Paramore: The Last Word

Yeah, I agree with Chriss about where the two guys were talking...those parts in general really. So much ass-kissing going on. :P

I enjoyed it on the whole, some interesting parts in there, felt that the hype MTV piled on in general was just ridiculous.

Williams: But it just sucks so bad that fans would have to focus on that, even for a second. Because this has never been about me. I've hated anybody or anything that has ever made this about me. That's why I've worn shirts that say "Paramore is a band," time and time again; that's why we've written the songs we have; that's why you see the name "Paramore" on our album covers.

York: That's why the three of us are here talking to you.

Davis: And even if you go to the label, you'd technically have to pull out that [contract] to see [Hayley's name on it], because otherwise, it's Paramore stuff all over the walls, with all of us on it. And that's how it's been this entire time: We've all been fighting for the same thing. And with the fans, all the same way, so it's silly to think that.

Just because the media only ever talks about Hayley, doesn't mean it's all about her. Ignore them. Who is Paramore to you? If you don't want Paramore to just be about one person, don't talk about it like that's all it is.

I remember (recently) when Hayley reached 1 million followers on Twitter, her thank you tweet was effectively "please follow Paramore too" because she didn't want it to be all about her and apparently too many people follow her that don't follow the band. So anyone who still thinks, regardless, that she wanted it to be all about her is just flat out wrong. Hayley is and always was and will always be in it for the band, not for her. It's not her fault that she's the lead singer (who's bound to be in the forefront anyway) and happens to be a female (which puts her even more in the forefront). What else does she have to do to prove that she's part of a band and it's not just about her? Get a sex change? I mean honestly, come on!

I think that Josh has come across as a total douchebag, and I think that the band will be better off because of this. And Zac is a douche for following Josh, I know blood is thicker than water and all that, but I mean come on. Wrong is wrong and you don't always have to be a follower.

^ I don't think Zac was necessarily being a follower though, and I could never be mad at him. He had said plenty of times in interviews that he wasn't happy being away from home so much and missed seeing his younger siblings grow up. When Josh decided he was done with Paramore, Zac probably saw the opportunity to leave without having to put the band through that twice. Josh has also said that, even though he signed Zac's name on that statement, Zac wasn't ready to release his own statement, so we don't know if he was following Josh just cause he's his brother or because he genuinely just wasn't happy in a touring band anymore.

Regardless of why either of them left, I can't blame them for leaving if they weren't happy. Working at a job you grow to hate sucks, and when doing what you love isn't fun anymore that's even worse. Everyone involved is in a much better place than they were a few months ago though, and I'm happy about that.

Can you at least try to imagine that Hayley is not responsible of everything ? Josh has his faults too...

me? I actually think Hayley handled the interview very well minus a few points, but yeah I still don't like how people blame Josh for everything that is going on. But as I said I think Hayley handled the interview well.

Yeah they were upfront about everything, it was well done , I don't understand how some people want Hayley to say something about Josh...

Why should she say something she doesn't mean, if you read between the lines she's saying that they weren't close , that she didn't feel supported and loved so she would be really hypocrite if she said something positive about him...

It is what it is, it sucks that after 7 years their friendship is dead but it happens and Taylor insisted a lot about communication for the future, I think they have a very positive attitude facing all this and not just turning this into a childish war, I really wish Josh had done the same :(

haha true, I guess we're sorta mad at Josh because he broke the perfect image that we had of the band...

I wasn't so mad at any one member, as I was at myself for following them so long and being so naive to actually think they were all friends for awhile. It definitely became evident even before the break though.

I wasn't so mad at any one member, as I was at myself for following them so long and being so naive to actually think they were all friends for awhile. It definitely became evident even before the break though.

Yeah me too but in all fairness like they said they probably believed it would work this time...

Williams: But it just sucks so bad that fans would have to focus on that, even for a second. Because this has never been about me. I've hated anybody or anything that has ever made this about me. That's why I've worn shirts that say "Paramore is a band," time and time again; that's why we've written the songs we have; that's why you see the name "Paramore" on our album covers.

York: That's why the three of us are here talking to you.

Davis: And even if you go to the label, you'd technically have to pull out that [contract] to see [Hayley's name on it], because otherwise, it's Paramore stuff all over the walls, with all of us on it. And that's how it's been this entire time: We've all been fighting for the same thing. And with the fans, all the same way, so it's silly to think that.

Just because the media only ever talks about Hayley, doesn't mean it's all about her. Ignore them. Who is Paramore to you? If you don't want Paramore to just be about one person, don't talk about it like that's all it is.

fuck yeah go chriss

that was my favorite part of the interview

i even quoted hayley on twitter, maybe you saw it lol

also lol @ the people who expect hayley to say something about josh. if i was her, i wouldn't say something either.

and how would you even know if she really didn't say something about him? the interview was edited. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW (pun intended)

she never said she didn't miss him

and in her defense (let the hayley-ass-kissing accusations begin, because there's nothing better to say), Josh was incredibly harsh in his blog (i don't think it was Zac that typed it, nor had much thought about it, his name was just in the "signature" part of the blog) and attacked her and her family and management and hardly said anything positive at all. and they haven't spoken since. Why does Hayley suddenly have to talk about him "because they dated" (or because of how known they've long each other)? Well, Josh knows they dated, he merely mentioned it and didn't say anything good about it.

and really Hayley has done nothing more than try to be postive about all of this. which is what she needs, what Paramore needs, and what the fans and the rest of the world needs. she's even written a damn livejournal blog and we thought we'd never see that again. i just like to see some positivity.

it's not like she denied anything Josh said. And I'm actually not hating on Josh or calling him a douchebag at all, I'm just saying that Hayley has responded the way she's supposed to and she's answered the questions the MTV interview asked her in a legal manner (after all...if she went too deep into it, she'd get in trouble wouldn't she? as much as many of us, including myself, would have liked to know more, she wouldn't be allowed) so there's not much more we can ask from her. she just wants to move on now. this is it, from now on it's about hayley, jeremy and taylor and what they want to do with their life and the music they make.

because as much as i love you (and you know how much i do), every time a thread like this pops up, i mostly see you talking about Hayley's faults.

admit it!!! (pun intended, again)

so? no one else does :razz:

just cause that's what i mostly talk about doesn't mean it's all i think

people were attacking josh, i stood up for him, end of story