Jon Howard Touring With Paramore

JaredWard

what :o nahh, surely he wouldn't be able to leave just like that.... i don't think he would..

He wouldn't. He's a primary songwriter for the band, and I believe he's signed as both an artist and a writer, so it'd be pretty hard for him to just decide he was done and leave.

He wouldn't. He's a primary songwriter for the band, and I believe he's signed as both an artist and a writer, so it'd be pretty hard for him to just decide he was done and leave.

that's exactly what i was thinking.. he's a prominent songwriter they wouldn't just let him leave like that... all the more reason that this is probably a load of rubbish. which i really really hope it is :)

i log onto the boards and the first i see is "josh leaving.."

i'm pretty sure my heart skipped a beat lol not gonna freak out until i hear from the band tho!

Exactly, I was like.. "OHSHIT".

I hope it was all just a misunderstandment.... I wouldn't want Josh to leave -__-

I changed the title to something much less likely to cause heart attacks and also included that, for now, it's a rumor.

Also, there was never any mention of him taking over for anyone, so there's no need to say he is, if any of this is even true.

Hi everyone! *waves*

Chriss figured out how to fix my password issues (how sad that I forgot my password lol), so I'm back...

Anyway, about all this Jon Howard stuff - this is straight from the band's management:

He's a friend of the band who is helping out with extra parts live so the band could try out some sounds from the record for fun. They didn't want to play to tracks.

That's all there is to it...now I can go forget my password again... (just kidding) :)

I swear Dustin and I already tried what I did to make your password work again. Either way, I'm glad you're back!

After Jon updated his Twitter, I figured out he was definitely in Germany with the band, but I didn't want to say anything until we got some pictures from the show to see what exactly he was playing. That's pretty cool that he's adding extra live parts. Hopefully we'll get some videos from the shows to hear what they're adding. :)

Maybe some of the songs have three layers of guitar in them... but it sounds more like he's playing keyboard and synth parts, with maybe some glockenspiel and other random instruments thrown in there. He's a songwriter, haha. He plays more than just guitar. :)

They probably didn't announce it cause they're just trying out something new, and they didn't think it was a big deal. He's not exactly a touring member or anything, just a friend helping them test out some variations on their live sound.