New Board Tutorial

im still baffled.. how do you know when someones replied in a thread? liek to the ones you've subbed to? and i have read the instructions, i just still dont get it.

There is a "Watched Content" hook on the sidebar at the top that will show your watched topics and forums. When there is a new post, under neath it, it should say when a new reply was made. This is like a "quick look" feature for checking watched topics briefly. If you want to view your full featured list of watched content, you go to your Settings (which is located from clicking the "My Settings" link in the dropdown on the top right of the screen for your user navigation, then from that page, click the "Forums" tab and the two options on the left should be for managing your watched content.

Let me know if you need any other help.

sam i found it easier to go to the drop down menu at the top right and go to "my content"

it's all right there and in order

I rarely used My Content because I work on developing forums and skinning them, never had to think about anything related to posting or accessing posts I've made or participated in haha, but that is definitely a better alternative. Nice find, Catie!

IP.Board uses a much more efficient, and abuse-free method.

In the bottom right corner of each post, is a + and - button. Click the + to positively rep a person's post if you really like the content they posted. Press the - button if someone says something mean, or completely foul.

You can rep a person once a day. Each time a person's post is repped, their overall reputation increases/decreases. You can view their reputation by clicking the little boxy link next to a user's name, or go to their profile. This way, reputation has a basis and reasoning behind why someone reps another person, and also enables people to rep individual posts, which anyone can see and do. You can also sort topics that you are viewing by reputation, if you wish to filter out badly repped posts so you don't have to read junk/mean content, or if you want to view the most helpful content first.

Let me know if you need further help :)

EDIT: also forgot to mention, your reputation from the previous board did carry over to here. So you didn't lose any reputation if you were afraid of that.

• Like 4

IP.Board uses a much more efficient, and abuse-free method.

In the bottom right corner of each post, is a + and - button. Click the + to positively rep a person's post if you really like the content they posted. Press the - button if someone says something mean, or completely foul.

You can rep a person once a day. Each time a person's post is repped, their overall reputation increases/decreases. You can view their reputation by clicking the little boxy link next to a user's name, or go to their profile. This way, reputation has a basis and reasoning behind why someone reps another person, and also enables people to rep individual posts, which anyone can see and do. You can also sort topics that you are viewing by reputation, if you wish to filter out badly repped posts so you don't have to read junk/mean content, or if you want to view the most helpful content first.

Let me know if you need further help :)

EDIT: also forgot to mention, your reputation from the previous board did carry over to here. So you didn't lose any reputation if you were afraid of that.

LOL wasn't afraid of that :D

Thanks for clearing this up for me :)

Obviously you are full of infos ..so don't mind me if i keep posting stupid questions :)

LOL wasn't afraid of that :D

Thanks for clearing this up for me :)

Obviously you are full of infos ..so don't mind me if i keep posting stupid questions :)

I don't mind at all. I do this for a living. It's what my company does, so bring on the questions. Don't be afraid to ask. :)

Did you click the multi quote button, then the next person's multi quote button, then the "Add Reply" button? I've been using multi quote just fine and it seems to be working without any problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Some people's comments and friends were deleted. It's a small price to pay for getting a major upgrade, but friends can be added again so feel free to re-add all your friends.

• 1 month later...

It took time to adapt to the new forum, but now that we're used to it, we can enjoy all the upgrades, thanks Dustin !

Do you know by any chance, how to update the title behind your profile picture ?

Mine is "Knight of Cydonia" in case you don't know what it is.

I'm mobile right now so I can't recall off the top of my head but I believe you can change it under the profile tab in your My Settings page. It should be listed as custom user title in one of the settings there.