UK Tour Diary - PF Style

RenegadeRoss

Transcript for the interview

*Paramore's UK Tour brought to you by Paramorefans.com*

DJ - I'm actually quite fascinated by what you do. Basically tell me about the website that you help run.

Ross - Alright, well Paramorefans.com is the biggest running fans website on the internet. If you actually search Paramore into google it's the fourth top result that comes up so that just shows how many users we have on it. It's nearly reached ten thousand members on it, it's been running for about four years and it's doing pretty well.

DJ - That's fantastic, i knew the minute i searched it into google and it came right up on the screen i was like "That's cool, they must have a massive following". Where did it all start with you in regards to Paramore?

Ross - About four years ago i was getting into alot of similar bands at that time and one of my friends sent me their first and second single which was Pressure and Emergency and i just thought 'wow'. It was just something different cause it was a rock band with a female singer, something totally unique at that time because no other band done that.

DJ - What kind of work do you do for the website? Do you follow the band? Do you write articles about them? What's your position for the website?

Ross - Basically we keep the fans who log on every day up to date with news. We do have people who are in contact with the band quite alot. They've did interviews for us before and i know Hayley (Williams) checks the site regularly. So it's really just an outlet for the fans to find out whats going on with the band.

DJ - I think it's absolutely fantastic, i mean if you have a look at the website (paramorefans.com) you've got people practically all over the world helping out. So how do you keep in contact?

Ross - We use social networks and private messaging, It's pretty good we've got people from all over the world, a couple of people from Europe and a couple of people from America, as it shows the whole world is involved in it.

DJ - What does Paramore mean to you? You bring alot of information to the fans, so to you personally what do paramore mean?

Ross - Paramore are probably a passion, It's probably one of my very few passions that i have in life. I listen to them and they just make me happy. The band are a similar age to the fans who listen to them, I'm 22 nearly the same age as Hayley Williams and the band write about things that you're going through at the exact same time that they're going through it.

DJ - Have you had much response from people? Saying 'the website's brilliant' or 'they really enjoy it', how have people reacted to your website?

Ross - We get loads a day, e-mails trying to get in contact with the band. There's only so much we can do because the more popular they get, the more people want things. We try our best to get maybe a couple of questions to the band to answer but with a busy schedule it's hard these days.

DJ - So, if the band brings out a brand new album what would you do on your website to get the best publicity for them?

Ross - We just promote it as much as we possibly can, We put it out there about what the tracklisting would be, when it's out, where you can buy it from. Just basically let people know as much as possible about the new album.

DJ - There's massive dedication there isnt there, because you dont get paid for this do you?

Ross - No it's voluntary, It's just a passion, i find that it's something that i love doing and i wouldnt change it for the world.

DJ - Do you have a day job?

Ross - I do, yes. I work in a supermarket doing about... 45 hours a week. So that's why it's really good to have American people and British people so that when one person is busy, There'll always be someone else on there just kinda over-seeing things.

DJ - Also, you're on twitter arnt you? You tweet quite alot.

Ross - I am, yes. It's got quite mad lately. A couple of weeks ago i only had like 30 followers, but now people have found out about my tour diary it's exceeded 500 people.

DJ - Well that's pretty impressive! Do you think social networking helps a band?

Ross - I think it does definitely. Alot of bands use myspace these days to promote their band out. They also use facebook and then twitter and it makes it a place for the fans to connect to the band as well so i think it does really help them.

DJ - That's fantastic, listen we will keep in touch because they're doing some amazing gigs throughout November. I see that they're heading to Dublin tomorrow night and they're going to be in Newcastle on November the 18th which im sure everyone here in the North-East is excited about. So you will be keeping everyone up to date about that no doubt?

Ross - I will indeed, totally.