Josh and Zac have officially left Paramore.

Erin

It's a major bummer to hear, but I'm actually not that surprised. Josh and Zac just never seemed like they did well with the constant touring and the whole being well-known once Paramore got bigger, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's not for everyone. I know they'll still keep making music, just more on a local level. I'll definitely miss them though, and I wish them the best of luck.

I'm also interested in what Paramore with just Jeremy, Hayley, and Taylor will bring. I know a lot of people are scared since Josh wrote the bulk of the music, but don't forget that Taylor wrote or contributed to songs like All I Wanted, Conspiracy, Stop This Song, and That's What You Get. 2011 will be a new beginning and an interesting year.

What?!

Seriously, what?! Never saw this coming in a million years. :willy_nilly:

Well of course it's a huge bummer for everyone involved, but like many of the others have said, it probably was for the best, rather than then trying to keep going as they were and making it worse. Either way, I wish both Josh and Zac the best for the future, and for the rest of Paramore of course.

:)

I bet whoever made the fake Tumblr post is feeling weird right about now. I talked to Brent, and as a friend of the band, he's known this was coming, but that Tumblr post was still completely fake. Very strange.

it hasn't been the same for years

i guess you're right. i agree. but i guess now that it's official it's all starting to hit. i guess i was kind of in denial about the whole thing, even though it was obvious, until now

it hasn't been the same for years

EXACTLY. Oh my god.

My friend who has listened to them for about a year got totally offended when I said that too.

Watching this band for the past 5+ years, you realize how downhill it was going.

Sucks cause I can barely stand Hayley and I never really liked Taylor, only Jeremy is left :(

I guess I'm missing something here... I'm completely shocked right now :( Can someone fill me in?! Were the guys not happy? or was there a specific a event that turned them off?

they just weren't happy

Should we call it a really weird coincident ???

Or the post wasn't fake at all just snatched and posted before they wanted to announce that.

blogs are home for trolls so it was probably just a poorly time coincidence. anyone could have seen this all coming.

fuuuuuuck. It's not really a shock, but it is a shock, if you know what i mean. You could see that they had lost a lot of enthusiasm for what they were doing in their live performances, but on their last tour they really looked like they were enjoying it a lot more.

It's been said, it's not been the same for a couple of years, but this still really sucks, it's like the end of an era.

Josh was recently married as we all know. He wants to start a family, simple as that.

Zac grew up without a family. Don't give me that "paramore is his family" crap because everyone needs a REAL family. BLOOD family. He only had his brother. His little sister doesn't even know him and you could see it for a few years that we was gradually getting sadder and sadder.