New Board Tutorial

http://

21kdrf5.png

Welcome to Paramore Fans 2.0! As you can see, there are a lot of changes. We are hoping to make this less confusing to adjust to by providing a few tutorials on how main parts of the board work.

Board Header:

14js036.png

Board Index:

2wd975l.png

Board Footer:

2poqemc.png

Sidebar (order of appearance can change):

vgopyb.png

Profile View:

2ir3y53.png

Topic View:

2ugezd3.png

Bottom of Topic View:

2qwfz9j.png

Gallery Album View:

23igket.png

Gallery Image View:

zydb4k.png

Gallery Image Upload View:

2055s1t.png

Gallery Video Upload View:

2imb9t2.png

If you see any part of the board that you are unsure of how to use, reply and we will make a visual tutorial explaining how it works.

IP.Board is the best forum software around, and is FULL of very fun features. Explore and try them out as you please. This is the first phase of changes. We hope to add many more fun things to the forums in the coming weeks.

We worked very hard to bring you all the very best we could. When you can, take the time to personally thank Brent (thebrowncoat) for funding this conversion, and congratulate him for getting his account working again!

Also give a pat on the back to all moderators for keeping this community running smoothly, and continuing to do so. Without them, PF would be a mess.

Thank you all for sticking with us this long. Here's to many years of more fun Paramore discussions!

the only thing i don't like is trying to keep up with my threads like the userCP.

everything else is great!!

You may have to remove old subscribed topics because when everything converted over, I mean EVERYTHING was converted over, so you may have old subscriptions you can remove.

agreed

the watched topics thing is showing me threads from a year ago :\

Refer to my answer above. The subscriptions from long ago might show up, just remove the ones you don't want in your User CP. Don't worry, it's a one time deal. It's just when the conversion was made, the deleted stuff came with it.

the only thing i don't like (well, not exactly "don't like", but yeah) is that apparently there's no such thing as "real name"?

Real name was not default on vBulletin either. It was added in. We can definitely have that added in on here. I'll get on it soon.

EDIT: Added it! Feel free to check it out in your Settings for your profile.

Real name was not default on vBulletin either. It was added in. We can definitely have that added in on here. I'll get on it soon.

EDIT: Added it! Feel free to check it out in your Settings for your profile.

oh i see! and it's great, thanks :)

You may have to remove old subscribed topics because when everything converted over, I mean EVERYTHING was converted over, so you may have old subscriptions you can remove.

What happened to the profile visitor messages if everything was converted?

Not everything that vBulletin does is used in IP.Board. You can comment on profiles, but it uses a different code and functionality/purpose, so comments on profiles are not the same as profile visitor messages.

is there a way to sort the watched topics by like when they were last posted in?

i deleted a lot of old subscriptions but there's still stuff showing up that hasn't been posted in for weeks

In your user CP settings under the "forums" tab you can manage your watched topics, you can also unwatch a topic by going to it and clicking "unwatch" or whatever the button is next to "new topic" "add reply" etc. The watched and unwatched topic hook on the sidebar is simply a quick view, it's not supposed to have all the info, the full info is in your managed watched topics settings of your user CP.

Also, iPhone and iPod app tutorial will be added momentarily, for those who are wondering how you can add PF to it so you can browse while on your iPhone or iPod.

Sorry for the double post, but since members could delete their own posts and topics on the old PF, I enabled it for the new PF as well. So if you want to delete a topic or post you have made, you can :)

For those who want to receive popups to alert them of a new PM, status update, topic reply, notification, etc. read this and let me know if you need assistance:

35mjpma.png

Inline notifications are the popups. They aren't a window popup, they are a box that will show in the middle of the screen. You can't miss it. It pops up to alert you of something in case you don't look up in the corner.

The numbers you see in the corner are less intrusive, which is why it is default. When you receive a new PM, the number of new PMs you have will show in the purple/pink box next to your picture. Notifications are like Facebook notifications. You will get them for all sorts of things, not just PMs, and it's an easy way to track what people have sent to you, mentioned you, quoted you, etc. So it's very social oriented. If you know Facebook, you probably know how to use notifications on here.

i like when you PM someone it doesn't go to another page, it just opens up a little box right there!

Yeah, it's very convenient. You can do a PM from any page. Just find the little icon next to a user's name, click it, and choose an interaction, such as PM, or see their status, what topic they are currently viewing, add as a friend, etc.