New EP Due This Summer

Chriss

Why haven't we discussed the fact that Paramore will be going back into the studio with Rob Cavallo to record a few songs for an EP that will be released THIS SUMMER????

Paramore’s Hayley Williams has confirmed that the band are planning on releasing new music this summer.

Speaking to AOL Music, Williams confirmed that the band will release an EP this summer before a full-length album is released at a later date. Although few details are confirmed as-of-yet, the record will feature ‘In The Mourning’, an acoustic track which the band premiered on their website soon after the departure of guitarist and drummer Josh and Zac Farro.

She said: "All the details aren't worked out yet, but we definitely do want to release ‘In the Mourning’ and some other ones before we put out a record."

The band will enter the studio after they complete their current South American tour, the first shows that the band have played since the departure of the brothers late last year. The new material will be recorded with Rob Cavallo, who worked on their successful 2009 release ‘Brand New Eyes’.

Williams continued to assert that their eventual full-length release will "definitely have some heavy songs", while it is thought that the EP will contain more acoustic material and digressions from the band’s recognisable pop-punk sound.

You can watch a live version of ‘In The Mourning’ below, which the band performed last Friday (February 19th) in Rio De Janeiro.

-http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/163658/46

Also, Hayley said this to someone on LJ yesterday:

34qmibb.png

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha, that's pretty much how I feel too. Hayley said they'll probably do some random other things, which I'm guessing will be random shows, promotion, etc. I hope they come to the East Coast cause I miss them so much.

I really wish In The Mourning wasn't one of the songs they are going to release. An EP is short enough without not liking one of the songs right off the bat. Also, I'm not sure I like the sound of this "acoustic material and digressions from the band’s recognizable pop-punk sound". I'll have to have a listen to it before I decide whether or not to buy it.

The "acoustic sounding" stuff is just what the writer of the article as speculating, not what Hayley, Jeremy, or Taylor said, so I wouldn't hold them to that part. They've talked about the other demos they've done being much heavier and upbeat, so I'd go more with that. If they want Rob Cavallo producing it, it's not gonna be all acoustic. He's too much of a punk rock producer for that.

I read about this somewhere and I don't know how I wasn't more excited. But hearing about it again now, I'm really looking forward to it. And this 'darker' sound is interesting. Songs like 'Ignorance' were described as darker by some and I loved them so they should be pretty awesome! :D

The "acoustic sounding" stuff is just what the writer of the article as speculating, not what Hayley, Jeremy, or Taylor said, so I wouldn't hold them to that part. They've talked about the other demos they've done being much heavier and upbeat, so I'd go more with that. If they want Rob Cavallo producing it, it's not gonna be all acoustic. He's too much of a punk rock producer for that.

I hope you're right. I like most of the acoustic versions of their songs that they've done so far, so to be honest I wouldn't be to upset if it was something similar to that (although I do still prefer it not to be an acoustic EP). I just don't want an EP full of songs like In The Mourning.

^ Yeah, I'd hope since they're aiming for a summer release, they'd make a more summer-y, upbeat and loud album and not an "it's the middle of winter, it's dark, and I'm depressed" kind of album. That's what I hope anyway.

Hahaha, that's pretty much how I feel too. Hayley said they'll probably do some random other things, which I'm guessing will be random shows, promotion, etc. I hope they come to the East Coast cause I miss them so much.

YES!

They love us they HAVE to come back :D

^ Yeah, I'd hope since they're aiming for a summer release, they'd make a more summer-y, upbeat and loud album and not an "it's the middle of winter, it's dark, and I'm depressed" kind of album. That's what I hope anyway.

haha yeah the last thing I'd want to hear is something that makes me think of winter when it's 90 degrees out and I'm enjoying my time off.

I'm really excited about this. With all their songs being life experiences then i fully expect some stuff to be surrounding the departure of Josh and Zac. I firmly believe this is what Hayley means by being "darker" as isnt that what she described Ignorance as?

I'm so glad that they're going for a new sound. Not that I don't LOVE the original paramore, it's going to be amazing to see more of Taylor and Jeremy's take on their music and how they write.

If they are trying a new sound, I'm apprehensive but open minded. A band changing their sound up can often be a good thing and keeps them from becoming stale and repetitive, but sometimes it turns out to be a complete disaster. Here's hoping for the best.

If they are trying a new sound, I'm apprehensive but open minded. A band changing their sound up can often be a good thing and keeps them from becoming stale and repetitive, but sometimes it turns out to be a complete disaster. Here's hoping for the best.

either way, i will be purchasing that EP the day it comes out!

I'll definitely buy it, but if the new sound sucks (which I'm completely confident it won't suck) I'll be kind of disappointed.

But hey, a long time ago Bad Religion put out "Into The Unknown" and every human being alive on planet Earth knew it sucked and they had to go back to their normal sound, so bands can put out pure shit and then realize it was a mistake and come back stronger with their original sound.

either way, i will be purchasing that EP the day it comes out!

I don't blindly purchase any albums anymore. I've done that with albums in the past and have been very disappointed on more than a few occasions, and although I'm not hurting for money, I still don't have enough to go throwing it away on sub par albums. I'll do what I do with every album now, I'll listen to it online and if I like it, only then will I go spend money on it.

That's amazing news. I hope that it's heavier and darker and includes death growls from Hayley!

I hope not. I wouldn't mind it being heavier, or darker, but no to the death growls from Hayley. It would be interesting to hear, but that can be a major strain on some singers voices, and Hayley has enough trouble keeping her voice in shape as it is.

I don't blindly purchase any albums anymore. I've done that with albums in the past and have been very disappointed on more than a few occasions, and although I'm not hurting for money, I still don't have enough to go throwing it away on sub par albums. I'll do what I do with every album now, I'll listen to it online and if I like it, only then will I go spend money on it.

I hope not. I wouldn't mind it being heavier, or darker, but no to the death growls from Hayley. It would be interesting to hear, but that can be a major strain on some singers voices, and Hayley has enough trouble keeping her voice in shape as it is.

Back in the day, I was a member of Columbia House. I got suckered in by their offer of 11 CD's for 1 cent and I ended up buying a lot of albums that I didn't necessarily want but I liked one or two songs that I'd heard on the radio. What I learned from this experience was that a lot of bands in the 90's who had really great songs on the radio picked that song to be their single because the rest of their songs fucking sucked. Now I have stacks of CD's I got dirt cheap that I know I'll never listen to again. I mean you had to pay shipping per CD, so it ended up being like $2 an album, but retrospectively I wish I'd been more careful what I picked. I used to buy them when they had like they buy 1 get 20 free specials, there'd be a bunch of CD's I wanted and then I'd get up to number 10 and be like what the hell should I get to fill in the rest of the order?

That said, I have so much respect for Paramore that I would blindly buy the EP and if it sucks it sucks. I trust that they wouldn't put out shit so I'm comfortable spending the money.

Back in the day, I was a member of Columbia House. I got suckered in by their offer of 11 CD's for 1 cent and I ended up buying a lot of albums that I didn't necessarily want but I liked one or two songs that I'd heard on the radio. What I learned from this experience was that a lot of bands in the 90's who had really great songs on the radio picked that song to be their single because the rest of their songs fucking sucked. Now I have stacks of CD's I got dirt cheap that I know I'll never listen to again. I mean you had to pay shipping per CD, so it ended up being like $2 an album, but retrospectively I wish I'd been more careful what I picked. I used to buy them when they had like they buy 1 get 20 free specials, there'd be a bunch of CD's I wanted and then I'd get up to number 10 and be like what the hell should I get to fill in the rest of the order?

That said, I have so much respect for Paramore that I would blindly buy the EP and if it sucks it sucks. I trust that they wouldn't put out shit so I'm comfortable spending the money.

I used to feel that way about some of my favorite bands. Then Metallica put out St. Anger and now I don't trust anyone anymore.

I've never had a bad experience with a band I like ultimately putting out shit. I'm very flexible with the music I enjoy listening to, if it sounds good I'll listen to it. I find a lot of music to sound good, which is why I'll roll down the street listening to everything from Paramore to Taylor Swift to AC/DC.