Is Hayley a Veg??

maggie_arg

She does eat veggie burgers and veggie chicken nuggets, but it's just cause she likes them, not cause she's not a vegetarian.

Also, the Animal Style burger from In-N-Out Burger is just a way to order a specifically prepared burger: "Animal Style burgers include pickles, extra spread, grilled onions, and mustard fried onto each meat patty." All she said is she doesn't order her burger like that. She still gets regular burgers there... who wouldn't?

Oh man, now I want a Double-Double with pickles. :P

What exactly does mustard grilled mean, or rather how does that change the hamburger? Also, I didn't know you could get pickles on an In-N-Out burger until after I left Cali cause Sabz told me they didn't have pickles there. BUMMER! lol

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I guess we can assume she's now trying to eat vegetarian/vegan food (LJ post) but idk if she's doing it only because she likes it or because sh'es trying to live this way.. i mean, I heard something about that some time ago, but I can't remember :(

I mean I LOVE vegetarian and vegan food even if I will still eat meat and I know I can't live without meat. I mean I can live without it, but I'm not strong enough to refuse my wants, and If somebody gave me some nice piece of chuck I wouldn't say no :P

veggie food is gr8.

I will say veggie dogs sound the most appealing, mainly cause who knows what even goes into real hot dogs, but I could never give up burgers. lol

And this is what Hayley said on LJ last night when someone asked her how the vegetarian thing was going:

"i don't know that i'll stick to it forever yet... but i know it feels great and i enjoy cooking veggie dishes."

I will say veggie dogs sound the most appealing, mainly cause who knows what even goes into real hot dogs, but I could never give up burgers. lol

I've tried a few different veggie meat substitutes, hot dogs, sausages, bugers etc. I haven't liked any of them so far except veggie burgers from Harvey's. Only the ones from Harvey's though, I've tried other veggie burgers and don't like them at all.

• 2 years later...

been vegan for two and a half years now

it's genuinely not hard if you take the time to know what you're doing and you're committed to the reasons you're doing it

cravings go away too

i've reduced a ton of stuff incredibly, but not completely cut out.

i have low-fat plain yogurt, and some cheese, but i don't have eggs, milk or butter. i have almond milk instead (tastes great and has more minerals/vitamins anyway). and i eat chicken once a week. other than that, no other meat really.

i've also reduced my sugar, carbs, sodium and caffeine and increased my protein and fiber, and i take a multivitamin. this has made me lose about 8lbs of weight and my monthly cycle is now not destructive anymore (thank you Advil). i am feeling so much better. :)

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

She doesn't call herself a vegetarian or a vegan. She eats meat and dairy on occasion she just happens to like eating vegan/vegetarian foods.

Fair enough. :)

I am a meat and dairy consumer though eating a vegetarian or vegan meal doesn't bother me. I don't understand people who throw their arms up at the prospect of eating a vegetarian or vegan meal if presented with one. For example, if I ate at a vegetarian or vegan friend's house, not eating meat or dairy for a couple of days wouldn't bother me.