These boards are dead.

The Drummer

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree with you though, Erin.

But why shouldn't you be the favourite among the mods on here? Sounds as if you think you're unloved. But you aren't -I do love you, you know. ;)

Absolutely no need to get into that. What's done is done. and I love you too Franny.

I'm trying to post as much as possible and do what I can to promote the site.

lol....

Cause people spend more time posting things like "the boards are dead" than posting (somewhat) constructive posts in other threads.

;-)

You seem to have taken this quite personally, it wasn't a dig at you. I log in here infrequently at best and all I ever see is people just posting things like "this place is dead" and "I miss the old PF" instead of other posts in other threads which might garner replies. My two posts you highlights garnered two replies alone plus this response here (and my longer reply in the Josh thread which I was typing as you replied here). Again, was an observation, not a dig at you.

;-)

You seem to have taken this quite personally, it wasn't a dig at you. I log in here infrequently at best and all I ever see is people just posting things like "this place is dead" and "I miss the old PF" instead of other posts in other threads which might garner replies. My two posts you highlights garnered two replies alone plus this response here (and my longer reply in the Josh thread which I was typing as you replied here). Again, was an observation, not a dig at you.

haha nothing personal, don't worry about it :P

I used to really enjoy this place .. but then with the whole site make-over I pretty much stopped going on here regularly and it seems like quite a lot more people did.

Sucks 'cause it used to be fun.

Edit: this site doesn't work properly when I use the app on my iPod and it doesn't work properly on my laptop either (can't view my old posts etc etc) wich is the main reason I never get on here. The old one worked fine and this one just.. blegh.

Petty as it may be, the layout is a large reason for why I don't bother anymore. I'll log in now and then, but it'll be so slow and awkward that I'll give up and go back to tumblr. Tetris should be brought back too. xD

Amen. Don't fix what isn't broken, but I understand why they wanted to try to make it more welcoming but unfortunately it worked in the opposite favor..

In before you needed to send me an email heh.

Well, get ready for another "Harry brings you his famous wall of text huge post" type post. That's if you even remember me for that, seeing as how I haven't been around for quite a while, heh.

It hasn't been because of the cosmetic change. That would be quite frankly a really shallow reason to stop coming to a forum board. I don't give a shit about the cosmetic change, it looks fine to me.

Who cares if there's cosmetic change if the discussion is still interesting and plentiful anyway? A cosmetic change of a forum board wouldn't stop me from coming if that were the case.

Unfortunately, I feel it is the case that there is virtually no real interesting discussion.

I still lurk now and then, and a few times came close to logging in to reply to something, but just didn't bother really.

I just don't really have much to contribute to any of the topics.

Looking in the Everything main section, let's see what we've got :

I don't care about the Grammy awards, or who wins or doesn't win. I don't know what "Jeopardy" is. I don't really know what the whole Live Journal thing is about and lastly, I don't own any Paramore merchandise and have no plans to buy any, at least not any time soon.

New EP Topic, that's interesting I suppose, something I could post in maybe after I finish typing this up.

Guess it also doesn't help that I can't relate to a lot of the general musical taste on this board, which means I don't have much to say in the "Other Music" forum either.

I can't sit there all day and post in the "The Confession Thread" or "The Rant" threads or whatever.

There are other forum boards that move much faster that offer me much more interesting stuff to read on a much more regular basis, or provide me with me more lulz and well also the fact life in general is just busier for me now and I'm not on the computer anywhere near as much as when I first started posting at this board.

Sometimes people just move on and find other things, something you guys just gotta accept, not just this forum board, but life in general. I still talk to some of the former regulars here on other places, and it doesn't seem like they have any intention of coming back here any time soon, if at all.

I still listen to Paramore and their albums, as I do a whole ton of other bands and albums, and still almost always play at least one Paramore song a day on guitar, so its nothing against the band.

Maybe I might post a cover of one of their songs if I get around to it.

I may still log in from time to time, but don't see myself making even a once a weekly appearance, let alone daily

I think the main problem now is that with Twitter and Tumblr, people are used to get news and comment directly and quickly.

I also ran a forum about Paramore, but it's not as active as it was like 2-3 years ago, so now I'm focusing on Twitter...

Anyway, I really like this forum. I've never posted a lot, and I'm posting once and a while in the Paramore section, but it's still great to talk with other fans, especially when there are debates, it's easier to post huge paragraphs on a forum! And PF.com is in my Favorites since I've discovered the band, so, I don't think I could ever give up on it!

Maybe with the new EP more people will go on here, or come back. That would be great to run contests, and to have other interviews, as Paramore knows this website.

Yeah Harry I totally understand. Speaking of the "Other Music" subforum, the lack of posting minus a few threads makes it so eh to come online anymore. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love paramore, but they're news (which is pretty much nothing at the moment) isn't enough to keep it going here. I'll still come and post a few popcorn posts and such but it's not like I'm losing any sleep if I don't come on here.

The one thing I don't understand is if people aren't interested in the posts we have, why don't they create a new post about something they DO want to talk about? I can relate to people naturally just moving on cause I know I've moved on from several other boards in the past just cause I lost interest, but I hear too much "There were no interesting posts, so I logged off."

I still don't get the whole problem with the board redesign though. All forum software is basically the same and if you can post on one board, you can post on them all. If it's running slow for you, it's because you checked it out once or twice and never gave your browser time to store all the board's cookies. If I were to delete my cookies for this site, it would run wicked slow too, until I browsed it for a little while.

We were having quite a few problems with the old boards that we couldn't fix because we didn't have a supported version of the vBulletin software anymore, and it would've been more expensive to upgrade that. All I can say is give it another chance. If you don't like this layout, there are a few other ones you can select from the dropdown menu at the bottom of the page. I've posted on IP Boards, phpBB, vBulletin, and that horrible one the PFC has, and they're all basically the same thing.

@Ross I've been thinking about sending out a email blast to all board members with a bunch of recent news on the band. We should talk about the kind of stuff we want to include in it and get that going.

@Olivia Once more news comes out about the new EP, I'd love to do a few contests (maybe FBR will supply us with prizes) and maybe an interview. That would be so sweet. :)

PS - We have a Twitter and a Tumblr for Paramore Fans. I don't know if people know that.

Twitter: @paramorefans

Tumblr:paramorefansdotcom.tumblr.com (Right now, it's the same news as on the main page, but once we switch over to WordPress eventually, we'll reblog other Paramore stuff.)

I think the main problem now is that with Twitter and Tumblr, people are used to get news and comment directly and quickly.

That's a sad development I've noticed too lately. Twitter and Tumblr are taking over the "new generation" of users so hard lately that they just doin't care about having a decent coversation on a board any more. A few years back we were the teenager fans having spent a lot time with fan work, exchanges, etc. on boards but now as we grow older we don't have the time any more to keep it up that constantly to fill a whole board. And it makes me sad to see that there are so many other fans out there who rather just keep reblogging stuff or making single tweets on their own than having a real conversation on boards, what is much more fun if you ask me.

I've had to go through the same shit with my boards I made up a year ago or something because I thought there were so many YMAS fans out there that it'd be a cool thing to run a forum where everyone could meet up and exchange. But it's literally dead because the teens of today just seem to be capable of reblogging a post without any comment or just add something like <3 or :'D to it.

That's sad.

^ Yup, that's the one main thing that Twitter and Tumblr lack: the ability to have an actual conversation about something. You can reblog and reply all you want on Tumblr, but you'll never be able to have a full-fledged conversation. At least on Twitter, you can talk back to people, but only in 140 characters or less, and you can't have conversations with whole groups of people at once. It's true that the more and more advanced online communication gets, the more antisocial people become, and that's just lame. I may not be talking to you face to face right now, but at least I'm not just hitting the "Like" button and considering that my conversation for the day.

I wouldn't go that far. As a generation, there is plenty we can do to encourage people to interact with each other and not just get lost on "like" buttons and 140 character posts. Maybe not for one website, but for the future, definitely. If you have friends who like Paramore, encourage them to join the board. People might realize there's more to it than reblogging.

Not trying to put PF down or anything, but I'm a member of a few other band/artist forums (bands which aren't as big as Paramore) and the forums are still pretty active.

I agree that Twitter/Tumblr helps spread news quicker, but I don't think that should stop/is stopping people from discussing the news