Josh and Zac have officially left Paramore.

Erin

I feel like I can't even listen to "looking up" the same way? I thought everything was better and they were happy again...?

I also would've liked the boys to give the message to the fans or maybe even one last tour before announcing it not just a 'ok we did out last show last week we're done' i feel like they decided to leave the band and then run and hide and let hayley jeremy and taylor deal with everything that comes from it. i don't know i just kind of feel disrespected in that way i understand it's best for them and it's what they want i still love them and i wish them the best

Catie, I honestly think they were at the time, and I think they all still are. But just look at how much bigger Paramore got in a year. We saw them playing theatres last year around this time, and only a year later, they were selling out arenas. Some people just don't like that kind of attention. I think Josh and Zac were happy at the time, but once the band started becoming more and more successful, they realized it wasn't what they wanted anymore. As far as any of us know, and from what I've heard from kids at the Orlando show, they were all taking in every moment of it and were completely happy with each other.

I absolutely agree. I just don't want to be like "YEAH it's gonna be great without them!" cause it's not, I'mma miss them so much ya know?

I feel absolutely blessed to have met them this year though.

I'm going to miss them too. I've definitely done my share of bragging to people about Josh's songwriting and Zac's beastly drumming. Who knows though, maybe it's all meant to be and both Paramore and the Farros will go on to do amazing things. Maybe in a few years, we'll be talking about how it was the best thing to happen to them. You can't predict the future, but you can be hopeful about it... and you can hold on to your best memories from the past too.

your post made me wanting a hug now. fuck, i'm getting mental about this. wet eyes alarm. :/

Well I'm sending you an e-hug. It's okay to hug your computer now. :)

I'm going to miss them too. I've definitely done my share of bragging to people about Josh's songwriting and Zac's beastly drumming. Who knows though, maybe it's all meant to be and both Paramore and the Farros will go on to do amazing things. Maybe in a few years, we'll be talking about how it was the best thing to happen to them. You can't predict the future, but you can be hopeful about it... and you can hold on to your best memories from the past too.

I sure hope it's for the best! I'm just upset and scared frankly that this is something that has been absolutely important to me for the past 5 or 6 years of my life. They hlped me get through the first death I ever had to deal with (sounds cliche and corny but it's true.) I just don't want to think that this is the end ya know? There's just no winning with this situation, really, not until we see the new album.

If there's anything Paramore's helped me realize over the years, it's that sometimes life throws some really horrible stuff at you, but it's always for the better. I just plan on listening to the chorus of "Turn It Off" on repeat for a while.

They helped me through witnessing the death of my step-grandfather this past September, so I know how you feel.

I could definitely see them changing the setlist around on the last tour because they knew it was the last time they'd be playing those songs together, which is really sad to think about.

I'm sad for the ones who would never have the chance to see them all :(

Kasia > *hug*

Paramore fans have to be united through this and that what I feel, and I like it. It's hard for everyone and I'm glad we can talk about it. It makes me feel a bit better. /*dramatic tone OFF

Chriss your posts make me feel a lot better!

Thanks, and I'm glad. I've been through a lot of crap in my life (and am even still going through some of it), and I've just decided that I'd rather try to find any kind of positive I can out of any situation. It bums me out to see other people that way, so I just want to help. If I can make anyone here feel even just a little bit better than they did yesterday, then I'll keep doing it. :)

This is basically what I have to say about it, some of you may have read it on tumblr already.

Today day was the day I think a lot of Paramore fans have been dreading, and maybe even waiting for. We got the message that Josh and Zac Farro have decided to leave the band. I wasn’t surprised, but of course it’s sad. I am however, not gonna cry. This is obviously what’s best for them, they wouldn’t have left if it wasn’t. So I will choose to smile and be happy for them, and not cry for me. This is a whole new beginning for them, and I hope they will go on doing amazing things in life. They are both great guys I’ve had the pleasure of seeing and meeting three times. So I will look back on all the happy memories these guys have created for me these last years. Paramore will not be the same, but let’s face it - it’s not been the same for a long time. Thank you Zac & Josh for everything you’ve done for me!

i just..i dunno, now i'm really upset=/ I'm not upset with zac and josh,they had their reasons but just this whole situation.

I knew they'd be the first ones to leave tho,it's been a long time since ive seen them really into it. And i do want them to be happy,and if that's not in Paramore anymore i respect that 100%.

New things doesn't have to be anything bad so i'm definetley curious to see what the future will bring for Paramore.

but yes..this is really really sad=( i'm mostly sad because this band with those 5 members have meant so much for me the last 5 years,so it's gonna be weird for a while,but i'm sure things will look up soon!

Hi guys, i haven#t posted on here for a very looonnnggg time.

I can't believe this, no more josh or zac? people said they saw it coming but i honestly was so shocked.

I just don't understand because when I saw them in november in the UK, they seemed so close and they performed so tightly and it was the best i had ever seen them, do you think they had all sort of accepted it before then and they treat this last tour as a sort of secret fairwell tour?

I'm just gutted, I don't see how they'll even write awesome new songs without Josh! :(

No offense and I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but I think Paramore should just go their separate ways. Maybe get 2 new members and change the name. It won't be the same Paramore with Josh and Zac. Now there is going to be some fill-in guitarist playing all these songs Josh wrote. Not the same.

No, you're wrong. VersaEmerge started off as a post-hardcore band and now they are a pop punk band on Fueled By Ramen with only ONE original member. Their change has been completely drastic compared to what Paramore's change will be in the future. Why hasn't their name changed? It's not as drastic as you guys are making it out to be. In fact if you've listened to BNE you can hear some of the changes in there already.

---------------

Also, hasn't it always been Hayley's band? I don't know why people say that like it's a bad thing. Also if Hayley goes solo (I saw too much of this yesterday across Twitter and on other forums) then she's gonna have to be interviewed by me because I'm going to grill her with all her quotes of "I would never go solo I would want to stay in a band" ;)

And to me, Taylor is an original member. He was just 'behind the scenes.' I mean he co-wrote Conspiracy, didn't he? That was 5 years ago. And he's been a touring member for the past 3 years and a so-called 'official' member for one.

P.S Some of the comments on paramore.net are disgusting. "JOSH AND ZAC YOU RUINED MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!" WTF? If they're not happy, then wouldn't you want them to be happy? Why be selfish about the situation?

I feel like Chriss is one of the few people who's trying to make this situation seem good. Thanks Chriss.

No, you're wrong. VersaEmerge started off as a post-hardcore band and now they are a pop punk band on Fueled By Ramen with only ONE original member. Their change has been completely drastic compared to what Paramore's change will be in the future. Why hasn't their name changed? It's not as drastic as you guys are making it out to be. In fact if you've listened to BNE you can hear some of the changes in there already.

lol was there really a need for the "No, you're wrong." She even said people would disagree with her opinion XD.

No fights here!

I think the outcome will eventually be okay but until we see some sign from the band of whats going on, or the new album we can't really know. it's kind of bittersweet right now.

I love this forum.

Even though we're all upset,we're not bashing Josh and Zac like ive seen done on so many sites today. People are really harsh.

Yeah seriously!!

It's not like it's their fault. They should do what's best for themselves. They don't deserve any bashing. Some people are INSANE.

Honestly I still can't get my head round the fact that it happened, though. This morning, the blog post flashed in my mind and I was like "Is this a dream?" I still feel weird about it.wacko.gif

I'm starting to wonder if there was a connection between this and them doing Let This Go halfway through the UK tour

I haven't listened to Paramore properley for a while now and yet this post made me feel really sad..

Although I'm over the band in general now, I'm still thankful to them for bringing a lot of great memories and helping me make some great friends on here. I think I better break out AWKIF tonight and give it a listen... Because although they aren't the band I fell in love with nearly four years ago, the music I most enjoyed is still there.

Bah, I feel quite sad about Zac and Josh now, especially reading that Zac quote about his sister not knowing him. I wish them all the best.