Board Update Question

Sorry, 1024x768 actually isn't standard anymore, so no one develops for it. That might be why I didn't account for the user_navigation covering the faces. Have you tried using a higher resolution?

oh it's okay, not that it's a problem or something. i've been using this resolution for years, but yeah, i might switch it to a higher one. :)

Guess what I just noticed?

there are spoiler tags built in by default. Lucky you! haha

Just type:

[spoiler]blahblah[/spoiler]

when you want to use spoiler tags. :)

I thought I replied to this, but apprently not, haha. That's awesome! : D

When I'm on the homepage of the forum, I'm signed out, but when I'm in a topic I'm signed in.. if that makes sense. When I go back to something it signs me back out :/ I cleared cookies and that, still happening. It's not a problem or anything, it's just strange, haha

Known fact: Tim Berners-Lee regrets the idea of http:// and would have not used www. in URLs if he knew the internet would take off like it did.

Pretty interesting. It makes me think of how much easier typing URLs would be if he had known that sooner.

Agreed, but how was he to know that it would take off the way it did? If only he could've done an internet search into the future so he could know how annoying WWW is now. :P

Agreed, but how was he to know that it would take off the way it did? If only he could've done an internet search into the future so he could know how annoying WWW is now. :P

If only he had patented it! Imagine how rich he would be!

For some reason, when I'm on my iPod using the app I get an error saying I don't have permission to the page when I try to go back to the HomePage from offtopic, photography, etc. Do you know why?

Can you see individual reps? Not that I get any! :P

You can see how many reps a person has in each post in the bottom right corner, and you can see the total number of reps in a person's profile, but you can't see why each rep was made or track where a rep was given. From my understanding, this is to make reputation less personal, because some people rep negatively or positively based on a personal bias, like if they just agree to keep positively repping each other to boost rep, or negatively rep someone because you hate them. It's to keep the system from being abused. That's my understanding, though. I could be wrong, so don't quote me! haha.

For some reason, when I'm on my iPod using the app I get an error saying I don't have permission to the page when I try to go back to the HomePage from offtopic, photography, etc. Do you know why?

That's odd. Does this happen when you tap the header "Paramore Fans" text as well as when you hit the back button? Or only in one of those instances?

That's odd. Does this happen when you tap the header "Paramore Fans" text as well as when you hit the back button? Or only in one of those instances?

It's only when I tap on 'back to Paramore', works fine when I click the Paramore Fans header on the top, didn't try that before just now, haha.

It's only when I tap on 'back to Paramore', works fine when I click the Paramore Fans header on the top, didn't try that before just now, haha.

From IPS:

Is she still logged in? The next time it happens, have her click the arrow in the header and see if she is signed in still.

Try that to see if you are still logged in when going back to the index. I know it's not likely the problem, but it's worth a shot.

I dunno if it's just me but the boards are being slow nowadays. It wasn't like that for me when it first converted but the past few days or so it's been slow. O_o

Will look into it. There are ways to speed things up without major MySQL database edits, like pruning topics (ehem...the Games forum), and turning off the "Who's browsing this forum/topic" feature, but I hear members on PF don't want to give that up, so I'll look for more ways.

i'm up for this 'pruning' :razz:

The only problem with pruning topics (which is just another word for deleting them) is that post counts go with it, and we're not sure how the people with 80 gazillion posts from the Games forum will react. :P