Paramore: The Last Word

Not trying to start anything, just trying to point out things that were said in this interview, which is the topic at hand. The band pointed out that they did know how the Farros felt about certain lyrics and they did talk about it and explain what was meant when they were written. The way they talk about it seems like after they talked, it was okay and that's why they still used the lines. Maybe Josh wasn't really okay with them and just sort of went along with it to avoid any further disagreement, but it's not like they never talked about it. Hayley also told someone on LJ today that they didn't use several songs because Josh wasn't okay with the lyrical content.

MTV: It only adds a new level to the record. There's a lot of things in here. They mention in their statement that there's a lyric in "Careful": "The truth never set me free so I did it myself," which they sort of see as you [denouncing] a Bible scripture. Can you talk about that lyric in particular, because it's gotten a lot of attention?

York: Well, I'll talk about that. When Hayley first came to us with those lyrics, we had a massive talk about it, because they voiced their concern. And the first thing Hayley said was, "Well, I get that, but honestly my intention is for it to say, 'Your truth really set me free.' I just didn't change it, but that's what I really mean." She wasn't saying "truth" as in what we believe in: She was saying "truth" as in what other people want you to believe, what they see as truth. It was never about what they are saying it's about. It's about other people forcing their beliefs on you, and if you don't meet their requirements, then you're doing a bad job. So, that was really misconstrued.

Not sure who's seen the interview or not, or only watched the live stream part that skipped about 3/4 of the actual interview, but please take a look at the whole thing (ParamoreFans.de posted the whole interview with no interruptions). If you don't want to watch it, there's a transcript:

http://www.mtv.com/n...rview-now.jhtml

Some posts people are making are just sounding exactly like the ones in the last thread about Josh and Zac leaving and like they didn't even take time to think about why both sides said what they said. It's really time to stop it with the name calling of band members and ex-band members though. If they can talk about it without cursing each other out in public, then so can we.

I locked the last one because all it became was fighting and it was making people uncomfortable. That is my job as a site administrator. Every single moderator on here agreed that it had become out of hand, and it was closed. It is not being reopened so people can start that again. We're also not restarting the back and forth argument about whether or not Josh or Hayley is "to blame" for any of this. Calling any of them douches or saying you don't forgive them isn't going to change anything that happened and yes, it's going to piss some people off.

These boards are not going to become a war zone for the next six months. Everyone has done their share of name calling and insulting both the band and each other, and that's it.

This is the last warning anyone's getting. No more calling Josh a douche or calling people who stick up for Hayley kiss-asses because the people who do it are asking for someone to start a fight with them. If you don't like it, the Sign Out button is at the top of the page.

It's sad when even the LiveJournal community has gotten over this faster than we have here. Move on already!

• Like 1

I agree with everything Chriss said above.

You're certainly entitled to your own opinion, but insulting any band members (past or present) or other members of these boards won't be tolerated and some of what I've seen in this thread and others crosses the line.

Personally, I think it's time for us all to move on from this topic - Paramore is now Hayley, Jeremy and Taylor. Let's talk about the future, not the past.

• Like 1

I wonder if the thing about her trying to go to another label and go solo was true

What thing about her trying to go to another label? From what everyone has said (including Josh) Hayley was offered a solo contract by the label. They wanted her as a solo artist. If she wanted to be a solo artist, she would be.

Not sure if it's okay to post here, but it's not too dead.

I thought the interview was handled very well.

Don't really care for MTV or anything it stands for, but whatever.

The three made their "peace" and it's over and done with.

I didn't analyze every detail and every movement Hayley, Taylor, or Jeremy made during the interview.

I trust that they're being at least a bit truthful.

I'm happy that this whole whirlwind of annoying news is over and it's back to the music.

Sure, I'll miss Josh and Zac, but I'd rather have a good positive album rather than another "I hate you all please get out of my life" album.

Not sure if it's okay to post here, but it's not too dead.

I thought the interview was handled very well.

Don't really care for MTV or anything it stands for, but whatever.

The three made their "peace" and it's over and done with.

I didn't analyze every detail and every movement Hayley, Taylor, or Jeremy made during the interview.

I trust that they're being at least a bit truthful.

I'm happy that this whole whirlwind of annoying news is over and it's back to the music.

Sure, I'll miss Josh and Zac, but I'd rather have a good positive album rather than another "I hate you all please get out of my life" album.

What is with everyone and the "I want the next album to be positive" thing, seriously? :???:

If you bought an album and discovered some of the lyrical content has depressing/pessimistic/cynical themes, are you just going to throw it out of the window?

Yes Harry that is my plan. ;-)

When people say that I don't think they'd mean they would hate it if it was alot of negativity, it could still be great if it was but they would just prefer if it was upbeat and happy over negative. I guess considering there was alot of negativity in BNE it'll be nice to see the opposite in a new album.

Personally, as long as it's good and I enjoy the music and lyrics I don't really care what it's about.

Real interesting. Just read Josh's statement. Pretty cool statement. Not sure what Hayleys trying to say entirely but I'm sure she's mature enough to have good wishes for the Farro's. Didn't bother to read the responses here or there though.