Josh and Zac have officially left Paramore.

Erin

nah, there's tons of other things she could have written about

Artists should write about what their heart tells them to write about. Music is one of the best ways to express yourself and how you feel. I'm not taking Hayley's side, but she had feelings inside of her that she needed to let out, and she did it in the form of music. She needed to let them know how she felt about them, because bottling up your emotions isn't a good thing.

Artists should write about what their heart tells them to write about. Music is one of the best ways to express yourself and how you feel. I'm not taking Hayley's side, but she had feelings inside of her that she needed to let out, and she did it in the form of music. She needed to let them know how she felt about them, because bottling up your emotions isn't a good thing.

i agree, and if it was just a couple songs, fine

but most of the record is bashing the guys, including the songs they've released as singles

and a lot of the lyrics could have been a lot less harsh

took it too far

I just don't understand how all of a sudden the lyrics are any harsher. When the album came out, people said, "Wow, that's some painful stuff... but listen to that emotion! It's amazing!" Just because this drama is happening now doesn't make the lyrics any different, but people act as if these lyrics, which were always so painfully honest, are worse now than they were.

Yes the lyrics have always hurt and you feel bad for the members of the band that they were written about, but then you also have to ask what did they do to have to have such hurtful words written about them in the first place? You can't place all the blame on one person. As soon as all of this started happening, friends of mine who personally know the band said, "Now people will see what Brand New Eyes is really all about" and now people do.

I just don't understand how all of a sudden the lyrics are any harsher. When the album came out, people said, "Wow, that's some painful stuff... but listen to that emotion! It's amazing!" Just because this drama is happening now doesn't make the lyrics any different, but people act as if these lyrics, which were always so painfully honest, are worse now than they were.

it's different because now we have his whole side of the story for the first time.

it's funny, regardless of what's happening with the band, I'm so excited to get my paramore shirts and stuff tomorrow! <3

That's how it should be. :) You should be excited about the band, not the personal issues behind the scenes. When my friend found out about what was going on with Paramore, he said, "Who cares? I like their music, and I'll keep listening to their music until I don't like it anymore. People leave bands all the time. I don't care about that." lol... he's really honest, and it made me laugh. He's right though.

Yes the lyrics have always hurt and you feel bad for the members of the band that they were written about, but then you also have to ask what did they do to have to have such hurtful words written about them in the first place? You can't place all the blame on one person. As soon as all of this started happening, friends of mine who personally know the band said, "Now people will see what Brand New Eyes is really all about" and now people do.

i never said i was placing the blame on one person

and i honestly doubt they did much to deserve what was written about them but it's obvious you're hayley's biggest kiss ass so i'll just stop there

Oh just stop it with the "kiss ass" stuff already. I never said that you were placing the blame on anyone. I was just stating what I've seen in all the Paramore communities I post on. Chill out. It's Christmas, and I'm not arguing with anyone cause it's not worth it.

and i honestly doubt they did much to deserve what was written about them but it's obvious you're hayley's biggest kiss ass so i'll just stop there

i agree with this whole post x100

I moderate LiveJournal. It's hard to make me mad anymore. :P

The last five or six comments were all about the lyrics being really angry and harsh. I wasn't directing it at anyone. I was adding my thoughts to the conversation.

I don't think anyone was trying to make you mad.

and the lyrics WERE harsh and hurtful haha.

what she said haha

if it was me i would never dream of broadcasting words like that about my band mates and 'best friends', and if someone wrote them about me, i'd be pretty hurt and pissed off

regardless of how 'awesome' the lyrics are, or how emotional it sounded, etc, it was still too much

even if the guys did agree to record them for whatever reason, they shouldn't have had to make the choice

where's the songs about how SHE made THEM feel huh? where's the acknowledgement there?

oh wait....there is none

what she said haha

if it was me i would never dream of broadcasting words like that about my band mates and 'best friends', and if someone wrote them about me, i'd be pretty hurt and pissed off

regardless of how 'awesome' the lyrics are, or how emotional it sounded, etc, it was still too much

even if the guys did agree to record them for whatever reason, they shouldn't have had to make the choice

where's the songs about how SHE made THEM feel huh? where's the acknowledgement there?

oh wait....there is none

mte

of course they were opposed to it. everyones like "why didn't they just not let them us it?" It's not exactly up to them seeing Hayley runs the show, and that the managements only concern is money. There was absolutely no need for those lyrics to be used on a PARAMORE album. Like I said, she should have used those songs and made them into solo demos if she wanted, don't make them sing them every night.

can't remember off the top of my head and i'm too lazy to find the link, but i'm quite sure josh said he spoke to hayley about the lyrics, yes?

but she decided to use them anyway or something

i'm sure they did try and say something but hayley wasn't having it so they decided it wasn't worth the fight

it's different because now we have his whole side of the story for the first time.

it's funny, regardless of what's happening with the band, I'm so excited to get my paramore shirts and stuff tomorrow! <3

yeah, the music is still good, and Hayley is still talented.

agree too. Hayley is friends with Taylor Swift, maybe she should act more like her. Taylor writes about things in her life too, but the guys she writes about deserve it, cause they either treated her wrong or cheated. Plus Taylor admits her mistakes in songs like Back to December. She treated Taylor L wrong and admitted it in her song. Why cant Hayley admit when shes wrong. I mean like her last twitter posts are like nothing happened.

It was a big shock for me when I read Josh and Zac their blog. So many things went through my mind the past few days. Josh had every right to tell the truth. I will not choose any side, because I don't know the whole story. I know Hayley isn't perfect, no one is, also Josh. They were unhappy in the band for years, so I don't understand why they didn't left earlier, they had every right ? The singer always gets the most attention, but unfortunately that is how it is, so deal with it. But Josh and Zac created Paramore, so I would have found it very sincerely that they would have more to say.

I really hope they will ever be friends again, but it will be hard.

I wish them all luck for the future, Josh and Zac, and the remaining members Hayley, Jeremy and Taylor.

It's hard to be positive about everything, but I'll try to move on. The music is still good, so I wish them all luck for the next record.

yeah, the music is still good, and Hayley is still talented.

agree too. Hayley is friends with Taylor Swift, maybe she should act more like her. Taylor writes about things in her life too, but the guys she writes about deserve it, cause they either treated her wrong or cheated. Plus Taylor admits her mistakes in songs like Back to December. She treated Taylor L wrong and admitted it in her song. Why cant Hayley admit when shes wrong. I mean like her last twitter posts are like nothing happened.

I'm sorry but no songs should be written like taylor swift. I hate taylor swift's lyrics. Not everything is a freaking fairytale. And aside from that, who says those guys deserve it? you're just hearing her side of the story. Ok i'll stop making this a taylor swift post by moving the conversation along to the fact that i'm saddened by the fact that I can't listen to BNE the same again after knowing what i now know and how it seems like they aren't even friends.

can't remember off the top of my head and i'm too lazy to find the link, but i'm quite sure josh said he spoke to hayley about the lyrics, yes?

but she decided to use them anyway or something

i'm sure they did try and say something but hayley wasn't having it so they decided it wasn't worth the fight

From the blog:

. We fought her about how her lyrics misrepresented our band and what we stood for, but in the end she got her way. Instead of fighting her any longer, we decided to just roll over and let it go.

I'm sorry but no songs should be written like taylor swift. I hate taylor swift's lyrics. Not everything is a freaking fairytale. And aside from that, who says those guys deserve it? you're just hearing her side of the story.

no, i completely agree with you.

what he said about taylor swift is a joke.

Taylor writes about things in her life too, but the guys she writes about deserve it, cause they either treated her wrong or cheated.

I seriously lol'd. How do you know they deserve it? And it's just boring and...eh.