Josh and Zac have officially left Paramore.

Erin

i love everyone that you say about everything. (that sounds totally creepy lol, just saying that I pretty must agree with everything you say)

i simply want a REAL announcement from Hayley, Jeremy and Taylor.

You know what, I like their enthusiasm, but there "the beat goes on" tumblr post and the "let's get #HayleyJeremyandTaylor trending" thing is so immature of them. Makes them seem like they don't even care that Zac and Josh left. I'm not saying they should be crying in ever twitter update, but they haven't shown ANY signs of remorse. I know people say "famous people keep their emotions private from the public." but as I said before, Paramore refers to their fans as their "family"... so why can't they even post a real, sincere response to Zac and Josh's departure?

okay seriously who the fuck is going to buy that his video was deleted because of 'sexual content'

if you want people to buy your cover up at least make it believable :P

Oh my god. I know why it was blocked. His youtube was HACKED. Of course....

lol you two make me laugh. we prob wont get a real statement from the 3 cause the label will tell them what to say.

The statement didn't shock me much. A lot of people are taking sides and I don't see the point. A lot of these issues between Josh & Zac and the band were old problems. Which is my only question after reading the Farros statement is why did they wait this long to leave the band if everything was falling apart for years? My only reasoning for this is that they decided to leave now while they have finished touring and on their "break" for 2011. At least we got the truth and an explaination. Usually bands keep everything confidentional at times and say they still respect the person who left and will remain friends and give their best wishes.

I also was hoping for a longer video response from Josh. And thank the fans or something. Maybe he'll do this when everything settles down.

He left the band a couple of months ago, he decided he wanted to leave before that, he first thought about leaving near enough three years ago now. Any emotion he had about leaving is probably long spent. These past couple of days have probably been quite a relief to the man in all honesty.

+1

I'm worried about something. The label and management seem like they will do anything to succeed, I hope they dont tell Hayley and the others to do things to get back and Josh for his statement. If they try anything, I hope Hayley is smart enough to say no and not go along with anything. I still think shes a good person that just got caught up in wanting to be famous. Shes still talented and a great singer.

I'm gonna walk away from this thread , all this business stuff and he said that, she did that is really starting to bore me...

I don't care that they were manufactured and lied about it, everyone who is making in the business had to lie or betray someone, it's sad but it's the truth...

What matters at the end of the day for me is the music, their passion, their lyrics and the music is real, Hayley might not be perfect but she truly loves the band and wants what's best for it...

Can"t wait to see the next chapter

From Josh's post: "Before recording our next record, we kicked out Jeremy for his lack of work ethic and participation in things that Zac, Hayley and I didn’t agree with. At this point it was just the three of us to record Riot. Once the record was done, we needed a bassist and another guitarist."

If Jeremy was kicked out before recording of riot, who played the bass on it? And what about Jeremy being on the making of riot? I'm confused.

I'm worried about something. The label and management seem like they will do anything to succeed, I hope they dont tell Hayley and the others to do things to get back and Josh for his statement. If they try anything, I hope Hayley is smart enough to say no and not go along with anything. I still think shes a good person that just got caught up in wanting to be famous. Shes still talented and a great singer.

That's actually the last thing they'll tell them to do. It doesn't even make sense. They'd want to keep Paramore fans, thus keep making $$$, so what kind of a ridiculous statement would that be? It's exactly why Hayley, Taylor and Jeremy are moving on and talking about the future instead of continuing on with talking about how Josh and Zac left.

And at this point, I'm sick of hearing about it too. It's just going to keep making us all dwell on the past, etc etc. It's honestly time to move on.

From Josh's post: "Before recording our next record, we kicked out Jeremy for his lack of work ethic and participation in things that Zac, Hayley and I didn’t agree with. At this point it was just the three of us to record Riot. Once the record was done, we needed a bassist and another guitarist."

If Jeremy was kicked out before recording of riot, who played the bass on it? And what about Jeremy being on the making of riot? I'm confused.

A session bassist, like on AWKIF.

yeah i thought that was a little weird because i am 95% sure jeremy was there to record riot. i remember seeing videos... like from the last song you'll ever sing contest

example:

yes please

things went downhill after 2007

Agreed.

Why is it that so many people seem to think they are owed every little detail of what happened to the band? They gave a statement telling you Josh and Zac left the band and that the band is not breaking up. Not enough "emotion" or information for you? To damn bad. They may be a band in the public eye, but what went on between them is sill their private business, why should they be forced to tell the world their private business? Because we bought a few CDs a couple posters or tour tickets? Give me a break. If they say anything more, consider yourselves lucky, but that is their personal lives and if they don't feel like talking about it in public, then they shouldn't feel they have to. They owe us their careers in that it's us buying their music/merch that makes it possible for them to make a living doing what they're doing, but that doesn't mean they have the obligation to tell us all their behind the scenes relationships any more than it means they have the obligation to let us go snooping through their houses/e-mails/other personal items. Even though they have put themselves in the public eye, they are still entitled to their privacy.

The main problem with this whole situation is that being a manufactured band is not popular (well in a pedantic way it is, but not with the general Paramore fanbase - 'rock music fans') and I know Paramore Haters are enjoying the current situation. It damages their reputation. And there are a lot of people (mainly girls) who don't want to believe what has come out the past few days and so want an alternative side of "what happened" - a post similar to what Josh posted.

Obviously Hayley doesn't need to make that type of post, and judging her past record she won't make one either. The closest people will get is that "hoax" tumblr post.

i don't think they were exactly 'manufactured' i mean yeah the label pulled them all around a bit but all of them met on their own and formed the band on their own it's not like the label was like 'here is a girl lets give her 4 random people to make a band for her'

i don't think they were exactly 'manufactured' i mean yeah the label pulled them all around a bit but all of them met on their own and formed the band on their own it's not like the label was like 'here is a girl lets give her 4 random people to make a band for her'

Exactly. I feel like people think that just because the label signed the contract with Hayley and signed the guys to a different contract that the band was created, which is not the case since they'd been playing together well before that.

Lots of people would be surprised to know that in the case of most of the bands they listen to, only one or two of the members are actually on the recording contract. Bassists, drummers, and rhythm guitarists (unless they are also singers) are rarely included. It doesn't mean they were manufactured. It just makes the legality of signing a band less complicated.

Wasn't that the gist of what Josh's post said happened? The label ignored the guys at first and didn't want them, then after AWKIF tried to get rid of them?

Personally none of this really bothers me at all. If I still cared about Paramore I'd probably feel cheated, but I slowly went off them musically and how they came across publicly from Riot onwards, and I gave up on them when BNE came out. What bothers me most is when people lack common sense about the current situation, and cannot say (or bear to hear/read) the tiniest bad word about Paramore (Hayley).

• Like 1

could be kayla, didnt really think about that.

yeah andrew yeah i get that which suck but idk i guess my definition of manufactured is have random people thrown together to make a band but that didn't happen here.

Exactly. A manufactured band would be if the label put a bunch of random people together to form a band. That's not what happened here. The label wanted Hayley as a solo artist and she fought to be in a band, the same band she was already playing with before. And she got her wish, partly as if Josh's statement was true, the label/management would only agree to let Josh/ Zac join her. Even then though, the other 2 members weren't picked by the label and dropped into the band, they were people that the band was already friends with.

Wasn't that the gist of what Josh's post said happened? The label ignored the guys at first and didn't want them, then after AWKIF tried to get rid of them?

No offense, but that's the complete OPPOSITE of a manufactured band. If they were a manufactured band, the label would have put them together. That's not the case, the label didn't even want the others, they just wanted Hayley. Hayley fought to stay in a band, it wasn't the label that picked them.

Okay then they were half manufactured :P

Plus really if the guys didn't know Hayley then the label would have got four random guys in to form a band. The guys knowing Hayley was just perfect for the label. So I'll still think of them as being (somewhat) manufactured.