Who's good with cars?

The Drummer

I'm looking to buy my first car this weekend.

I've been looking at Ford Focus's a lot, because I heard they have good mileage.

Plus, my family doesn't have too much of a budget to spend.

I'm thinking of this one:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=282650579&dealer_id=56972916&car_year=2007&rdm=1285278403515&lastStartYear=1981&num_records=25&model=CIVIC&make2=FORD&start_year=2000&body_code=10&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=25&marketZipError=false&model2=FOCUS&ct=u&ct=u&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&first_record=1&make=HONDA&scarid=283134829&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_style=COUPE&body_style=SEDAN&default_sort=newsortbyprice_DESC&seller_type=d&position=top&position=top&style_flag=2&sort_type=priceASC&address=08540&end_year=2011&pager.offset=0&cardist=20&standard=false

I like the exterior color a lot, I want a black car.

The interior is okay.

Does anybody know anything about cars? haha

I know the 2008 model is a lot better, but it's like $5,000 more.

I, personally, am through with American cars. They stink, honestly. I had one, it had this cheap ass little plastic piece that snapped on the engine and I got stranded in a torrential downpour. The piece cost like $1000 to replace. So I moved onto my next American car and my tranny blew, then I got it fixed and almost immediately it blew again.

Japanese cars all the way. I drive a scion xB. Next car will probably be a Subaru.

The Fords my family's had through the years have always lasted pretty well--except until my brother crashed our Ford Expedition into a tree and totalled it last year, lol--but that's also because my step-dad repaired them and kept them in really good condition.

My first car was a Mazda Millenia, and it was awesome. Even with 170,000 miles on it, it lasted really well until my sister got it after I moved away to college. Poor Wilbur... (yes my car had a name, lol.) When I finally have the money to buy my own car, it will be a Mazda. I'd definitely recommend a Japanese car, but if a Ford is more affordable for you, just make sure you take care of it and keep it in good working condition.

I, personally, am through with American cars. They stink, honestly. I had one, it had this cheap ass little plastic piece that snapped on the engine and I got stranded in a torrential downpour. The piece cost like $1000 to replace. So I moved onto my next American car and my tranny blew, then I got it fixed and almost immediately it blew again.

Japanese cars all the way. I drive a scion xB. Next car will probably be a Subaru.

my dad's subaru is like his third child haha

Haha, awesome!

So Jedd, I think the general consensus is that, whichever car you end up getting, it needs to have a name. :P

A car has to have a name, because a car has a personality. For example, Sammy (2 cars ago) was named after a kid that I had during student teaching who I absolutely couldn't stand. I was tired of getting hand me down old cars and just wanted to get a new one, once and for all. So I thought Sammy would be an appropriate name for a car that I really didn't want but dealt with because at the time I had no choice.