"The Only Exception" to be Performed on Glee

Caitlyn

I want Sunshine, the new girl to sing it.

Guest starring role. She's on Vocal Adrenaline now.

What if it was a Puck to Quin song? Since they made it obvious he's still in love with her in the season premiere? I'd much prefer that to a Finn-Rachel or Rachel-Finn even though I'm a big fan of that couple.

i don't really like it. this is gonna sound stupid, but it sounds like something all the kids in my school used to listen to when they were 11- something from High School Musical. Her voice just doesn't suit it, it's too theatreish, if that makes sense. I think it could've been done better.

Umm, sorry to state the obvious, but that's kind of the point? The kids are supposed to sound broadway/musical theatre-ish. The show itself is a musical and Lea Michele is a professionally trained broadway singer and performer. It's not supposed to be a legitimate cover you'd hear on the radio and have sell millions (despite the fact that the franchise is selling millions). I wouldn't say it was butchered, it's just done in a broadway/theatre style. I wasn't expecting the cover to be amazing, I don't even think Paramore really is suited for Glee at all. But with all that stated, I would say they did the best they could trying to fit a pop-rock love song into a musical/theatre based mold.

just heard the full cover, it's not bad in my opinion. Especially since Lea Michele has a broadway voice and she tends to oversing. She sang softly in the verses and belted at the end, typical of her, but I liked it :]

I think that this format--softly at first, belt out at the end, is the typical format of anyone who's covering a song and trying desperately to make it their own even though it's not and it never will be.

Oversinging is a major problem that ruins songs.

I think that this format--softly at first, belt out at the end, is the typical format of anyone who's covering a song and trying desperately to make it their own even though it's not and it never will be.

Oversinging is a major problem that ruins songs.

Umm, that's how Hayley sings the song. It's soft at first and she belts it out on the bridge/end. Broadway singers tend to over-sing traditional songs. I'm agreeing that oversinging is a problem, but I wouldn't say Lea Michele ruined this song. She did a decent cover that will fit on the show. Which was the purpose.