Paramore: The Last Word

Here's a new clip that Perez Hilton posted, where Hayley talks about why they haven't countered every point in Josh's statement and how it's not worth it to keep fighting over it. For whatever reason, the video doesn't actually start until around 0:23, so you can skip ahead.

http://perezhilton.com/2011-01-05-paramore-responds-to-claims-by-josh-and-zac-farro

Hmmm, interesting. Can't wait to see the whole interview. Too bad I'll be at work when it's happening though. In that second article where Montgomery or w/e was talking about how honest they all were and how Hayley didn't deny that most of the lines were most likely about Josh, ummm, am I the only person who kind of saw that upon initially hearing the album? I pretty much assumed a lot of the really bitter parts were about disagreements between her and Josh.

^ No, I got that too, but I guess a lot of people didn't hear it that way. I heard some people thought it was about the press, critics, and even fans (the kids from parasecrets and stuff).

See in all honesty, when was the last time MTV did anything on TV about music. Everytime i switch it on it's Jackass, Dirty Sanchez or some American show about Hulk Hogan's daughter.

+1

All it does is fill the minds of young teens with the lowest common denominator pop-culture garbage.

I fucking HATE Jackass. Really don't understand why anyone over the age of 14 likes that shit.

Anyone know if the stream on Friday will end up only being viewable in the US? A lot of MTV.com's videos usually are (cause they expect us to use .co.uk although it hardly has any of the same stuff on it) and it'd be just my luck that I wouldn't be able to see it.

I'm not sure, since some of the videos they've posted have been region-locked and some haven't. If it's not available, I'm sure someone will be recording it and posting it later.

Also, here's another excerpt from the interview. Since it's only text, I'll post it.

Paramore Say 'Majority' Of Brand New Eyes Is About Josh Farro

FRANKLIN, Tennessee — In his "Exit Statement" from Paramore, Josh Farro made one thing abundantly clear: There was a lot more going on behind the scenes than most fans were aware of.

Of course, in their interview with MTV News — which you can see more of in Paramore: The Last Word," a live stream on MTV.com on Friday at 4 p.m. ET — the remaining members of the band addressed most of his charges (not surprisingly, they don't agree with most of them), but in kicking up all that dust, Farro may have unwittingly also revealed the biggest secret of all: that the majority of the songs on Paramore's 2009 Brand New Eyes album were about him.

Up until he released his statement, most fans assumed that the lyrics on songs like "Playing God" ("It has to be so lonely/ To be the only one who's only") and "Ignorance" ("Where's your gavel, your jury/ What's my offense this time?") were Hayley Williams' way of telling off nameless naysayers and faceless detractors. But now, it's pretty apparent that they deal almost exclusively with her relationship with Farro — and if you're still not sold on that point, well, she'll tell you herself.

"I would say that a large majority of those songs, yes, have to do with the relationship we had and then that we had to mend," she said. "And it was really hard, because we were all friends, and then going through a breakup and going through any kind of tension as a band really affected all the lyrics. ... There are a lot of specifics that I pulled from my experience with just feeling like my face was underneath a boot all the time.

"I think the point of the album was never to point out those things, but hopefully to encourage people who feel that way," she continued. "Because I felt so alone in that fight, that I would never want, especially another young woman, to feel that way, because I know there are a lot of girls I've talked to, fans, go through the same thing in relationships and families, and it just sucks to feel kind of victimized."

And she didn't stop there, either, but you're going to have to wait for the "Last Word" live stream to hear the rest. And speaking of that live stream, we'd love to include your voice in the show, and judging by the sheer volume of comments our stories have gotten, you have plenty to say. You can upload videos to or tweet your take @MTVNews, and we might just use it Friday.

MTV News will be unveiling our exclusive interview with Paramore on Friday at 4 p.m. ET with "Paramore: The Last Word," a live stream on MTV.com that will feature in-depth analysis of the band's future, real-time discussion with their biggest fans and exclusive footage of the band, past and present.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1655368/paramore-majority-brand-new-eyes-about-josh-farro.jhtml

* Good job MTV on screwing up the words to "Playing God," lol. Someone should tell them the correct lyrics are up on Paramore.net. :P

^ That's true, but have you ever been on Paramore.net when they launch something big? It can't handle the traffic and crashes. That won't happen with MTV.com, and even if MTV does try to stir things up, Paramore has already said this is the last time they're talking about it. Don't worry about it.

Anyway, I just got some cool news, so I wanted to share. Along with the interview with the band, MTV is also interviewing a few of Paramore's biggest fans, and I'm pretty stoked to announce that Ashley Perfick, the creator of this very site, is one of the people that will be interviewed! Besides being a fan, she's also friends with the band, so I'm pretty interested to hear what she's going to talk about. :)

So I just did my skype interview with mtv news - the guy that did the basement interview they're airing today. I'm not sure how they're going to edit it together so hopefully it's not out of context too badly. It could come off pretty harsh to Josh if they edit it a certain way. Anyway I was just honest about the situation because I think if everyone airs it out now and knows both sides it will be better in the long term. Paramore couldn't have kept being a band how they currently were, so I'm personally glad - although it didn't go down so nicely - that Josh decided to leave the band. There won't be any negativity in Paramore in the future and I don't think the fans want to hear another brand new eyes type album - the same themes, etc.

Im in Canada so I can't watch it live online. Hope they don't butcher me ha.

If it helps any, I use this (http://hotspotshield.com/) to watch hockey games that are broadcast online for the US/Canada only. That should work for those outside the US for this Paramore stream, no promises though haha.

Thanks, if it won't let me watch it I'll definetly try that link :)

So I just did my skype interview with mtv news - the guy that did the basement interview they're airing today. I'm not sure how they're going to edit it together so hopefully it's not out of context too badly. It could come off pretty harsh to Josh if they edit it a certain way. Anyway I was just honest about the situation because I think if everyone airs it out now and knows both sides it will be better in the long term. Paramore couldn't have kept being a band how they currently were, so I'm personally glad - although it didn't go down so nicely - that Josh decided to leave the band. There won't be any negativity in Paramore in the future and I don't think the fans want to hear another brand new eyes type album - the same themes, etc.

Im in Canada so I can't watch it live online. Hope they don't butcher me ha.

I can't wait to see what you have to say about it all, and I hope they don't just edit it to make Josh look bad, but it is MTV so who knows?

It's good to hear things from a fan of the band who is also good friends with them because you definitely know more about the situation that a lot of us.

Any idea if this is something they'll put up on the site for everyone to watch later? Because, of course, I have work at 4pm. :P

Also, here's another new article/video (I feel like I've seen the whole interview already, lol). The beginning of the video made me smile:

http://www.mtv.com/n...than-ever.jhtml

I've been watching for the last ten minutes and am bored.com

Dont get me wrong i love all of them, but i do not care about external guest talkers... it's not about you... it;s about paramore. I just watched a chunk of the acual interview and it just seemed like ANOTHER 'what is brand new eyes about' and 'what are the lyrics of brand new eyes about'. We get that, but let's move on.

The two people talking at the moment just speculating about speculation is really doing my head in, i don't want to hear from them, i want to hear the word from the horses mouth!Maybe im speaking to early... but i havent learnt anything new or worth tlaking about tbh

Yeah I didn't really like that. That was a little bad but I mean if that's how she feels I can't really blame her. I wouldn't want her to lie and say she will miss him if she doesn't.

she didn't really say she wouldn't miss him though

"I really going to miss Zac."

only Zac... really? I mean, I understand they're under tension but seriously, she won't miss Josh?

Oh, she probably will.

It shocked me that she said that.

I know she won't say it just to put Josh behind her and not to admit that she'll miss him, because a lot of what Josh said was aimed at her (not to mention what he said about the situation). The fact that it was on Joshs' blog made it seem as though it was just Josh who had written it, but who knows who did.

Oh, she probably will.

It shocked me that she said that.

I know she won't say it just to put Josh behind her and not to admit that she'll miss him, because a lot of what Josh said was aimed at her (not to mention what he said about the situation). The fact that it was on Joshs' blog made it seem as though it was just Josh who had written it, but who knows who did.

It doesn't matter, honestly. After all those years, after their relationship as friends and even more than that... I understand this is a TERRIBLE situation for them but for this to simple overwrite everything they had and for her to basically say she won't miss him is absolutely outrageous.