New Holiday Theme

Chriss

Cogeco cable, I don't think it's my internet service provider as everything else works fine, even things like video, games etc that need a bit of a higher transfer speed. There's one other site that has the snow on as well and it does the same thing. I'm thinking maybe it's a program issue, that maybe something needs to be updated, but I've updated everything I can think of recently. I was hoping that each individual member had an option of turning it off.

Dustin says it's the Java script, so check to see if your Java is updated. He also wants to know how old your computer is cause that might have something to do with it.

If that doesn't work, he said he can take it off one of the skins so you can use that until the season's over.

I completely unistalled Java and reinstalled it with the latest version/updates, didn't work. My computer is a bit older, but I keep it updated regularly. I looked it up online to see if this was a comon problem, it seems a few other people have the same problem when using Firefox, which I use. It seems to work fine in IE, so I'll just use IE when coming on this site until the season's over and the snow feature is removed, then I'll go back to using Firefox.

No need to go through the trouble of removing it from one of the skins, now that I know it works in IE I have no problem using that until the season's over. Thanks for the offer though Dustin, I appreciate it. And thanks to the others who helped as well.

How much RAM does your computer have? If yOu have 2GB or fewer, it might be too low for standards. Also check if you have a lot of programs running at the same time or have a lot of tabs open at once. It works fine for me on all browsers but my computer is regularly updated.

I can take it down if it's causing problems. It was easy to put in place so I don't mind removing it.

Much less than 2GB. I've been meaning to buy a new computer for a while now, but I keep putting it off. As long as my computer kept running well enough to perform the tasks I need it for, I just couldn't bring myself to part with the money for a new one. I guess it's getting close to that time. I would just buy more RAM for it, but there's a few other things I've been meaning to buy for it anyways, so may as well just get a whole new system. It's about time anyways.

And thanks for the offer, but no need to remove it from one of the skins. Like I said, I don't mind using IE for a while on this site.

It's still snowing because the snow is not something I put just on the holiday skin (Winter isn't a holiday). But if enough people don't want the snow I can take it off. It's not up to me, though. Majority rule.

• 1 month later...