New EP Due This Summer

Chriss

I agree, I'm glad they don't want to sound like a broken record, I understand that they just needed to get it off their chest, to finally be able to move on. I really need new songs too , I'm sure they'll release something soon even if it won't be an EP, we'll still have new music and that's all we're asking for

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hayley tweeted today that they're writing/recording a fourth song that's not as dark as the other three (I'm guessing lyric wise).

Also, Hayley posted these in a PFC chat last night and said they could be shared. This is the song Jeremy posted him recording bass for on his Tumblr, and you can hear some of them in that video:

Working Title: "Monster"

I'm only human, I've got a skeleton in me

but I'm not the villain, despite what you're always preaching

Call me a traitor, I'm just collecting your victims

And they're getting stronger

I hear them calling

And this is from a song called "Renegade," which I think used to be called "In My Blood," or something like that:

I’ll keep your secrets with me

Right behind my teeth

Your anger, your anchor

but i’ll sail much further on.

Dark. But I like 'em! :) not sure on the title 'monster', it just reminds me of lady gaga, not that there's anything wrong with that, and not that she owns the word. It just doesn't sound like a Paramore title, you know what I mean? But I suppose there's bound to be changes.

Sounds interesting and dark, I like seeing that Hayley is human just like us with negative emotions ( anger, need to vent ), it doesn't make her a bad person...

I'm really intrigued by these new lyrics, can't wait to have new music :)

oooh i like that. i'm getting really excited about this, can't wait to hear some new material.

Sounds interesting and dark, I like seeing that Hayley is human just like us with negative emotions ( anger, need to vent ), it doesn't make her a bad person...

i totally agree.

I'm not liking the Monster one so much because it's almost exactly what she said she didn't want to do (songs about the boy's leavin and what was said by them.) If she wants to vent through songs I'm not complaining but it's what she said she didn't want to do.

Well she did say that that's why they're rethinking the EP... because all of the lyrics she wrote (save for this new fourth song) are about that, and they don't want to put out such a negative EP. Even if she said she wasn't going to, to not write about something that huge in your life would be impossible. You have to get that emotion out somehow.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's amazing news. I hope that it's heavier and darker and includes death growls from Hayley!

*Like*

I think I know what new sound they'll go for.

I can still see it being alternative, but with a Tennessee twist.

But death growls would be cool and appreciated at anytime.

Or maybe we should leave that to Billy Gunn and the Three-Way Mile. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

It says on filmmusicreporter.com that their new song Monster will be on the new Transformers soundtrack which will be available June 14th (although Amazon.ca says it's released June 7th)

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2011/05/23/transformers-dark-of-the-moon-soundtrack-status/

EDIT: Just confirmed on twitter

6f2zb7.jpg

Yup, I get the feeling that this was leaked before it was supposed to be out, but it's cool news. I honestly don't even like the Transformers movies, but I'm stoked to hear a new Paramore song. Don't hold me to it, but I think (think!) that Monster is the song one of them posted a clip of Jeremy playing bass to a few months ago. Rob Cavallo did say a while back that he was working with the band, possibly for a song on a movie soundtrack, so that was right on too. :)

^ Yeah I think it was leaked out too soon too lol. Oh well. I also heard the song it out June 7th. I don't know how true that is though. Yeah Chriss, I think that's the song... I think.

I just want to hear it!

Also, I know it's exciting but for the future try not to post PFC information on here since that is a paid site for members unless it's on .net, twitter, or officially posted somewhere else.

Yup, this is Monster:

http://thehillbillydeluxe.tumblr.com/post/4029659823/slappa-da-bass-on-a-new-song-check-it-out

I'm only human, I've got a skeleton in me

but I'm not the villain, despite what you're always preaching

Call me a traitor, I'm just collecting your victims

And they're getting stronger

I hear them calling

Can't wait!

Oh and Catie for the PFC thing, I even posted it over at LJ, just because soooo many people had spread it on Twitter within minutes anyway, so in a case like that, I think it's okay to post here too. Otherwise, I'm with you on leaving PFC content within the PFC.

I can't wait to hear this song!

Yeah I agree I did the same thing with this lol I figure it was all over so why not just post it anyway. I meant that for future things like songs or videos.