"The Only Exception" to be Performed on Glee

Caitlyn

it's like high school musical all over again.

in other words, i didn't like that due to the fake, auto-tuned shit, and i don't like glee.

the only exception was okay, but the ending was bad. it's a little too much to handle lol.

the miming doesn't help. just sayin'.

I didn't like how the girl sang the song, it sounded so fake to me some how. They should never do a paramore song again, or at least not let her do it.

Completely agree with this, Hayley sings it with a lot of feeling and this just sounds too glamorous and, as you said, fake.

I don't like Glee in the first place but that aside there is so much autotune and is it just me or does she over pronounce almost every word. It sounds like she's singing it with her lips pouted. And the worst part is going on Youtube and seeing all these comments saying "OMG IT WAS AMAZING!" Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, I know, but half of them sound like they've never actually heard the original.

^ To whoever say it sounded fake, I agree. That's a huge part of the reason that I don't like Glee. Don't get me wrong, they are incredibly talented, but I think their raw talent would be a lot better than the autotuned oversinging shit they put out.

I totally agree.

IT'S A MUSICAL. Lea Michele does over-pronounce. Part of Broadway technique because on stage you have to over-pronounce to make sure the audience can understand you.

Constantly comparing the original and Hayley's singing to Lea Michele's is pointless. It's like comparing a book to the movie adaptation. You're setting yourself up to be disappointed.

IT'S A MUSICAL. Lea Michele does over-pronounce. Part of Broadway technique because on stage you have to over-pronounce to make sure the audience can understand you.

Constantly comparing the original and Hayley's singing to Lea Michele's is pointless. It's like comparing a book to the movie adaptation. You're setting yourself up to be disappointed.

I didn't compare the two. I was just stating the fakeness of Glee. Not what this thread is for though, so I apologize.

I didn't compare the two. I was just stating the fakeness of Glee. Not what this thread is for though, so I apologize.

Which I totally get, because I agree that the show isn't realistic at all. I'm a huge fan of it, but I would never say it was realistic. And I don't mean to sound like I'm jumping on anyone who's dissing the cover, because I don't absolutely love the cover. I agree that the ending was bad, the rest was pretty good though. But for what the show is, a musical, and the kind of singer Lea Michele is, a broadway singer, it wasn't bad. The style it was done in completely fits with the tone of the show.