Paramore: The Last Word

It doesn't matter, honestly. After all those years, after their relationship as friends and even more than that... I understand this is a TERRIBLE situation for them but for this to simple overwrite everything they had and for her to basically say she won't miss him is absolutely outrageous.

I understand what you mean. But when people argue, it's easy to be blinded and to forget about good things that have happened in the past. I'm pretty sure everyone knows that they'll miss each other, because after all they wrote songs together.

And did they really just put "IGNORANCE" as the caption for the playing god video? oh dear, mtv.

then again it is MTV after all. editing is a beautiful thing. MTV is trying to stir up drama anyway so i've seen

of course editing is a factor but you can tell her attitude when she said the thing about Zac.

i understand that there is tension and it's a terrible situation as i said but i just can't believe that something can completely rewrite years of what they called a family.

final opinion: this didn't really clear anything up and I pretty much wasted 50 minutes of my life.

of course editing is a factor but you can tell her attitude when she said the thing about Zac.

i understand that there is tension and it's a terrible situation as i said but i just can't believe that something can completely rewrite years of what they called a family.

final opinion: this didn't really clear anything up and I pretty much wasted 50 minutes of my life.

truefax.

not trying to be a 'hayley kiss ass' but i did not see anything wrong with her attitude. she was just saying how she will miss zac.

who knows. maybe she did say something about missing josh, maybe she didn't

and agreed with the last part.

I understand what you mean. But when people argue, it's easy to be blinded and to forget about good things that have happened in the past. I'm pretty sure everyone knows that they'll miss each other, because after all they wrote songs together.

And did they really just put "IGNORANCE" as the caption for the playing god video? oh dear, mtv.

true. I get like this all of the time so it's understandable

not trying to be a 'hayley kiss ass' but i did not see anything wrong with her attitude. she was just saying how she will miss zac.

who knows. maybe she did say something about missing josh, maybe she didn't

and agreed with the last part.

true. I get like this all of the time so it's understandable

i didn't see anything wrong with how she said it either. she's just hurt. understandably. i would be.

and yeah, i'm always like that, haha. i'm terrible for it :')

Although a lot of this was just, as Sam said, 'speculating about speculation' from the presenter I'm glad they did this so I could actually hear their opinions all laid out together (the past, the breakup, the future, etc) despite the fact it has been edited. He mentioned that the full (and, from the way he said it, I assume unedited) interview would be up online after this so we can see how much editing has been done.

I think they have been honest in doing this. It must have been hard for them to address it all so soon but it's clear they want a fresh start for 2011 and some sort of closure. Hopefully this is really the last word. As long as Josh, Zac and what is now Paramore are happy in this fresh start then that's what matters.

didn't see it, but as much as I love Hayley, she should have said something about Josh. Yeah they broke up and have their problems, but not saying anything, makes her look like she never cared about Josh.

my point exactly.

did she even say his name the whole time?

I understand she must be in pain but come on seriously.

Just watched the interview, they didn't really say anything new but I wasn't really expecting them to. I'm just glad they didn't really retaliate about Josh's statement. If they did, it would just probably end up being a war of words back and forth, and really what would be the point of that?

As for Hayley saying she would miss Zac but not saying anything about Josh, to be honest I must have missed that part because I don't remember hearing her say she'd miss Zac. Can you really blame her though? No matter how close they may have once been, obviously they aren't that close anymore and after Josh's statement, even going as far as publicly talking badly about her family (whether what he said is true or not, I'm not going to speculate as obviously I wasn't there, but either way it's something I think should have been kept private between him and Hayley) after that, if I were in Hayley's position, I wouldn't miss him either. I say good for Hayley, Jeremy and Taylor for responding the way they have, a lot of people would have taken the opportunity to retaliate.

didn't see it, but as much as I love Hayley, she should have said something about Josh. Yeah they broke up and have their problems, but not saying anything, makes her look like she never cared about Josh.

didn't watch it, have no real intention to, but i would agree with this

bit harsh to not mention him at all after what, six years as band mates/friends/a couple?

Watched it earlier. Found it interesting but I thought they could have been a little more honest about everything that went down. Bottom line I still think Josh did the right thing... since "supposedly" Hayley or whoever decided to just release their version of the exit statement without Josh or Zac's approval. Both will be sincerely missed.

bit harsh to not mention him at all after what, six years as band mates/friends/a couple?

I can see where people are coming from when they say this, but really, if things have gotten as bad between them as they seem to have, then she probably doesn't really have many good feelings towards him at this time despite their history together. Let's face it, friends, band mates or couples often part ways on bitter terms. When that happens it doesn't matter how good the good times were, you usually don't have any good feelings towards each other anymore. If that's true in this case that leaves her with 3 options.

1. She can tell the truth about how she feels towards Josh right now. Assuming things have turned bitter between them, all that would do would continue on a war of words with Josh, piss off fans, and make Hayley look as bitter as Josh looked to me in his statement. What's the point in that?

2. Lie and pretend she'll miss Josh. I'd rather she didn't pretend she's going to miss him if it isn't true.

or

3. Say nothing at all. It's not an option that's going to please everybody obviously, but in my opinion if things are as bad as they apear, it's probably the best option.

Maybe in time when things have a chance to settle, they'll be able to set aside their problems with each other and remember that there were some good times as well, but until then it's probably best to say nothing.

^i agree so much.

honestly, if i'm on bad terms with someone no matter our history i don't think at that time i would say i'll miss them. i'd be too mad to at that time

I'd miss Zac more than Josh too, just saying. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

well i mean i'm sure we know how i feel about this...... lmao kidding. of course i'll miss josh equally!

Why should she say something about Josh that she doesn't mean ? They're not friends anymore you can really read between the lines of this interview, thhey havn't talked since they left, she said is/was close to me and he wasn't exactly nice to her in the statement so yeah they're done

I ripped all of my posters and stuff from my wall when I heard the first news.

I was so angry en confused and hurt.

But I putted them all back now, and I understand both statements.

And like all the other people say, I just can't understand that Hayley but also Josh talk about each other with so much hurtfull things, because they were together in the past. And I don't understand how you can talk about someone who you loved.

But im glad Paramore wanted to make it all clear, and we can see their face expressions and all that stuff. Because people can type something on the internet but you cant see and know what they really feel about it. And in the intervieuw you can really see that it hurt them so much. Especially Taylor looks really sad. But im glad paramore stays a band. And this is just a knew fresh start and maybe it will be a good thing or not. We will see <3

This whole this is a great example of why band members shouldn't date. Nothing good ever happens. Some of you don't get the point about the Josh thing, yeah they don't get along, and she probably won't miss him, but she could have at least said something about him. Agian this is why band members shouldn't date, just causes a big mess with everything.

I don't think this is just all post break up stuff , in this interview you can feel that there was a real problem not just between Hayley and Josh but also between Taylor and Josh and Jeremy and Josh...

They didn't want the same things and that's how it is, it sucks but they just grew more and more apart, It happens...

If you watch the extended clips and not just what was shown in the 40 minute live stream, Hayley does talk about Josh for a little bit, but I really don't expect her to mention him anymore for a while. I've been in situations where someone I was friends with completely changed and said and did some hurtful things, and almost four years later, I'd still rather not talk to them (but I have on several occasions, and I haven't died). I hope it doesn't take her that long to personally get over it, but I also don't expect her to say anything public about it again.

Anyway, that's not even what I really wanted to post about. I missed the live stream cause of work, and of course when I came home last night, I watched it. The part with James and Kyle just speculating was really boring and stupid because didn't the band want to do this interview so that they could stop speculation and just set the record straight? Good job, MTV, lol. I watched the whole show before I realized that the actual entire sit-down part of the interview was posted after it (video 8 or 9 and beyond) and I could've saved 40 minutes of my time and just watched what the band had to say unedited. You could tell they were all taken aback by what happened and were still hurt, but they handled it well and did their best not to cause more drama. As someone on LiveJournal said, you can now take this as you will and move on one way or another.

I loved seeing the later parts where they talked about how excited they were for the future and joked around with each other. That's something I haven't seen from Paramore as a whole in a while. For once, all members are on the same page and share the same amount of excitement and hope for the band, and that was really awesome to see.

Also, did anyone who watched the live stream when it happened see Ashley? I was trying to find a clip of her interview, but I couldn't find anything. I really want to hear what she had to say.