These boards are dead.

The Drummer

The fact that Twitter and Tumblr has changed anything proves that the people who left weren't the ones posting notable posts in the first place. If they were, they would have stuck around because, as it was said, you can't exactly have a conversation about something on tumblr or twitter.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree!! The "Like" button is the worst. Now people don't even want to go further, they just say "yes, exactly", while debating with real words is much better. But unfortunately there's nothing we can do :/

I have to agree with Chriss saying that I wouldn't go that far for now, but the process you're talking about is definitely in progress.

I already notice that when I'm exchanging mails (with someone I know in person the same way as with someone I only know on the net) that they're just not that long and nice any more as they may were a few years ago. People are becomíng lazier in everything, it rather seems to be easier to answer a question like "What do you think about Paramore?", for example, with " they r gr8." instead of telling you that they like the band and exchange some more thoughts or experiences with you of their ownn accord. What you don't ask for you don't get to know and that's it.

Yeah, maybe I'm exaggerating, but I really have the feeling that now, people just want to have the news at the time it's posted. With Twitter, you just need to post the news and in like 1 minute it can be all over the web. And once it's done, you wait for the next news and so on...

I'm not the kind of person who is always connected on her phone (personally I'm only using my phone to text and to...phone), and I'm amazed to see all these people who are looking at their phones every 2 minutes, reading the new tweets posted etc... It's pretty sad.

I'm not the kind of person who is always connected on her phone (personally I'm only using my phone to text and to...phone), and I'm amazed to see all these people who are looking at their phones every 2 minutes, reading the new tweets posted etc... It's pretty sad.

Haha that's me.. but let's be honest, with a smartphone, it's almost impossible to not get addicted.

Yeah, maybe I'm exaggerating, but I really have the feeling that now, people just want to have the news at the time it's posted. With Twitter, you just need to post the news and in like 1 minute it can be all over the web. And once it's done, you wait for the next news and so on...

I completely agree, that's why I'm quitting Facebook too, I want to have my life back ^^

and just to say if I'm less on the board it's because I'm crazy busy with school

Well, I just don't make new topics about stuff I'm interested in simply because they aren't going to go anywhere. Maybe 5 responses at most, heh.

As for the whole Twitter/Tumblr thing causing members of PF to stop posting/losing interest, I don't really buy that so much.

Admittedly I'm not really clued up about how Twitter/Tumblr work, since I'm the kinda person that is always very late to join social networking sites (and that's if I even bother at all), but seriously, I really don't think they have much to do with the decline of members posting here.

Even when there WASN'T new Paramore news, the regulars still came here and posted all the time anyway. Also, some former regular members people have become quite disinterested in Paramore as of late, so they are probably aren't checking what the band is posting on Twitter, let alone coming to this board for news.

Hence why I don't buy the Tumblr/Twitter much at all.

It has to do with OVERALL interest in the board itself, nothing to do with lack of news or whatever. I've spoken to Kayla aka "watchthesky", which many of you would know as someone who used to spend hours and hours here, just posting and having conversation with others in the profile

message thing, and well it doesn't seem like she has any intention of really ever coming back, at least not any time soon anyway. Why? Partly because she isn't an avid fan of the band like she used to be, and just generally she isn't that interested in this board anymore.

And I have no doubt she is hardly the only one that feels that way.

If people feel that way, just let it be really. I quite honestly thing that sending emails isn't really going to draw people back here.

If people want to come back here on their own accord, they will. If not, then that's just how it's going to be really.

I think it's just really the reality of band specific forums anyway.

I regularly post at Ultimatemetal.com, which is a board that has a ton of official forums for quite a fair bit of metal bands, and some of the forums are outright dead, or at most someone might post in there every couple of months.

The boards I post at far more regularly are always the more broad ranged type ones and in general, those type of forums/boards are typically much more active than stuff that is much more specific.

Even some of the more active ones generally don't get anywhere near as much responses as the General Metal Discussion forum.

Yeah, but people say that all the time. "It'll be alright when they tour" "It'll be alright when we have some news" "It'll be alright when they release the EP"

I just don't think people are coming back, and I think that Paramore fans are going more toward the masses, who don't post on internet message boards.

The boards I post at far more regularly are always the more broad ranged type ones and in general, those type of forums/boards are typically much more active than stuff that is much more specific.

I think that is a problem, this forum is very specific to one thing, the band. And I get that this being a Paramore forum, it's going to focus mainly on Paramore, but I think the "Other" section could stand to be expanded as well to include other things that people find interesting/amusing etc. that way if a member doesn't feel like discussing Paramore for a few weeks or so, they may still come on the forum to discuss other things and they will still be active here if they do feel like making a comment on something Paramore related.

As of right now, besides Paramore there isn't a whole lot else to keep someone's interest on this forum, so if I didn't feel like discussing Paramore for a while, I wouldn't come here because there isn't a whole lot else here I'm interested in discussing at the moment, and once someone leaves for a while, they often move on and don't return.

Having the "Other Music" "Off Topic" and "Game" sections are a start, but could be supplemented with other sections as well to provide more variety to the forums which would be an improvement in my opinion. Like I said before, maybe a video section, and a picture section, a lot of people are interested in sports, maybe add a sport section etc. Just think of some things to add some variety. The more variety there is, the more there is to keep members interested in the forums, the more interest they have in the forum, the more active they're likely to be.

Just my opinion.

I think that is a problem, this forum is very specific to one thing, the band. And I get that this being a Paramore forum, it's going to focus mainly on Paramore, but I think the "Other" section could stand to be expanded as well to include other things that people find interesting/amusing etc. that way if a member doesn't feel like discussing Paramore for a few weeks or so, they may still come on the forum to discuss other things and they will still be active here if they do feel like making a comment on something Paramore related.

Well, I post on artist forums that are specially made to one band/artist also, and they are still active.

But I do agree about the "Off-Topic" section. This needs to be expanded more.. or used more.

It seems like there are just a bunch of stickies on this forum, instead of a ton of different topics to discuss.

I'd like to remind everyone about the Comments, Suggestions, Questions, and Help thread: http://paramorefans....tions-and-help/

If everybody wants more forums or has any ideas to improve the user experience here, PLEASE go post there with specific things you'd like to see change here. So many people have posted about other boards they're on being so much more active and that they wish these boards were more like them feature-wise, but no one ever posts in the section devoted to voicing your opinions on what we need to do to make these boards better. I think the most activity the Suggestions section has gotten in the past three months was someone asking where the holiday theme went, haha. It's there for a reason, and I would love nothing more than to come here one day and see ten new suggestion posts in there and then take action on all of them.

I feel kinda awkward to confess now that I'm always twitter connected everywhere due to my phone. :ph34r:

haha this, especially now that i've figured out how to connect to the school's wifi... laugh.gif

--

i can't help but rant about this again...

and i might even capitalize cause it's impossible to read, jeez...

The thing about me is that i've [of course] changed. Back when the spam thread was active i spent hours talking there to people... i don't think i could do that now. I don't know, i'm just not that bubbly anymore... you get what i mean? Although maybe i could, i don't know. There isn't anyone to talk to anyway.

I really miss the times when someone would write "hey guys" or something in the spam thread and there immediately were people responding and talking about basically anything.

And about other off topic threads, i post something now and then if i have something to say, but most of the time i'm just like "why would i post there, nobody even remembers me, it's like i'm talking to myself... nobody cares" lol.

I also think the new songs might bring some members back here... but i'm not so sure.

I retract my earlier statement. I'm now viewing PF through Firefox and it's so much quicker. Damn you internet explorer. :nono:

Anywho, I'm going to try to come on and post my nonsense a little more.

You're a trooper for using Internet Explorer for this long. Internet Explorer is the worst browser. That's not opinion. It's factual information.

haha this, especially now that i've figured out how to connect to the school's wifi... laugh.gif

--

i can't help but rant about this again...

and i might even capitalize cause it's impossible to read, jeez...

The thing about me is that i've [of course] changed. Back when the spam thread was active i spent hours talking there to people... i don't think i could do that now. I don't know, i'm just not that bubbly anymore... you get what i mean? Although maybe i could, i don't know. There isn't anyone to talk to anyway.

I really miss the times when someone would write "hey guys" or something in the spam thread and there immediately were people responding and talking about basically anything.

And about other off topic threads, i post something now and then if i have something to say, but most of the time i'm just like "why would i post there, nobody even remembers me, it's like i'm talking to myself... nobody cares" lol.

I also think the new songs might bring some members back here... but i'm not so sure.

I'm glad you bring this up. It's not just you that has changed. It's everyone. Everyone changes. When we're young, there's not a care in the world besides our hobbies and interests. When we have the time and effort, posting on forums is easy and can take up all of your time, because you have the time and effort to give. When you get older, you have a job, school, a life, etc. to take care of. It happens with everyone. One generation of people moves on, and eventually a new generation fills their shoes on the forums. This happens on all websites. So don't feel bad or feel like it's just you. It's everyone. And it's just a natural progression everyone goes through. You and I included. We change, and that's how things go. Glad you brought that up. It's one reason why we can't use the band as an excuse for lack of activity. We need to account for people just simply not having the availability, or interest in posting on forums all day.