Board Update Question

Anyone here on Facebook tend to "like" a lot of things?

Good news!

With IP.Board, you can "like" a topic, and it will post what topic you liked, with a link to it, to your Facebook account! Pretty nifty, huh?

...That's my advertisement of the day.

And whats the word on security? I know sometimes we have spam bots (waits for sarcastic comment about my posts). How will site security be affected?

If anything changes, the security will probably go down a bit as updates are occurring but will be back up to par once everything is finished :)

And whats the word on security? I know sometimes we have spam bots (waits for sarcastic comment about my posts). How will site security be affected?

Very secure. There is a CAPTCHA when registering to determine human/bot and other spam monitoring services. Think of it this way. vBulletin 3.7 is from years ago. IP.Board 3.1.1 just came out. The spam monitoring is much more up to date.

I know THAT Erin..I meant was will the security be better once we are back up and running

hence the "it will be back up to par..."

read my whole post.

the security will only improve after updates are complete.

Just an update so you all know, the conversion is scheduled to be done on June 22nd between 9am-11am. During this time we will have the board turned off. It shouldn't take too long. Only a couple hours or so.

I'm way behind on all of this and maybe I'm spoiling the surprise, but the chat will hold 50 users max, not 5 - paid a little extra for it, but it seemed worth it...

There's also a really awesome gallery that I purchased as an add-on that's fully integrated with the boards...the only real question is if we have to convert our current gallery manually or not...good lord, I hope not...that's like 20,000 images...but if we get this new gallery up and running, it's a big step up from Coppermine.

quick question about the iphone/ipod app

does it have push notifications?

like if someone replies to a thread or sends you a message or something

The original release didn't, but Push notifications is coming out in an update very soon. I actually have the dev version since I work as a partner with the company, and it's quite slick. You can set up push notifications to work for specific things such as only topics, or if you want topics AND PM's and such. yada yada, the list goes on.

If you want the exact quote from IPS about what notifications you can get on your phone/iPod, here it is:

You can have notifications sent to your phone for subscribed forums and topics, new personal conversations, reported posts, and much more.

EDIT: I'd also like to welcome Brent back to the boards after being banished by vBulletin for magical unicorn reasons!