Josh and Zac have officially left Paramore.

Erin

Their music shaped me, and has been a huge part of my life for the last three years, no matter how cheesy that sounds, it's the truth. This won't change that. They still made that music, and put their hearts into it.

thisthisthis and this.

took the words right out of my mouth guro! hahah

you're so lucky you've met them!

I refuse to take sides, because everyone is pointing fingers. Josh & Zac wrote from their perspective, and they didn't pull any punches. They possibly do feel bitter. Hayley, Jeremy and Taylor wrote from their perspective, except in a more positive way. If the Farros felt as though they weren't happy, then they have every right to leave the band... 7 years of building tension, that reached breaking point a few times... this was possibly the final straw. While I think their statement was a bit catty, and possibly slightly childish, they said what they wanted to say. I still like Paramore, I still like their music, and they've given me so many good memories of things like going to see them play/meeting them, and I'm just grateful for that. I'm looking forward to what Hayley, Jeremy and Taylor do, but I'm also looking forward to what Josh and Zac do.

I think on several points, you've come to a self made conclusion that the Farros are taking pops or being abusive to Hayley, whereas nothing of the sort is happening. Several people in this topic have made the same mistake too. Also, take note that all that was said in the statement was Josh's opinion.

Of course I've come to a self made conclusion, just like you've come to a self made conclusion that they weren't taking pops at Hayley. The truth is we may never know how they really meant it, all we can do is read what they said and draw our own conclusions about what they meant based on that. To me the entire thing has an anti Hayley slant to it. Like they are blaming her, her family, her management, the way the label treated her in comparison to the rest etc for the problems in the band. Even in the opening statement "Let me start by apologizing to you for the way everything went down on Saturday. I had a statement typed ready to post to you guys but Hayley released one without my permission. We were not going to issue a statement until we worked out our exit agreement with Hayley." they are blaming Hayley for releasing a statement before they were ready.

I'm not going to take the time to respond to each point because it seems like we just interpret the intent behind Josh's statement differently and there's no way to prove which of us if either is correct. I will say though, you commented that I am in Hayley's corner. To tell you the truth I am in no ones corner. I just call it as I see it. I will admit though that Hayley is my favorite member of the group, followed by Jeremy, then Taylor, then Zac and lastly Josh. That may seem like a pretty big coincidence considering the current circumstances, but that just the way it is. And believe me, that has nothing to do with this statement or even with Josh and Zac leaving. I think it has to do with the fact that Hayley, Jeremy and Taylor have always been the three that to me seemed to enjoy what they were doing, and Josh and Zac didn't seem to want to be there. Which given what has happened was obviously the case. But because of that I always like Hayley, Jeremy and Taylor more, although I did still like the other two.

this. i am in no way blaming hayley but so many people are only hating on josh just because he may be telling how it really was (IN IS EYES) and no one wants to believe hayley be like that

i just think it was the music industry pulling her in different ways and she didnt want to let go of the band so it made it SEEM like she was trying to ditch them... if you get what im saying

No one wants to believe Hayley to be like what? Even if everything Josh said is true, which I have no reason to believe it isn't, Hayley did nothing wrong. In fact, like you stated, she didn't want to get rid of the band and fought to keep the band instead of going solo.

No one wants to believe Hayley to be like what? Even if everything Josh said is true, which I have no reason to believe it isn't, Hayley did nothing wrong. In fact, like you stated, she didn't want to get rid of the band and fought to keep the band instead of going solo.

i'm not saying she did anything wrong

what i mean when i say that is alot of people (not necessarily here) don't want to believe hayley was/is the center of the band because as much as shes tried not to be but she is by the public and media. so some people are like 'oh she'd never let that happen' because of the whole 'paramore is a band' thing but obviously she still was center of attention and even though it may not be her fault it still obviously hurt josh and zac

if that makes any sense

i'm not saying she did anything wrong

what i mean when i say that is alot of people (not necessarily here) don't want to believe hayley was/is the center of the band because as much as shes tried not to be but she is by the public and media. so some people are like 'oh she'd never let that happen' because of the whole 'paramore is a band' thing but obviously she still was center of attention and even though it may not be her fault it still obviously hurt josh and zac

if that makes any sense

I agree, people need to accept that, like it or not, Hayley will be the centre of attention. She fronts the band, so that's one thing, but also she's a woman, so she stands out from the other members. The media will focus on her... we've seen this type of thing before. No Doubt, anyone? Blondie? It happens.

Of course I've come to a self made conclusion, just like you've come to a self made conclusion that they weren't taking pops at Hayley. The truth is we may never know how they really meant it, all we can do is read what they said and draw our own conclusions about what they meant based on that. To me the entire thing has an anti Hayley slant to it. Like they are blaming her, her family, her management, the way the label treated her in comparison to the rest etc for the problems in the band. Even in the opening statement "Let me start by apologizing to you for the way everything went down on Saturday. I had a statement typed ready to post to you guys but Hayley released one without my permission. We were not going to issue a statement until we worked out our exit agreement with Hayley." they are blaming Hayley for releasing a statement before they were ready.

I'm not going to take the time to respond to each point because it seems like we just interpret the intent behind Josh's statement differently and there's no way to prove which of us if either is correct. I will say though, you commented that I am in Hayley's corner. To tell you the truth I am in no ones corner. I just call it as I see it. I will admit though that Hayley is my favorite member of the group, followed by Jeremy, then Taylor, then Zac and lastly Josh. That may seem like a pretty big coincidence considering the current circumstances, but that just the way it is. And believe me, that has nothing to do with this statement or even with Josh and Zac leaving. I think it has to do with the fact that Hayley, Jeremy and Taylor have always been the three that to me seemed to enjoy what they were doing, and Josh and Zac didn't seem to want to be there. Which given what has happened was obviously the case. But because of that I always like Hayley, Jeremy and Taylor more, although I did still like the other two.

I typed up a big reply, but then realised that it sounded quite petty and it probably wont change your opinion. I will however, post what I started the reply with.

I'm drawing my conclusion by reading what's written down. You're drawing your conclusion by reading what's not written down.

I agree, people need to accept that, like it or not, Hayley will be the centre of attention. She fronts the band, so that's one thing, but also she's a woman, so she stands out from the other members. The media will focus on her... we've seen this type of thing before. No Doubt, anyone? Blondie? It happens.

i agree.

they just weren't okay, with the band being focused on Hayley, you cant blame them. Since Taylor and Jeremy stayed, they must be fine with it.

Kayla like the sig. Versaemerge is a cool band, found out about them a few months ago and got their album when it came out.

also, am i the only one who finds it a tad suspicious that, other than hayley, paramore members drop like flies?

taylor was left behind for years, jeremy walked and apparently was kicked out later, hunter left, jason left, josh and zac left

not much of a band if hayley is the only one who actually sticks around and gets any attention

she's basically avril lavigne except instead of admitting she's a singer with a backup band she pretends to hate that shit and constantly tries to remind people that 'paramore is a band'

paramore is a band, but it's hayley's band

end of

Thank fuck for Josh! What's this about people thinking he's being bitchy? He could have said a lot worse than that.

I'm not surprised by his blog entry, I'm not even upset. I feel like I've wasted three years on this band, but oh well, I still like AWKIF and Riot!.

This just makes BNE seem faker than Katie Price's breasts, though.

This

also, am i the only one who finds it a tad suspicious that, other than hayley, paramore members drop like flies?

taylor was left behind for years, jeremy walked and apparently was kicked out later, hunter left, jason left, josh and zac left

not much of a band if hayley is the only one who actually sticks around and gets any attention

she's basically avril lavigne except instead of admitting she's a singer with a backup band she pretends to hate that shit and constantly tries to remind people that 'paramore is a band'

paramore is a band, but it's hayley's band

end of

i absolutely agree.

she is the only one that the industry (and frankly, herself) cares about.

and i think she lieks it that way.

and as i said before, i will never listen to paramore again if this album becomes what i think it will.

pretty much BNE part two. it's going to be "see? I AM the victim! They left because they couldn't handle that I am MYSELF and an OUTCAST! They didn't want to be my friend because I acting like myself." Frankly, I feel like this new album is going to sound like what paramore has become, a Hayley Williams Solo and she will keep going through members and squeezing out ever ounce of attention she can get.

I'm very upset and confused by all of this... I hope that this all works out in the end and that there's no bitter feelings among them. It must be hard for Hayley, Josh, Zac, all of them.

I think that the last thing we need to be doing right now is taking sides or fight amongst ourselves. We should keep an open mind throughout this situation and support every one of them. That's how I feel anyway.

I think Josh and Zac had every right to post that statement ,it's their thoughts on whats been going on and we asked for an explanation on why they left and we got one.

Sure it was kind of bitter but at least it's honest and real. I feel like that statement from Taylor,Jeremy and Hayley was way too simple,like some of you already said it was just like " well,Josh and Zac left but we're still gonna keep going" I actually hope they post another I'd love to hear their side of what Josh and Zac wrote.

I still like the band and Hayley, but I agree with Erin's last post. Hayley is what 22 now?? If the label was trying to make the band all about her, and if she truly cared about the band, she could have told the label to stop just focusing on her. She could have said, we are a band, so treat us like a band and not just focus on me.

Wait...you honestly think one little girl could turn around a whole marketing campaign? lol

no I didn't mean she could turn it around herself, just try to get the label to include the whole band or something.According to Josh, they made the band for Hayley. Well if they wanted to just focus on Hayley, then they should have marketed her as a solo artist with a band instead of creating "Paramore"

I can only applaud Josh for that blog post.

He said what he needed to say in grace and class.

Can we all just agree to disagree on this entire topic of Josh's blog post alone and agree on the fact that with or without knowing about the personal disputes within the band, we have all enjoyed and connected to the music itself.

Paramore will still have those songs that pulled you through those really bad days and those songs you can't help but dance along to.

I'd hate to be cheesy and corny and shit rainbows in the post even more, but to be quite honest, bandmates are only temporary. The music is permanent.

I don't see how anyone can really side with the band at all over this. Atleast not yet. Hayley needs to release a "human" statement talking and addressing what Josh brought up. Remind the fans that they still all wrote music together, and love the fans. The fact is that she seems to be hiding from it, and even their reps saying the blog was fake is just pathetic. If the band controls their own fate than they can release any kind of statement they want, and not some record company robotic message. Josh is atleast responding/chatting to fans now, and answering their questions. I expect the same of the remaining members. I've been with this band since the release of "AWKIF" and this whole situation ticks me off. I know Josh & Zac are angry too, but everyone will get over it in time. For right now, the band just needs to not lie to us, and sugar coat things. Im sure a few of you care more about the look/status of this band than care about the music, but for most of us that believed this was a genuine band.....we were wrong.

This isn't to say that all the members aren't talented, deserve the best, and deserve to be happy. You don't have to agree with me at all, but Paramore is dead. What they were, who they are, what they stand for is gone. That is simply what came from all of this.

• Like 1