Guide to IP.Board for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Chriss

Guide to IP.Board for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Downloading the application:

Open iTunes on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad and search for "IP.Board Communities" (or just IP.Board, anything close works fine).

The IP.Board application is the blue one wit the white V on it.

1461yf.png

Download and install.

2. Logging into PF:

After you installed the application, tap it to open (obviously).

Then you will need to add PF to your list of IP.Boards. This application can be used to view any forum that is using IP.Board.

Find the + button at the top right corner, and fill in your login info for PF like so:

Title: Paramore Fans (this can be whatever you want to call PF)

URL: http://paramorefans.com/boards

User: (your forum username here)

Password: (your forum password here)

Hit SAVE at the top right corner.

(example)

3166k46.png

Now you can view the forum whenever you want, no need to log in ever again on this app. Just tap and go.

30kwrx0.png

3. Using PF on the app:

First thing you will see is the board index.

2r598k1.png

At the top, you can tap on the "Paramore Fans" title bar to go back to the index at any time.

Each category and forum is represented, as well as whether or not a topic has new posts.

At the bottom, you will see:

Back button: takes you back to the last page.

Forward button: takes you forward after going back.

Refresh button: refreshes the page

Camera button: used for uploading an image to the board or gallery

Write button: used for updating your status easily from any page

Arrow button: used for jumping back to the forum list, or sharing the link to the board in an email, or opening the page in Safari.

2v1q42w.png

4. Using your control panel

If you tap the light arrow to the top right of the page in the title bar, you will see some useful pages:

i3b4et.png

Sign out: tap this to sign out of your account

Messenger: send and receive PMs through the app!

Members: view the member list

New Content: view a RSS feed of new content on the board

Status Updates: view and create status updates

5. Viewing a forum:

To view a forum, simply tap anywhere on the row that a forum name is located in.

You will see something like this:

rkvn8o.png

Just tap "New topic" to make a new topic, tap "next" to go to the next topic in the forum, or tap "Prev" to go to a previous topic in the forum.

Everything is pretty simple to figure out. Tap a topic to view it, or tap a page within a topic to view that page.

6. Starting a topic:

Starting a topic is easy. After tapping "new topic" just follow the on screen directions. Choose a title, description (optional), and begin typing your content.

2cys4mc.png

7. Viewing a topic:

Reading topics are simple. Just tap on a topic, and scroll to view the posts.

33f5ids.png

8. Replying to a topic:

To reply to a topic, tap the fast reply text box and start typing, or hit the Add Reply button to have more posting options available to you

2hzqrcx.png

That's basically it! Enjoy!

Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't.

- Margaret Thatcher

"If you act like an asshole one night, (you) might not remember it. But we will."

-Rob Lorenc

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i thought that was weird lol

instruction no. 1 says:

"Open iTunes on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad and search for "IP.Board Communities" (or just IP.Board, anything close works fine)."

Maybe it should be amended to avoid future confusion?

Damn! Just found out my iphone needs an upgrage before i can d/l the app :( because i have the phone unblocked i don't think i can upgrade the software

You can upgrade after unlocking, but you'll have to unlock it again afterward. That's how unlocking and jailbreaking works.

Also, when you open iTunes, you can search globally for the app, you don't need to go into anything specifically, but it is an application, so if you had to look anywhere specifically, you would go to the App Store, because it's an applicatiion. You just went into iTunes U, which is not where apps are.

I had to pay someone to unlock it so im not gonna upgrade and then pay again for it to be unlocked (I am not tech savvy enough - I f**ked up my old Touch trying to jailbreak it). So if there is no other way I will have to live without this great forum easy to use on my phone :crybad:

And you are wrong - I said the closest match I could find was in iTunes U, I did not say that I was searching in iTunes U exclusively.

I am telling you that on my iPhone in the UK, you have to use App Store on your to find this App.

Yes it is only in the App Store because it is an application. It's not music, videos, podcasts, etc.

Can't really help you with getting the application if you can't download on iTunes without upgrading.

But if I remember correctly, all you have to do is install the ultrasn0w application from Cydia to unlock your iPhone. Jailbreaking is also just as easy, just go to the JailbreakMe website and slide to jailbreak. The process years ago used to be tedious, but now it's automated. Not sure how much you paid your friend to do it for you, but it's not something that requires any technical knowledge to do nowadays.

Not to mention, the iPhone/iPod touch will have a lot of updates released in the future, so you could either re-jailbreak/re-unlock your iPhone each time there's an update so you can keep your phone in tip top shape, or just settle with what you have and never download an app. Most people just re-unlock their iPhone. And since the process is very quick and easy, it's not a nuisance like it was a couple years ago when everything was manual.

I have done a quick google search - it still looks too complicated. You still have to jailbreak the phone with redwn0w before using ultrasn0w, ensuring you have OS 3.0 or 3.1.2, but if you have 3.1.2 (which I do) you need to ensure the baseband is 04.26 and crap like that... And all the advice is largely for US customers.

I paid a shop to do it for me because I don't have the time to mess around, especially when the end result (an unlocked iPhone) is not guaranteed if I do it myself.

The phone companies don't want to make it easy for us!

Anyway, I think we have taken up enough space on this thread - I can't get this app on my iPhone - PANTS!

redsn0w is just using JailbreakMe..which is a simple "slide to jailbreak" website. 1 slide, and it does everything for you. Then you use ultrasn0w, which is also a 1 slide to unlock step.

• 1 month later...

Made a new mobile skin for the app to match the site!

This skin also works on all platforms that support the mobile skin, including all android, blackberry, etc. operating systems that allow mobile web browsing.