The Official Paramore Covers Thread (post your covers here!)

Jessnesss

I wonder how did I miss this thread...Anyway, here is me covering Fences with my acoustic guitar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTvXb2N1FsA

There are as many ways to play it as there are players, so I thought I might as well throw my own spoon into the soup.

I really like your cover. It's all mellow and such, haha. It's good. One of the best I've seen.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-P47ZIxL-c

me and my friends covered all i wanted :) tell me what you guys think! im on keys :D

Hahaha, I never knew it was essential to clear your throat before starting to play! Seriously though, that was really good. I love your style in all of your piano covers, and I've definitely learned a good bit from them. Keep them coming!

Another thing...is it necessary for us to have two separate threads for our music stuff? We only have a handful of people who do these so I think we might as well cram them all in the other covers-thread that's in the musicians' section.

I agree with Pekka, plus it would be better if more of the musicians here actually used the musician sub forum. There's quite a few non Paramore covers going on in there and it would be cool to get feedback on those from other musicians that up until now have generally only posted in here.

Although on the other hand non musicians tend to basically never venture into the musicians sub at all, so I guess we wont be getting feedback from them.

It'd be cool to keep it all in one thread, but I guess if it happens or doesn't happen, it wont bother me either way really.

I plan on doing a paramore singing cover soon...

but I'm too afraid of people being like "go die in a well"

:(

Sorry, but :rotfl: at this.

Seriously, no one is going to tell you to die in a well.

Anyone that would, is a blatant fucking asshole that should have a wine bottle shoved up their fucking asshole, nothing less.

I'm not exactly the kind of person to just give out compliments for the sake of it to please people though. That's just a passive approach to it, and doesn't lead anywhere other than to needlessly boost someone's self esteem/ego. As a musician, I always know there is room for improvement and frankly people telling me that a performance that is obviously not all that good, is good, well, it just goes to show how little that person knows and they want to kiss your fucking asshole.

I did a cover of Crushcrushcrush a while back. It wasn't terrible by any means, but it wasn't great either. If anyone told me it was great, they'd be a totally deaf fuck, or just plain stupid.

Fortunately you've got other guys like Pekka who are pretty honest about stuff. He didn't tell me it was perfect, but just said he knew where the errors were and he didn't need to tell me because I knew where I went wrong with it too and I knew I could improve upon it and re record it.

The aggressive approach, which is the extreme opposite, is to blatantly say "You fucking suck shit" or in your example "Go die in a well".

Fortunately, I'm a nice guy and if I hear things in a performance I didn't like, I'll say so in a manner which isn't going to lead to someone being in tears.

I'll give proper, assertive but non offensive criticism and if possible, suggest ways to improve upon that performance (if in the case of a video that can be done again) or ways to make sure for the next time you're better at it with less errors(in the case of say, a school performance where generally you don't have the chance to re do it).

As I said, I stress there is always room for improvement as a musician, and the humble musician that sees another musicians performance and sees flaws in it will always be willing to give advice so they can improve:D

• 2 weeks later...