These boards are dead.

The Drummer

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think there's a collection of reasons for the boards dying.

I think Paramore changed (not necessarily for the better) and then the boards changed (again maybe not for the better). Some might say that the cosmetic change of the boards shouldn't make a difference, but I think it clearly has. Some things still confuse me (but I've been on maybe 3 times in the last year). Personally I'd already left before the change, but coming on here knowing that all the thousands of messages and hundreds of conversations I had with people on my profile are gone, gives me zero motivation to make any effort on here. People remember the "good old days" of Paramore in the same way they think about these forums.

For me I went off Paramore's music, my opinion of Hayley dropped, and I didn't like the attitude of the mods and so I ended up just coming here for the people on the boards. Now that I either have them on MSN, or I'm following them on tumblr/twitter I don't "need" to come on here anymore.

If you guys are planning on switching to WordPress you might wanna take a look at BuddyPress as a possible way to resurrect the place.

One last thing, the majority of active members on the boards didn't check the main site anyway so if the main site is still "active" then it's no different to before.