Ross' Official UK Tour Diary 2010

RenegadeRoss

Right so its 4 weeks since i left for Paramore so im gonna start writing up my tour diary.

I'm gonna put something up every day for you guys, kinda like a late starting advent calengar.

This diary involves, laughter, a little tears, illness, LOTS of money, and LOTS of people. So let the fun commence.

Day 1 - Sunday 7th November

I left my home town of Motherwell,Scotland with the dryest it has been in a long time. Which was just typical as yesterday i went to work and got soaked with rain. My seat on the train is right next to a window and for the most part i had the sun shining right into my face. Annoying, to say the least since my train journey was for 6 hours.

On the way down, the train stopped at Newcastle and i saw the Metro Arena where i would be seeing Paramore in 11 days. It was good to see it was right next to the train station, so there wouldnt be any difficulties getting there. I forgot water and cola for the train and i refused to pay train prices, so to say i was thirsty was an understatement.

I finally arrived in Nottingham and i met Laura who i hadnt seen since Paramore played the Islington Academy in London in September 09. She would be spending the week with me. I checked into my hotel and headed to the pub where i had dinner and drinks and then about 11pm i retired to my hotel because i was knackered. Only the plan of going to bed didnt quiet work out. I turned on TV and was met with a program about Nottingham's gangs. What a great thing to find out about in the city you are currently visiting...

I eventually did go to bed with an exciting day ahead. Tomorrow, i'd be meeting Paramore for the first time and also seeing them for the first time on this tour.

The view from my hotel in Nottingham - hotelnottingham.jpg

Day 2 - Monday 8th November - Part 1

i awake to a wet Nottingham but nothing could dampen my mood for this day.

I met Laura at 12pm and we went to the tourist centre as we have a brilliant idea. We decided to buy the full band Robin Hood hats.148594_10150101041870993_718105992_7670313_7864038_n.jpg

We then head to the arena and already some people are queuing up - Some with sleeping bags which suggested overnight camping!

We deicded we'd ask if the meet and greet people had to queue and we were informed we didnt have to as we would get into the arena 5 minutes early. On our way back to my hotel we spot the tour bus! It had taken a wrong turning up a narrow street.

The time came to half 5 for the meet and greet so we stood inside the arena and got asked to stand in a single line as they tick our names off the list. We headed downstairs and were lead backstage. I didnt realise just how massive some arena's were beneath the stage. B.O.B walked past and said hello o us as we waited for Paramore. I felt really nervous now, i could see them through the double doors. Suddenly the doors opened and Paramore walked through. Josh extended his hand out to me as he waked past and i gave it a slap. It was a sign of things to come between Josh and I!

The band made their way down the line individually and first to greet me was Zac, who i could tell was shy, but was still talkative. He put on my MFC wristband and said thankyou and that it was amazing id traveled 6 hours to see them. He put his robin hood hat on as well.

Next up was Josh and he was really talkative to me. He loved my accent and was overjoyed with the Robin Hood hat. He wore his for the rest of the meet and greet. Up next was Taylor who loved the Robin Hood hat and asked where we got it from. Next up i was more nervous than the others as it was Hayley. My stomach was turning as our eyes met and she said Hi. I spoke to her about PF and she said she loves the site. She also loved the scarf i gave her as it reminded her of Harry Potter. She also put on the MFC wristband. Then it was Jeremy who loved the Robin Hood hat and immediately put it on. We discussed in detail about Robin Hood and he agreed he was real.

So we waited for the band to go down the line and then Josh suddenly came back up and started speaking to me again. He told me he had a friend back home called William Wallace and put on an awesome Scottish accent. I felt he really appreciated and liked how normal i was being. As i knew he hated the whole making a fuss thing. He said he wished he was Scottish so we agreed that i would be Scottish for him.

It was time for Photo's and my turn was next. As i walked up Hayley said hey and Josh shouted "For Scotland!" so me and Hayley did Braveheart style poses. She asked if i had any more meet and greets but i sadly didnt. As i walked away i said my thankyou's and then Zac stopped and asked if he could take a photo of my t-shirt. It had a slice of cheese on it and said "I'm more mature than you"

149792_10150101139940993_718105992_7672194_2176690_n.jpg

Tomorrow - The show!

Monday 8th November - Day 2: Part 2

So we got led back upstairs and into the arena before everybody else. It was amazing to be at the barrier. The feeling of being right at the front was just so awesome!

The first band on were unknown to me, They were called Fun. I must admit my first impression was "what on earth.." but they did grow on me as the tour went on. They were a very happy cheery band, i could see why they would be picked as first support act. Next up was B.O.B, who at this stage i only knew 'Airplanes' and 'Nothin On You'. I was blown away though, he was amazing. He did a cover of 'Kids' by MGMT too which was really impressive. He gained a new fan in me. Hayley came out for Airplanes and the Arena erupted. She pointed at us meet and greet people when she came out on stage too. It was awesome to hear that live, i must admit. Next up - Paramore!

Well, after waiting for felt like hours, the lights went off and the arena went into Darkness. It was time! The arena screamed and raised the roof when Paramore's into started. Big shadow's of them appeared from behind a curtain and then it dropped as they burst into 'Ignorance'. After this song, Jeremy threw his pick into the crowd and Laura caught it! They then burst into 'Feeling Sorry' and at one point during the song, just before the last chorus, the whole band stopped and Hayley just stood there with all the spotlights shining on her. It was actually spine-tingling. You could tell they had worked so hard in putting this show together. Hayley then spoke and they then burst into the final chorus. Next was "That's What You Get" and at the end Jeremy chucked his pick into the crowd which Laura got again but kindly gave it to me. They burst through song after song which im sure you dont need me to tell you what they sang all through the night. The Unplugged section was really good, The Pressure flip was phenomenal, The Only Exception was beautiful.

They dissapeared and came back on for BBBB, and as they appeared on stage i suddenly realised Taylor was wearing his Robin Hood hat on stage! Me and Laura were excited by this! BBBB and Misery Business was such a blur for me. It was just breath-taking. It was an oustanding first show of the tour for me, and i suddenly wondered if ANY of the reamining 5 shows would beat that. Laura and i made our way outside and made our ways home. Well, hotel for me. I was so thirsty i got ben and jerrys ice cream and 4 cans of coke. They were all gone within an hour!

As i sat in my hotel room thinking about the days event, i must admit to getting a little watery eyed. This was the sort of day i had waited for for so long. It meant so much to me. I finally got the chance to meet my favourite band, a band i had so much passion for, coupled with Hayley pointing at us and then Taylor wearing the Robin Hood hat on stage. Personally, it was an amazing day. One i'll never ever forget.

Tomorrow - Day 2 - The photo's and videos.