germany and a player shoot the ball into the goal but but the ball is bounced on the goal post and land behind the white line but the refeere doesnt see that the ball was behind the line and he said nooo the goal dont count ..

Im stating a fact Jorgi before it gets used as an excuse. 66 was indeed a long long time ago, so why do the media never shut the hell up about it? If they whine about the goal today then they are being hypocrits cause a similar thing happened in the precious 66 they always go on about.

the media are media, they do it to sell papers/attract audiences etc. etc., fact is we got beat to shit today and we probably would have even if the goal had been allowed; just as much as we could have won anyway in 66 if that goal had been disallowed. i think you're getting a bit too worked up over nothing, my dear, if we all threw hissy fits every time the media demonstrated amazing feats of hypocrisy, double standards or just plain ridiculous..ness.... there would be no time in the day to do anything else. like jump off of buildings because i spent £40 on an england shirt for no reason, par example. -_-

@Jorgi - spot on! the media will always be the same. to me it's pretty sad that anybody would base their entire opinion on something because the media was over dramatic as usual. like jorgi said, they want to attract attention/sell papers.

and Ross, politics has everything to do with it, especially when it comes to England. I live in Ireland, and I hear the same shit all the time. people wanted England to lose because most are anti English, football aside. that's just how it's always been. these cups always bring out that underlying bitterness people have for us. I've witnessed it for over a decade now. it's sad! if England were playing the worst team in the tournament everyone would still root for the other team! honest to god, just get over it and move on.

You cannot hide from the media. Fact. Unless you live like a hermit it is near on impossible, and its not even just them when it comes to this world cup.

All these brands and companies supporting England and it being shown nationwide on advertisements. Do i really want to see that? No. Would it be the same if Scotland were in it? No.

Heap of shit and im glad it'll be off my TV.

i really, really, really really love the scotland v england rivalry.

and by love i mean hate. how dare any company attempting to profit play on the patriotism of a capitalist and consummerist country ! the very idea !

maybe if scotland were good at football it would be different, ross, but you know :ph34r:

(clearly joking don't hurt me)

Ive happily said im not gloating cause my team arnt in it. We're not good enough. I honestly have no problems with english people, i have best friends that are english and family too. I probably dont even have much of a problem with the england team (besides the cheaters and wayne rooney). It's the media and the advertisements showing support for England that make people on the outside like this. It's not that they're supporting england that i have the problem with. It's the fact they do it outside of England as well. If i was a brand , i would certainly not want to go dropping my sales by doing stupid things as that. As sad as it may be, id love to see Mars Bar sales outside of England for the past month because i bet they lessened.

msrketing isn't necessarily international, just because mars is supporting england in the UK doesn't mean it's promoting so heavily in say, spain or france or whatever. And i'm pretty sure these companies make the decision to back a particular team based on their sales anyway; if mars, for example, didn't make the most revenue from england, i'm sure they wouldn't back them. i think you've got beef for the wrong reasons, mate; the media as a whole and companies don't back things because they necessarily like them - they back things to make money. england suck at football (evidently), and we're suckers for a good sales pitch = moola for the big guns. and welcome to life.

I don't know how to quote! :willy_nilly: (ps YAY there's willy nilly!)

But I just wanted to say that the pic Jorgi send here - AWESOME and worth of +1 rep. :)

Too bad for England. But I'm still extremely happy for Germany 8-)!

Plus I'm glad Ghana got through although I was supporting the USA too. But Africa is in the top 8! :D