Josh and Zac have officially left Paramore.

Erin

Jenna posted this on her blog

Paramore fans

I've been receiving some comments from fans about the recent post Hayley made on Paramore.net. Some you have shared some really sweet/encouraging things about Josh, and I have passed them on to him. Josh has been really sick the past few days. He wanted me to let you guys know that he will be releasing a post to you all in next couple of days once he gets to feeling better. This being the only way I have to reach you all, pass it on to others who don't follow my blog. I will post a link to his once it's ready.

Thank you.

according to kerrang and rock sound zac formed a new band

http://www.kerrang.com/blog/2010/12/paramore_drummer_unveils_new_b.html

i'm guessing Zac had pre planned joining another band because he literally only left Paramore a couple of days ago... not really the type of thing i'd listen to but it's alright. it kinda makes me sad listening to it. i wish Zac well in his new band.

This kind of turned the whole Zac leaving situation into a win win.

People will still bash him for "leaving for another band," but he didn't leave FOR another band, he is doing a small music project so he can keep making music and BE HOME WITH FAMILY for the first time since he was 13.

i'm guessing Zac had pre planned joining another band because he literally only left Paramore a couple of months ago... not really the type of thing i'd listen to but it's alright. it kinda makes me sad listening to it. i wish Zac well in his new band.

;)

People will still bash him for "leaving for another band," but he didn't leave FOR another band, he is doing a small music project so he can keep making music and BE HOME WITH FAMILY for the first time since he was 13.

THIS !!! I'm already fed up with some reactions like "omgggg he left paramore but he started a new band, so unfair blablabla"

I'm glad Josh is planning on writing a message for us. :)

And to the ones who are saying that Hayley didn't seem to really show her feelings on the announcement: it must not be easy for her and for Taylor & Jeremy to deal with it. Apparently they've been aware of it for months, but it must be very hard. These last months, while Hayley, Taylor and Jeremy were motivated, Josh & Zac weren't; and it must have been difficult for Hayley/Taylor/Jeremy to see their band was almost falling apart.

And I guess they will say more about it in their next record. I can't wait to hear it and see the lyrics.

The new Tunnel stuff is exactly what I thought Zac would end up doing. He would always talk about the bands he listens to, and I'd wonder why he played such heavy music if he listened to bands like Sigur Ros. This makes more sense. It's not something I'd listen to on a regular basis, but if he enjoys making it, then that's all that matters.

Also, it doesn't matter when he started the band. Paramore knew he was leaving for two months, and that's when he probably started on this project. Even if he started earlier, it's really no big deal. Good for him.

The new Tunnel stuff is exactly what I thought Zac would end up doing. He would always talk about the bands he listens to, and I'd wonder why he played such heavy music if he listened to bands like Sigur Ros. This makes more sense. It's not something I'd listen to on a regular basis, but if he enjoys making it, then that's all that matters.

Also, it doesn't matter when he started the band. Paramore knew he was leaving for two months, and that's when he probably started on this project. Even if he started earlier, it's really no big deal. Good for him.

I agree 100%. We knew Zac was into this kind of music, and it certainly fits him well. I actually really like the song, and look forward to more. I suppose one positive thing out of all this mass chaos is that even though Paramore split up, it increased the amount of bands with talent in the music industry (in my opinion). I look forward to more, and this makes me feel a lot better about where Zac is going with his life. After all, he is still really young, and hasn't had a normal life since he was a little kid. He needs this. Now he can lay low and do the music he feels more comfortable with at a level that is manageable for him.

Although I think anything the Farro brothers do from now on will be highly publicized and recognized simply because of their Paramore fame. So Zac may get an unexpected swarm of fans for a band that he might not have thought would get too many so soon, haha. But I'm sure he knows it's all out of love. And it helps show him that there were a lot of loyal fans of his, so I hope that warms his heart, knowing people do care about him. Not just Paramore.

I found out about this in the suckiest way ever. By a text message. From a friend.

And I was in shock and I felt seriously nauseous (seems like I learnt to type a new English word today... something good happens today after all!) when I found out. And today I'm ill. Yeah I was ill yesterday evening, even before I found out, but now I'm even more nauseous. Like it has nothing to do with that but just wanted to say.....

I can't understand the fact that you guys aren't surprised! I mean.... I think there was no indication to this! I'm just so shocked.... why both of them? I was expecting this from Josh BUT Zac? WHY? OH GOD WHY.........

thumbs_down.gif

I can't feel anything else but this. I don't know if the Paramore I love exists anymore.... I just always knew that I'm not the biggest fan of Hayley solo project. And I don't mean that is what Paramore's gonna be since Josh and Zac left is just.... It's not the same anymore.

This blows.

Zac song is epic. It is the style i like the most,so i am glad for him.

and we'll see what Josh has to say.

I agree. I think the song fits him well. Definitely feeling the vibe. Those who expect Zac to do more stuff similar to Paramore's style are not paying attention. This is what Zac feels comfortable with, and it's the kind of music he listens to. A great fit for him.

wait are we expected to read something from josh?

And I just heard that demo from tunnel and if it makes zac happy then so be it. I wish him the best and I always forget he's my age so I can understand a bit even though I couldn't even imagine being in a band as successful as paramore at my age. I just hope that whatever he and josh decide to do. I hope it works out for them because they are both very talented and deserve to be happy.

I'm just so grateful that I at least got to see them live even if it was only once and I was planning on going to a bunch of more shows but I'm glad after all these years that i was able to make it to one in time. And I'm also lucky i got to meet them.