Celtic punk

HayleyRoxMySox

• 1 month later...

I used to live up in Boston, where this scene is huge. I only know a couple songs by these bands, but they're pretty awesome.

Nothing quite like hearing "Shipping Up To Boston" every night at Fenway Park (no Red Sox comments please. :P)!

Any songs you'd recommend? I hear a Pogues song on TV all the time, and I've been meaning to check out more.

I think I know the commercial you're referring to, the song is If I Should Fall From Grace With God. It's the Subaru commercial. Pretty much everything by the Pogues is awesome. Black 47 was good but took a bad turn the older they got. I still stick with DKM standards, the older stuff is better than the newer stuff. Even with Flogging Molly, they have a new album coming out in May and I heard one of the songs on it, not very impressed. I'll continue to stick with the older songs.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember St. Patricks day 7 years ago, I was 21 and a bunch, almost 22 so it was the first St. Pats day I could legally drink, I went up to Boston with a couple of friends from work and saw DKM twice. On the way, we stopped in Rhode Island to see the parade and one of my friends brothers who went to school up there. We got so shitfaced, I don't know how the hell we made it from there to Boston that night. I remember the drive felt like being on a rollercoaster, and I was in a really bad way, like I can't believe I didn't die from alcohol poisoning. The old adage "24 beers in a case, 24 hours in a day", I had that pace beat real early on. At one point, we had run out of beer, so we pull into this convenience store parking lot, all my friends were 20, so it was up to me. I got out of the car, puked all over the parking lot, and then went in and bought another case for the four of us to split.

By the time the next morning rolled around, which was actually St. Patricks Day, I swore I wasn't going to drink anything alcoholic the rest of the trip because I was just thankful to still be alive. It took almost two days to recover completely, but by the night of the 2nd show, I was probably the only sober person there. The funniest part is that I remember every detail of that trip vividly, in spite of how completely wasted I was.