These boards are dead.

The Drummer

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just seems like people are afraid to start new threads or respond to the ones people do post. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears cause I hate that no one is here!

We run our news through Tumblr, and once I linked our Tumblr and Twitter accounts, we started getting reblogged like crazy. Of course once I realized people were still interested, I started linking news stories to posts on the boards saying, "Talk about it on our boards!!" and still, nobody joined in on the conversation.

I realize we probably lost a few regular members after Josh and Zac left, but the site is still doing alright, the boards just aren't.

Maybe I'll try tweeting it? Is it just cause we have pretty much no South American fans here so no one's keeping up with the current tour?

EDIT: Just tweeted about ir from the PF Twitter and RT'd to my own friends...

ei702q.png

Now they just need to join or login. :P

I think there are a lot less people on here regularly is because of school. That's my best guess, because most regulars are more around my age and are in college and things like that.

Also, I think this thread will probably become a hot topic and a lot of people will post to this proving the forum is dead, but indeed it will spark something, so good thread idea, Jedd.

And Criss... I like how we could see who the anonymous user was, lol.

Contests? Promotion? I don't know. I try to keep our facebook page going to show people we're still around and I also posted our tumblr account there.

Gotta try to get going again.

I didn't come on for a long ass time because I'm teaching night school now twice a week and I don't get home until 10, then it's right to sleep so I can get up at 5:30 the next day and do it again. Then on weekends I'm tutoring, and if it's not working at work, it's working at home. I'm really not liking this whole growing older and shitloads of responsibility business at all. I am trying to budget my time better so that I actually can get on here more often, but it's tough working what amounts to 3 jobs and the fact that the only time I'm not tired anymore is when I'm sleeping.

I have some FBR street team promo posters we could give away, but it gets expensive having to buy the huge envelopes for those and paying postage. The photo also includes Josh and Zac, so I don't know it people would see it as rare and cool or sad and mean. lol

And Criss... I like how we could see who the anonymous user was, lol.

Haha yeah, I think after the last board update a few weeks ago, it changed something so a few of the mods and admins were being logged on as anonymous, but we couldn't figure out why cause none of us had ever logged out. I figured it out, and now I'm not an anon anymore. Hooray! :P

I have some FBR street team promo posters we could give away, but it gets expensive having to buy the huge envelopes for those and paying postage. The photo also includes Josh and Zac, so I don't know it people would see it as rare and cool or sad and mean. lol

Contests tend to work for a week or so, then they just stop posting once the contest is over. But maybe a few will stay.

But yeah, they are expensive to ship and everything.

Haha yeah, I think after the last board update a few weeks ago, it changed something so a few of the mods and admins were being logged on as anonymous, but we couldn't figure out why cause none of us had ever logged out. I figured it out, and now I'm not an anon anymore. Hooray! :P

I actually have alot of those posters too!

I don't think I was logged in as anonymous... well not that I know of

Yeah, it was only a few of us. I was and I think Dustin was too. Not sure about Ross though. In fact, right after I said that, I noticed I was back to anonymous. I think it might've had to do with the Invision Power iPhone app, which I use a lot. As soon as I logged out on there and signed back in, it totally stopped.That would actually explain why it was just me and Dustin, now that I think about it. I know he uses that app too.

Y'hit the nail on the head dawg. However just making this thread isn't going to pop the memory of this forum into the members heads. Eh it's a struggle but another album and maybe we'll be good to go? I wonder how it is at the other Paramore forums though...And just when I started to get into the new album too.

I really think it's just a matter of those of us who are here keeping conversations going in new and recent threads. That way when people who haven't been here in a while come back, they have people to interact with. If they come here and nothing's been said in three days, they might comment, but then there's no one else to talk to so they'll leave.

I do think that when Paramore comes back to the US and starts sharing lyrics, song titles, etc. for this new EP, people will get excited and come back. The PFC forums are doing okay, but there are a lot more members there than on here. LJ was dead for a while, but recently people have started posting a little more there too, so I guess we just have to wait our turn.

We're planning a little bit of a redesign to celebrate the band's optimistic outlook on the future (just some lighter colors and newer photos), so maybe what we'll do when we launch that is send out a mass email to all the members of the boards with a little Paramore update and an invite back to the boards. Until then, let's just try to keep this place as active as we can and just converse with each other.

Yup, the design is pretty much decided on. It's actually executing a layout change that takes time, but we're definitely on it. That new Lindsey Byrnes promo photo was a big inspiration. :)

I really think it's just a matter of those of us who are here keeping conversations going in new and recent threads. That way when people who haven't been here in a while come back, they have people to interact with. If they come here and nothing's been said in three days, they might comment, but then there's no one else to talk to so they'll leave.

yeah, that describes me. i didn't come on here for a loooong time but then once it just popped up in my head that i should look what's happening on here... and nothing really.

but yeah, at least now i drop a line here and then and i even made myself make a new sig and ava for myself haha.

i just don't know what happened to these boards, i mean i started to be an active poster more than three years ago... and if you look at how many posts i have, you can see i was indeed very active for a long time. people may even remember me, but yeah, then i basically just stopped posting for some reason. i guess that's what happened to most ~old~ members as well cause now they are just gone. so these boards either need new members or we could find a way to bring people back... if they want to, of course.

...okay i don't think i made sense here haha

/rant

Give away M&G passes, rig it so I win of course, but don't tell anyone that ;-)

Honestly though, I think everyone knows Paramore knows us (not personally, but knows of us) and they would possibly be more than happy to help out with t-shirts or posters or something for a contest. What band wants their fan site to be a ghost town?

Just a couple Idea's off the top of my head, although I'm not sure if a one of them is feasible.

If it's possible, have a section of the forum where all tweets by the members of the band are automatically posted and members of the forum can comment of them. Same thing for the band member's Tumblr accounts etc. I'm not to familiar with either site, so I don't know if this is possible to implement, but if it is possible, I think it should be done. The problem I think is that right now people go to the bands' twitters or Tumblr accounts etc to keep up with the band, and since they can comment there anyways, they don't feel the need to go to another site like this forum to comment on things. If all the band's tweets and other stuff was automatically posted here, people might come here more often for news and updates on the band and since they are here already, might be more inclined to comment on anything the band said that they find interesting/amusing etc.

Also, in the "other" section of the forum, I think you should have a section for random pictures, and one for videos. Yes I know you can already post pictures and videos in the off topic section, but I think you should have them each as a separate section. It would probably take a little while to get going, but on most forums I've been on that have a picture and/or video section, they are usually 2 of the most active sections of the forum.

^ those are good ideas.

The only thing I can think of is competitions, but as you said, it's expensive. I know it's unlikely, but maybe we could get the band involved. Say if they visited just the once, then the word would get around, but that's highly unlikely.

Also the conversation message notifiers. Those are hella annoying. I just kept forgetting to bring it up until now. Like i check the notifier number thinger and get to where it shows me that I "have a private message" and it shows yet another link to get to the actual message. Hard to explain but...

Just a couple Idea's off the top of my head, although I'm not sure if a one of them is feasible.

If it's possible, have a section of the forum where all tweets by the members of the band are automatically posted and members of the forum can comment of them. Same thing for the band member's Tumblr accounts etc. I'm not to familiar with either site, so I don't know if this is possible to implement, but if it is possible, I think it should be done. The problem I think is that right now people go to the bands' twitters or Tumblr accounts etc to keep up with the band, and since they can comment there anyways, they don't feel the need to go to another site like this forum to comment on things. If all the band's tweets and other stuff was automatically posted here, people might come here more often for news and updates on the band and since they are here already, might be more inclined to comment on anything the band said that they find interesting/amusing etc.

Also, in the "other" section of the forum, I think you should have a section for random pictures, and one for videos. Yes I know you can already post pictures and videos in the off topic section, but I think you should have them each as a separate section. It would probably take a little while to get going, but on most forums I've been on that have a picture and/or video section, they are usually 2 of the most active sections of the forum.

Good ideas. and what we can do with the video/picture thread, instead of making their own section we can always sticky them to the top of the off topic section.

Also the conversation message notifiers. Those are hella annoying. I just kept forgetting to bring it up until now. Like i check the notifier number thinger and get to where it shows me that I "have a private message" and it shows yet another link to get to the actual message. Hard to explain but...

I think I know what you're talking about and I'm pretty sure you can alter your settings so that it's not like that.

Hayley mentioned the site when she said happy birthday to Brent.

@yelyahwilliams

Happy bday to 1 of our longtime friends, old-schoolest fans, & part-runner of paramorefans.com, @thebrowncoat!!

This was Friday, though I'm not sure if any activity came out of it.

yeah, that describes me. i didn't come on here for a loooong time but then once it just popped up in my head that i should look what's happening on here... and nothing really.

but yeah, at least now i drop a line here and then and i even made myself make a new sig and ava for myself haha.

i just don't know what happened to these boards, i mean i started to be an active poster more than three years ago... and if you look at how many posts i have, you can see i was indeed very active for a long time. people may even remember me, but yeah, then i basically just stopped posting for some reason. i guess that's what happened to most ~old~ members as well cause now they are just gone. so these boards either need new members or we could find a way to bring people back... if they want to, of course.

...okay i don't think i made sense here haha

/rant

Same here. :/ i got my computer cleaned up a few weeks ago and then automatically logged out of here and forgot about the site. then i came back once, took a short look on what has happened so far, but nothing really did so i didn't see the point of logging in to be honest. because,basically, i'm talking much more to those people who are still active on here on twitter, rather than coming here and have an extra talk with them because they're always the same 3, 4 people posting anyway.

if you'd have asked me a year ago what i'd do without pf, i'd have given you a slap and gone crazy because i seriously couldn't imagine to spend one day without having been on here, but now i just don't bother that much any more because nothing which would be really exciting or new to me happens anyway. and seeing myself writing this kind of makes me sad.

^ Fran, I think it's the same way for most of us, myself included. There was a point where I'd be off for a month at a time, I don't think I was even on back in December. I remember coming on every night when I had internet at home and just being on for a few hours confessing and playing games. I guess some things'll just won't be the same again. At least we still have Facebook and Twitter to keep connected for when this site loses it's regulars and becomes a ghost town (but let's just hope that doesn't happen).

I loved this community when it was alive and I know I'm probably not the favorite around here among the mods but I still love it here, I wish it was a little more active though, makes posting just seem unappealing, ya know? Probably sounds hypocritical but it feels pointless to post if there's no one to respond anyway.

If there's any way I can help, let me know.