Tailschao

Links at bottom of post.

Info File:

---------------------------------------------------------

Paramore

16th November 2010

LG Arena, Birmingham, England

Complete Audience Audio Recording

MP3 CBR 192Kbit/Sec, 16Bit 44.1Khz, Stereo.

Lineage.....: Church Audio CA-11 Cardioid Microphones > Church Audio ST-9100 Pre-Amp > Zoom H2 (24/48) > Adobe Audition 3 > CDWav > Traders Little Helper

Complete Audience tape. Not the best AUD tape I've ever done, but god knows it ain't anywhere near the worst either.

Biggest problem is a bunch of 4 annoying teenybopper girls directly to my right. Screaming and shrieking and clapping louder than you'd think possible. When the nearest girl starts to sing she basically drowns out Hayley. Fail. Note: I'm not actually complaining about her, I mean she was just enjoying herself, just a bit annoying from a taping perspective ;-)

I was off on the left side, and there weren't any speaker stacks pointing at us. Big main stack pointing forwards and the smaller stacks pointing 90 degrees off each side of the stage, but I was 45 degrees inbetween each of them. So I just pointed my hat torwards the stage and hoped for the best. As a result it's not as clear as it could be. Low end is a bit muddy. Vocals a bit quiet.

There's also some phasing issues in a few places. I was video taping too so I would occasionally move my head around to check for security. I tried to limit it to between songs so as to not mess up the audio too much. There's not too much. Only a second or two per song on average.

Overall it sound pretty nice. I'm sitting here trying to write this having to actively stop myself from headbanging to Misery Business, so while it may not be flawless on a technical level it's a good representation of what it was like at the show.

As I mentioned, I was also video taping. That will be made into a DVD and 720p MKV file, will take a while probably. A month or so.

And as I said in the IEM info, I actually really enjoyed the show. Paramore are a bit of a guilty pleasure for me, and to be honest I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. Especially as I was glued to my spot with a video camera in my eye, antenna poking out my shirt and more wires than I care to shake a stick at dangling down around me. But pretty awesome. A bit short. Not, like, really short, but 85mins is at least an hour too short for any concert IMO.

Tracklist:

1. Intro

2. Ignorance

3. Feeling Sorry

4. That's What You Get

5. For a Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic

6. Emergency

7. Playing God

8. Decode

9. Never Let This Go

10. When It Rains

11. Where The Lines Overlap