Josh and Zac have officially left Paramore.

Erin

wow.... explains so much. speechless. like what?

i feel like some of what i've been in love with since i was 13 is just a lie....

That's what I said....all these years and now I'm looking at the magazines and CDs and I'm like....the fuck just happened

i'm gonna cry again.

fuck life..

Wow. Idk what to say. I wish I hadn't read it. Everything seems like a lie. The albums, the shows, the lyrics, meeting them. Oh god, now i'm crying. I don't understand. So their band was just made up, just for Hayley? Was their friendship even real, because thinking about it, if it started like this there must've been some competition between them all.

i always want to stay positive about them, i HATE being negative especially about them because i love them all i'm not picking sides or blaming anyone at all but i just feel like everything i've done and lived for for the passed 5 years have just been crap..... well not everything though i've had so many good times meeting, seeing them, listening to them, all the wonderful friends i've made because of them everything about my life would be 100% different without them as cliche as that sounds but i feel like they all made it seem like everything was all better since BNE but it wasn't.... and all the things they've hid from their fans... for the record, i am in no way saying paramore is a lie.... i guess i'm mostly just upset that they've been making things seem one way when it was completely different

but because of the good times i've had because of them and how happy they've made me i'll still continue to support them.

honestly for the past couple years i figured the band was more about hayley than any of them lead on but i didn't think it was that bad right from the start :/

i literally do not know what to say

to think i spent so much time and so much effort and money and love on a fraud

i'm rather insulted

Without saying too much, having read through this blog several times and seen other people's posts on other boards, I know I'm not the only one who thinks what I do regarding this matter. I think this is definitely one side of the story, but it's from a much more bitter part of Josh's heart. Obviously he hated it, and while I definitely believe some version of what he said, I refuse to look at it from anything from an objective point of view. I say things I don't mean when I'm angry and don't think things through sometimes too. I don't think he's doing anything different than that. How could anyone keep going like that for over six years if they weren't happy for at least part of it? There has to be something else.

I'm not starting an argument, and I understand where everyone's coming from. Just don't do anything drastic because this is not all of the story.

I think I'm one of the only ones here that wasn't surprised or fazed by this post. Call me heartless, but I knew there was more to why Josh and Zac left than what we originally thought. The story of Paramore's origin before this one was basically always the same extremely convenient fairytale type cliche. Big labels like Atlantic and Warner are bound to pull off stuff like this. It's just business. Don't get me wrong here, I am disappointed that I hadn't known the full truth, but I simply cannot hold it against them at all. They did start out as a band "naturally", but when bands make it big, there's always the matter of profit and marketing that goes with it. Sure there are bands that make it on their own, and that's great, but labels will do what they feel is needed when they find talent. I don't agree with the arguments of Hayley having the only talent, because all members, past and present, have had talent. What I'm trying to say here is while I'm not happy to see this news, I understand the reasoning behind it all.

Plus this is from Josh's point of view, as Chriss said. I'm just not fazed. Sorry.

exactly. if they really care about their fans and making music would be the only thing that matters to them at all, they'd just go off, look for something else even if they're risking to lose a bunch of publicity and attention. but i'd rather prefer a band whith an honest small fan base that's not in like every magazine or show any more but makes honest and good music everyone in the band could identify with.

Me too. Jono is amazing... and I'm going to post the whole thing here because everyone needs to read it.

The (new) Paramore Situation

Here’s the bottom line. Young people with talent from different circles came together, and Hayley being the one with her parents backing her/management/whatever… everyone was too young (like Josh said) to really understand what was going on and the music industry monster began to take its course.

When we were on tour with the band it was Hayley, Jeremy and Taylor who hung out with us and embraced us with open arms. We knew the history of the relationships, etc. We saw the division, who was having fun on stage and off. It was very clear. They didn’t act like nothing was wrong, they’re human. You can’t just hide emotions. The lyrics on the record are about all of it. You’re living with people who you may not get along with, or see the world differently from, or just have a different path in mind. Add growing popularity, management, labels, and money into the situation and its bound to blow at some point.

The reason things, personal and business things, were kept secret were simple: why scare fans to thinking something was wrong? Why let them know every specific detail of a contract, a lineup change, etc. There’s no need for fans to know about that stuff. Our band has had around 6 lineup changes. We’ve been on two record labels and on the first it was only Nick and I on the contract. People didn’t know, but again it didn’t matter. Everyone in Paramore was doing well, their shows were selling out, and from what I’ve seen it wasn’t one person making all of the money while the rest lived in poverty.

The brothers are incredibly talented musicians, and we didn’t get to know them too well, but it seemed like they were the ones who wanted to stay away from interviews, or webchats, or anything extra curricular for the band.. like opportunities to expand and get their fingers in things like magazine spreads, etc. They just wanted to play music and it seemed like that was it. That’s why the release came as a shock and I’m sure everyone in all camps are confused and freaking out.

The band is Hayley, Taylor and Jeremy now. They’re great people who just want to have fun and play music. Josh and Zac can continue their musical/life endeavors however they want and have 100% of the control if that’s what they’re looking for, hopefully having a better time with it. Leaving a band in my eyes means leaving all together. Like I said, we’ve had it happen to us several times. In the meantime all of the 7 years of work won’t stop and Paramore will keep going. They’re not these weird machine made freaks, they’re normal people. I’ve driven around with them, ate at Denny’s or went to tiny shows and watched bands with them. Just make sure you take a breather and think before you decide on turning your back on something you loved for so long.

They're just acting irrationally. Blaming Josh for everything makes no sense.

"I'M NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS UNTIL IT'S OFFICIAL, I MEAN IT'S JOSH'S ONLY BLOG ENTRY. LOOKS FAKED TO ME."

This drives me nuts.

Exactly!