Riot! Turns Three!

Chriss

awww omg, the first paramore album i bought :') haha, this album got me through the last couple of years of school i swear to God, without this album, i'm not sure i would have gone to school lol. but wow.. that means all we know is like.. what, 5 years old? now that is insane.. lol.

oh wow. I remember knowing a few songs from All We Know Is Falling, but Riot! while my least favorite of the three albums (which really isn't saying much), is what seriously got me into Paramore. Around the time the album was getting ready to be released up through that whole summer is when my love for them really started. Riot! will always have a special place in my heart :]

oh wow. I remember knowing a few songs from All We Know Is Falling, but Riot! while my least favorite of the three albums (which really isn't saying much), is what seriously got me into Paramore. Around the time the album was getting ready to be released up through that whole summer is when my love for them really started. Riot! will always have a special place in my heart :]

Aaaaand you saw them at the Marquee that year! :willy_nilly:

I would love to see them play that venue. :shifty:

When Riot! came out June 12, 2007 I was on my way out of town. I begged my mom to take me to wal-mart before we left so I could buy it. The first time I listened to the CD I was so excited. Riot! was different from AWKIF, but I still loved it. At Warped that summer I was shocked at how many people knew their songs. I had seen them the summer before on their first headlining tour, so it was awesome to see how far they had come in just a year. I always knew they were going to make it big. Riot! is not my favorite Paramore album, but it is an incredible CD that I will never stop listening to. I think everyones favorite album is the one that made them discover the band. So for me my favorite Paramore album will always be, All We Know Is Falling. I know no matter what, I will continue to love and support the band. Paramore still has a long road ahead of them and I am nothing but excited to watch them succeed at everything they do. Give it up for Riot! because it helped launch the bands career, only three short years ago.

I first discovered Paramore by accident in Autumn 2005. I stumbled across Pressure, loved it, and got AWKIF. I really liked the album, but didn't listen to Paramore a lot.

Then Riot! came out, and I went into town that day to buy it because, y'know, I had AWKIF, so I'd probably like Riot! too. I stuck it on when I got home, and fell in love from For A Pessimist, and refused to stop until I'd listened through to Born For This. I started listening to AWKIF a lot more too, and it was then I realised how much I loved both albums.

I'd say 12th June, 2007 was the day I became a true Paramore fan, and I've been hooked ever since. 3 years and 2 days. Wow. Seems like only yesterday! :)

Aw, I loved this album. I knew about about Paramore before Riot! I did discovered them on Fuse back in '06 when I think either Pressure or Emergency was playing. I loved it but have yet brought AWKIF. A year later I heard Misery Business it really what got me into Paramore. Then in late December I brought both albums. So, that album really did get me into Paramore. Still a fan since '06 and will always be.

Happy Belated Birthday Riot! <3

Alright, here we go. The first Paramore song I heard was Misery Business, however, that was long before I started listening to Paramore. (I think it was around 07). In 08, I heard That's What You Get and immediately went to iTunes and bought that and the rest of the album soon after. I will admit, part of what drew me in was the production on Riot! From the incredibly massive drum sounds, to the vocals that were unbelievably clear, the sound of Riot! immediately caught my attention. The music, of course, is the core of it all, but I do think the production definitely plays a role (like a catalyst?) in the music and how people listen to it. (obvious or not)

Skip ahead a few years to today, and my favorite song is still That's What You Get, and my favorite Paramore album is still Riot!. Don't get me wrong, BNE is amazing and a major progression for the band, but Riot! just has *that* sound. It's a sound that will likely not be repeated for a while. (some may call it too "poppy", others may not, but either way, the music calls for it. that is probably part of the reason the whole album is so cohesive.)

As for the drum sounds :D, Harry, I would have to say DB's drums on Riot! win. They have a quality to them that I've never heard anywhere else. Listen to Welcome To The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance...same mixer... essentially the same snare sound as BNE. (even though that snare is still AWESOME, you won't find Riot!'s snare on another record.) at least not yet?... :) Nah..... As for the rest of the kit, I do very much like Zac's cymbals on BNE, they are dark and CLA really made them blend well. On the other hand, the bright, shimmery cymbals on Riot! give off more energy while somehow being more subtle in the mix. The toms on both records rule and I really can't pick which I think are best. I guess it depends on whether you like up close sounding drums or more distant ones. /rant

Anywayz, Riot! rocks. :)

Nah, you can hear the drum samples of David Bendeth's stuff on other Bendeth produced records, so sorry to bust your balls.

I don't mean to say you can hear that exact same SNARE SOUND, but the qualities of the snare samples are definitely present in other Bendeth stuff.

I find the overheads in Riot! perhaps a tiny bit too bright for my tastes, but I'd rather have audible overheads rather than like in Nickelback's "Dark Horse" record where they are really hard to hear, even on studio monitors.

But I do definitely totally agree on this point "but I do think the production definitely plays a role (like a catalyst?) in the music and how people listen to it. (obvious or not) "

It's unfortunate a lot of the younger generation take great production for granted.

Yes of course, the music is obviously the most important element, but David Bendeth, Rob Cavallo, Chris Lord-Alge and all those other guys that were behind the production of the last two Paramore records (I'd say the first one too, but the production of the first record doesn't really stand up to Riot! and BNE for sheer size and depth) are JUST as important to the sound of the record as the musicians are.

It probably doesn't interest most people, which is a huge shame IMO, but whenever I buy a well produced CD, I love to look in the credits to find out who did the engineering, the mixing and the mastering and production, because those processes are such an integral part of how a record sounds.

Nah, you can hear the drum samples of David Bendeth's stuff on other Bendeth produced records, so sorry to bust your balls.

I suppose you're right. I mean it is common sense that the same mixers/producers of different albums would use similar characteristics in their snare samples, etc.

Suffice to say, I don't dissect songs like Harry boy over here does. I hear a song, I like it or I don't. End of story.

And that's exactly a problem I have with much of today's generation.

A lot of people don't take the time to understand why they like anything anymore.

It's just a case of "Well, cause I do". I don't understand what's so hard about just taking a little time to read about something and to understand it better or to listen to something more deeply and truly get connected with it rather than just "YEAH MAN I LIKE!".

It's not a case of me sitting down and dissecting songs all day, far from it.

I enjoy a good song like anyone else, but I think an understanding of something on a more than a superficial and shallow level is important too.