Playing God next single

nickkk

I don't see Playing God as a single kind of song, but I like all Paramore songs so I can't say it's a bad choice, I just would have preferred something else.

Also...?

B.o.B. feat Hayley Williams – Airplanes August 9th? I thought it was already a single?

Where The Lines Overlap is one of my favorite tracks from that album. I would like that to be the next single, or the last single from BNE. I just like the vibe of it more than that of Playing God. Especially if it's the last single! The message of Playing God is similar to that of Ignorance (defensive/slightly accusing), which was also a single. Where The Lines Overlap is set apart from all the other singles and has a completely different tone, both musically and lyrically. Not only does it better summarize the general attitude of the band (optimistic/fun/thankful), but it puts you in a good mood too! I am listening to it over and over and can't seem to grow tired of it! I just think it would be a better note to end the singles on than Playing God. (if it is the last single from BNE)

But that's just me.

Maybe it's just me but I have the feeling that they're releasing too much singles out of the same album and too quickly, compared with other bands. But meh, it's not really important, let's hope they will a do a good job with the video !

And yeah kasiek is right, even if Airplanes is already well-known in the US, they didn't released it yet in Europe.

Where The Lines Overlap is one of my favorite tracks from that album. I would like that to be the next single, or the last single from BNE. I just like the vibe of it more than that of Playing God. Especially if it's the last single! The message of Playing God is similar to that of Ignorance (defensive/slightly accusing), which was also a single. Where The Lines Overlap is set apart from all the other singles and has a completely different tone, both musically and lyrically. Not only does it better summarize the general attitude of the band (optimistic/fun/thankful), but it puts you in a good mood too! I am listening to it over and over and can't seem to grow tired of it! I just think it would be a better note to end the singles on than Playing God. (if it is the last single from BNE)

But that's just me.

I really like 'Playing God' so I've no complaints but hopefully it isn't the final single from BNE. I agree with Scott that I don't feel leaving on a song with a more angry message is right. WTLO seems a better song to end on but I don't know if 6 singles will happen. Although I have a feeling there may be another live album out by the end of this year and I'm sure it was mentioned at some point so maybe a live version of WTLO (+ the "whoa's"at the end) will appear, similar to the Let the Flames Begin live version from the Final Riot!

Sorry if none of that really made sense by the way, me head is a mush at the moment. :wacko: lol

yeah, i love playing god but i think they're doing kind of a bad job choosing singles off this album. hopefully the video is better than careful's was..

The only negative point of Careful video is that it doesn't fit with the song.

So I hope that for PG, it's going to be a concept video, I imagine mirrors, it makes me think about this picture:

normal_l_a1eaf53c767d4cfd968dc683c029b091.jpg

PG is not my favorite song off BNE, but I'm curious to see the video :)