Board Update Question

this topic watching is still shitty for me lol.

not a big deal really. im just saying

You can check watched topics fully from your User CP settings. The hook on the sidebar is simply a quick view, not meant to be the full feature.

You can check watched topics fully from your User CP settings. The hook on the sidebar is simply a quick view, not meant to be the full feature.

oh so there is a user cp? okay i didn't know that lol

oh so there is a user cp? okay i didn't know that lol

Click the dropdown in the top right corner where your name is. All that stuff there is your user CP. It's just organized so it's not confused with the board links in the navigation, like vBulletin was. If you click "My Settings" and go to "Forum" tab, there's watched topic and watched forum stuff. You can modify and manage watched stuff there.

Update looks cool.

Not enough skin options though :P

We are definitely going to add more, we're just waiting to see which ones people like the most or at least a majority vote on some skins, and then I'll add them. I'll put up any skin from here: http://www.finalprestige.net/index.php?p=3 for free (as long as it's IPB 3.0 or 3.1 compatible). If enough people say they like a particular skin, then I'll add it.

it's still not in order. what the hell. it's all mixed up. recent replies to topics should be at the top.

but thats okay i figured out another way to check my watched topics =]

I guess I'll have to suffice with this app for now...using Safari for the site is way too slow

How about "wow I'm so glad I have a mobile option for a site that never had any form of mobility before until now."

We are definitely going to add more, we're just waiting to see which ones people like the most or at least a majority vote on some skins, and then I'll add them. I'll put up any skin from here: http://www.finalprestige.net/index.php?p=3 for free (as long as it's IPB 3.0 or 3.1 compatible). If enough people say they like a particular skin, then I'll add it.

Sounds good. Looking forward to new skins

I'm using the app instead of using safari...I actually figured out how to quote someone lol

Yeah I'm sure the app is beter than safari but I can't figure the app out either.

Edit: just noticed there's a thread about it. I did exactely what that thread says (with the logging in stuff) but it doesn't work.

So when are the forums going to be hidden to guests so that we have our privacy/people are forced to sign up?

Also - are there no privacy settings for our profiles or is that not an option on these boards? Like, only showing your profile to your friends or registered users.

As far as making these boards private, we really have no plans to do that. Every so often, we have some VIP lurkers who read the boards (if you catch my drift) and we don't want to force them to sign up and have people bother them. Plus, some people just want to look at the boards for news and pictures and not post, and that's fine for now.

I will look into privacy settings for profiles though. Dustin would probably know better than me, but I'll see what I can do.

To sync your Twitter, go to Settings in your User CP, click the Profile tab and then Manage Twitter Connect.

Well I think the off topic section should be private seeing as people talk about more personal stuff in there, and post their pictures. That should be of no importance to VIP lurkers.

We could make the off topic section private. That's obviously not up to me, but based on capabilities, it's definitely not a problem for making the board private for that one forum specifically. Although, technically, if you don't want people seeing your private information, the internet might not be a good place to be talking about it ;) haha.

Yeah, but it's more private with only the registered people seeing it, as opposed to just anyone. I know it's easy to do, I'm admin of an invision board that I don't use anymore and it's no where near as advanced as this, and hiding forums is like one of the basic powers on the Admin CP. :P

so, taylor's face is half blocked out on the default banner by the notification block, metaphor ? just sayin'

OR AM I.

Oh p.s. thanks for restoring this account to its former, log-in-able glory, much appreciated

How small is your resolution? Using a larger resolution would likely fix that for you. Trust me, none of us would want poor Taylor blocked! haha