Josh and Zac have officially left Paramore.

Erin

Andrew's just being a stubborn pessimist. ;) hehe.

They were manufactured in the sense that they were built around Hayley but the thing that people keep wanting to forget (and I say wanting to because of those that are anti-Hayley) is that Hayley WANTED it to be a band. She didn't WANT to be a solo artist even though that's how it's been....what's the word...presented? Yeah. And that's how it's come across as. She said it herself in a LiveJournal post, the same thing Josh said, just not the whole drama/personal stuff behind it all. Hayley never liked the idea of being solo and that's why she continued to push around the Paramore is a band thing because they really were. I guess the whole business aspect of it just ruins it.

However, after reading Josh's blog post, I do have to admit I see brand new eyes in a completely different light now, and I do understand why it's more of a Hayley album than a band album. The whole thing about the 'Careful' lyrics upset me though. I mean, knowing Josh didn't agree with it, but the song is still there. Regardless of the religious meaning behind it all. It must have been painfully awkward.

I can see why the whole "the truth never set me free, so I did it myself" line would've been offensive to Josh, being as religious as he is, and I know it might be offensive to plenty of other Christians as well. For me though, growing up calling myself a Christian and then realizing later in life that I really didn't believe any of it, I love that line. It's one of my favorites on the album, and I'm kind of glad it stayed. :)

I want them to comment but i can somewhat understand why they're not going to.

It would only stir up things even more.

Them commenting would only start a pissing contest between Josh and Zac, and the rest of Paramore. It's not worth the time for them, or what's even more important to them, it's not worth the MONEY.

It would be fun to watch unfold if they did comment though.

Andrew's just being a stubborn pessimist. ;) hehe.

They were manufactured in the sense that they were built around Hayley but the thing that people keep wanting to forget (and I say wanting to because of those that are anti-Hayley) is that Hayley WANTED it to be a band. She didn't WANT to be a solo artist even though that's how it's been....what's the word...presented? Yeah. And that's how it's come across as. She said it herself in a LiveJournal post, the same thing Josh said, just not the whole drama/personal stuff behind it all. Hayley never liked the idea of being solo and that's why she continued to push around the Paramore is a band thing because they really were. I guess the whole business aspect of it just ruins it.

However, after reading Josh's blog post, I do have to admit I see brand new eyes in a completely different light now, and I do understand why it's more of a Hayley album than a band album. The whole thing about the 'Careful' lyrics upset me though. I mean, knowing Josh didn't agree with it, but the song is still there. Regardless of the religious meaning behind it all. It must have been painfully awkward.

agree agree agree.

Them commenting would only start a pissing contest between Josh and Zac, and the rest of Paramore. It's not worth the time for them, or what's even more important to them, it's not worth the MONEY.

It would be fun to watch unfold if they did comment though.

I don't think it's ALL about the money for Jeremy,Hayley and Taylor.

Them commenting would definitely start a fight ( a worse fight) between the Farro brothers and the rest of the band ,that i agree on.

• Like 1

I don't think it's ALL about the money for Jeremy,Hayley and Taylor.

Them commenting would definitely start a fight ( a worse fight) between the Farro brothers and the rest of the band ,that i agree on.

Never said it was. But the record label and band reps decide. Unfortunately Hayley, Jeremy, and Taylor don't get to make the decision. If their manager or label says not to respond, they don't really have a choice.

Of course they won't comment. That would only induce more negative publicity and paramore really can't take anymore bad publicity.

there is no better commercial as bad publicity. More people hear about bad stuff then the god ones. I believe that someone who never heard about Paramore will know about them now so it won't end up bad for them.

there is no better commercial as bad publicity. More people hear about bad stuff then the god ones. I believe that someone who never heard about Paramore will know about them now so it won't end up bad for them.

that is half true. it'll increase revenue for the time being but you also have to take into account who will turn away from paramore because of the bad publicity in the long run.

that is half true. it'll increase revenue for the time being but you also have to take into account who will turn away from paramore because of the bad publicity in the long run.

All i know is that people who never heard of them before are commenting on what happened ...

We'll see how it will turn up to be.

let me take out some things Josh has said in the comments just so you guys don't have to scroll and scroll

I thought I had to stay. I felt like since I had spent so much time and effort building this band it would be a waste to leave. I was wrong. You cant sacrifice happiness for money or anything in this world for that matter

we are not sure what we are doing next. Hopefully something to do with music. We are praying that God leads us where He wants us. No that is false Zac is not in a new band. That was just for fun.

I never said hayley wanted to be a solo artist. Listening to playing god makes me mad because the lyrics are so hurtful and unnecessary.

Yes i do plan to keep this blog for a long time. You guys will be the first to know if what I do next. :)

aaand again, because I couldn't use more quotes

dont think bad about hayley thats not what I want. just pray for her. I hope I will make a band with zac! who knows though. Merry Christmas!

Just keep working hard if you love what you are doing. Getting a manager or good lawyer usually helps getting your band info out to labels.

In response to "Why do the others stay in the band if the management treats them like this?"

because they dont see that they are being masterminded. also they didnt start the band. they joined while the goin was great. theyve always had it easy. so they just dont care.

In response to "Will you and Zac be friends with the rest of the band again?"

I hope so and am praying that we become friends again. But I do know that it wont happen soon.

Josh has started to reply to people's comments on the last entry of his blog, he says more about hurtful songs like Ignorance and Playing God, I cannot imagine it must have been easy to hear those lyrics

I would've told her to get on her bike if I was him. Hell, for all we know he probably did.

• Like 1

I haven't posted here in a while, but since the news broke about Josh and Zac leaving the band, this was the first place that came to my mind to give my opinion. It's difficult to take sides, as musicians I love all five of them (Hayley, Josh, Zac, Jeremy, and Taylor). The best thing they can all do now is move on. It's unfortunate that they had to leave, but that's life. I'll continue to listen to Paramore no doubt, but it definitely won't be the same without Josh and Zac, and anyone who thinks otherwise is just in denial.

I haven't posted here in a while, but since the news broke about Josh and Zac leaving the band, this was the first place that came to my mind to give my opinion. It's difficult to take sides, as musicians I love all five of them (Hayley, Josh, Zac, Jeremy, and Taylor). The best thing they can all do now is move on. It's unfortunate that they had to leave, but that's life. I'll continue to listen to Paramore no doubt, but it definitely won't be the same without Josh and Zac, and anyone who thinks otherwise is just in denial.

No it won't be the same, it never is when members of a band leaves. But what comes out of it in the end could be just as good, or better even.

I've seen plenty of bands I like replace members over the years. Sometimes the music they come out with after is worse, sometimes better, and a couple of times it wasn't better or worse, just different. We'll just have to wait and see what Paramore comes up with next.

No it won't be the same, it never is when members of a band leaves. But what comes out of it in the end could be just as good, or better even.

I've seen plenty of bands I like replace members over the years. Sometimes the music they come out with after is worse, sometimes better, and a couple of times it wasn't better or worse, just different. We'll just have to wait and see what Paramore comes up with next.

True, but I'll be outraged if they change the way they sound. Even if it's good, if it doesn't sound like Paramore then I won't be happy.

get your fucking heads out of hayley's ass, fuck sake

They're like your polar opposites. They have an unhealthy love for Hayley, and although I'm new here, I've noticed already that you seem to have an unhealthy hate for Hayley. Neither extreme is a good thing in my opinion. Just saying.

True, but I'll be outraged if they change the way they sound. Even if it's good, if it doesn't sound like Paramore then I won't be happy.

As long as they still put out great music, I won't be upset if the sound changes. Sometimes it's better that way.

I'll use one of my favorite bands (Metallica) as an example. They have changed their sound a few times. From And Justice for All to the black album the sound changed. I liked the pre-black album material better but it was still great music. Then after re-load they changed their sound again, first with St. Anger (which I like to pretend never happened) then with Death Magnetic which I thought was better than anything they had put out since And Justice For All. Now granted their original sound was my favorite, but if they had put out 9-10 albums of the same sounding music, it would probably have gotten a bit boring and predictable after a while. The way they kept changing though means that although I think some is better than the rest, there are 9 great albums and I never got bored with them.

Changing your sound is a tricky thing. Do it wrong and it will blow up in your face. Do it right and you can have an amazing, long career filled with some diverse, amazing music.