Paramore sued for ripping off song?

kasiek

This happens every time a band has a huge hit single... some band that's bummed that they'll never be that successful comes out of nowhere and says, "Hey we have a song that kind of, sort of, almost sounds like that song! We're gonna sue!" So they have the same chord progression. Great, so do thousands of other songs. I hear songs that remind me of other songs all the time. In fact, The Only Exception has always reminded me of a Coldplay song. Does this mean Coldplay can sue Tenspoke Indies because, apparently, it's their song, not Paramore's. *facepalm*

And the whole thing about them sending their demo to FBR in 2006... do you know how many demos FBR gets every day and how many of them get thrown out without ever being listened to? :P

Maybe some keys are the same, but still it's not song stealing?

And i think many people don't even know who those people are, they are just jealouse about Paramore populairty?

And why are they saying it now? BNE is a year a ago released, and now the only exception is a succes?

They are claiming, 'it's stolen' ...

Nonsense. Really all ive got to say on this matter.

likewise. i'm not gonna bother listening to this random shit band in order to compare the tracks, but without even doing that i can say that the cord progression/melody in TOE is pretty simple so it'll be easy for it to sounds alike with a lot of things.

likewise. i'm not gonna bother listening to this random shit band in order to compare the tracks, but without even doing that i can say that the cord progression/melody in TOE is pretty simple so it'll be easy for it to sounds alike with a lot of things.

Good choice. I listened out of morbid curiosity and I can confirm that the elevenspoke song, or whatever the fuck their name is, totally sucks and isn't even remotely similar to TOE. If anything, Paramore should sue them for slander.

I don't really see any hints of it at all. But then again, there's a finite number of chord combinations that don't sound like crap when played together, so there's bound to be, with all the millions upon millions of songs ever written and performed, some sort of repetition.

If I write and perform a smash hit employing the combination of an A, D and E chord and someone else writes and performs a song that sucks ass and employs the combination of an A, D and G chord, do they have the right to sue me because we used two of the same chords?

I'm not bashing so much as making a point. I got the bashing out of my system a while ago. Plenty of songs use the same chords and chord progressions. If we're going to accuse one band of ripping off another band, let's sue the Beatles, or the Rolling Stones, or REM, or you name it let's sue them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...