What Was Your First Paramore Merch Item?

Chriss

I'm jacking this thread idea from the PFC. There's a "What was your first piece of Paramore merch?" thread over there, and I started to reply to it, but my first Paramore shirt has a story to it, and after I got halfway through writing it there, I realized I don't really talk to a lot of the people there and that I actually wanted to share it here instead. Plus, this might be fun and get some good conversation started. :)

This was my first piece of Para-merch. A t-shirt from Hot Topic (I know, I'm sorry):

4kip95.jpg

After I heard Paramore for the first time, I fell head over heels for them and decided I wanted one of their shirts, but I didn't want to wait for shipping, so I decided to take the trek to the Braintree Mall in MA (this was when I lived in Boston). My friend Andy came with me and neither of us had any idea where we were going. We got off the train in Braintree and got completely lost and wandered around for at least two hours and several miles. Eventually we found the mall, and this was the only Paramore shirt Hot Topic had. I'm not much of a pink / obnoxiously colored t-shirt person, but I loved Paramore so much that I decided it was worth it to look like a total scenester and show my support for them (little did I know that they would also lead me to my love of skinny jeans and Vans, hahaha). Of course after I bought this shirt, which was really all we went for, we marvelled at the fact that the Braintree Mall has carpeted floors (??) and then almost got lost on the way back to the train too. We even had to call a friend to tell us which direction to start walking back. Recently, I had planned to put this shirt in a garbage bag and throw it in one of those donation bins, and actually today my mom had collected all our old clothes to do just that, and I told her this shirt was okay to get rid of... but I'm too nostalgic, and after reading about other people's first merch items, I went downstairs and grabbed it. I can't part with it. It reminds me of way too much. Finding a band that means more to me than any other band ever has, being excited about music and life again, and the most hilarious trip to Braintree ever with one of my best friends. :)

So what was your first piece of Paramore merch? A shirt, a CD, a poster? Any story behind it? No essays are required, unless you want to. :P

Mine was this shirt:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2601/4208016774_809ee67799.jpg

I got it about 3 months after first listening to them, in about September 09.

And that's why I wore it to my M&G, cause it was my first Paramore shirt ever. Now I practically have a drawer full of Paramore clothing, haha :)

I couldn't find any other pictures of it except this on Google images

http://i.ebayimg.com/04/!CCnsLOwBWk~$(KGrHqYOKioE0sKbl8P+BNLv8RdvYQ~~_35.JPG

I got it on eBay (not the same auction as the one that photo's from I don't think). Can't remember when exactly, some time in 09 I think, maybe very late 08. I remember seeing it and really wanting it because it wasn't one I'd seen online a lot. It arrived and was just maybe a tiny little bit too small for me but I didn't care. Luckily I don't think I've grown that much since so it still fits but I doubt it'll last me much longer. :)

^ I think that one's the same one they sold at Warped Tour '07, and I was deciding between that one and another one with a different "Riot!" logo on it. I ended up picking the Riot one, but whenever I go through my clothes and see that shirt, I always wish I got the other one, haha.

Mines kind of funny. It was the All We Know is Falling CD. It was around January 2006 and we (my family) were in Atlantic City. Though it was only about an hour from my house, I wanted a new CD to listen to on the way home. I can't even remember the name of the store but, me being a 10-year-old, looked for anything with a cool cover haha. I saw AWKIF and I remember saying "that's a cool red couch" and bought it. Didn't know who they were, what genre they were, or even that the singer was a woman! Life changing experience all because of my taste in awkward furniture. Ridiculous how young I was when I got into them and I'm STILL in love with them haha.

Mines kind of funny. It was the All We Know is Falling CD. It was around January 2006 and we (my family) were in Atlantic City. Though it was only about an hour from my house, I wanted a new CD to listen to on the way home. I can't even remember the name of the store but, me being a 10-year-old, looked for anything with a cool cover haha. I saw AWKIF and I remember saying "that's a cool red couch" and bought it. Didn't know who they were, what genre they were, or even that the singer was a woman! Life changing experience all because of my taste in awkward furniture. Ridiculous how young I was when I got into them and I'm STILL in love with them haha.

That has to be the best Paramore discovery story I'd heard :D

Th first merch shirt I bought was this one:

paramore-2007-crush-crush-crush-concert-sold-t-shirt-sm_250754497109.jpg

I got it in London in 2008, during Give It A Name Festival, such a great memory !

Still, the very first merch I bought was "Riot!", in February 2008 (it came out this month in France), but I already had it and AWKIF in my computer.

The thing is, when I discovered the band in 2006, I absolutely loved "Emergency", but I was quite disappointed by AWKIF (while I love this record now!), so I had this record in my computer for months until I finally bought it and I ended up loving it, even more than Riot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It was this hoodie:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTII7iLsi6g2IkildTgVg66W5_vOuiU1Vi_msGQm9uAku4jmiJx&t=1

Got it in the Christmas of 2007 on ebay from my eldest brother( I have four..yeey.),after falling madly and deeply in love with Paramore during the summer.I begged..and begged..and BEGGED my mam to get it for me.In the end,she made my brother pay for it haha.

Wore it to my first Paramore concert in 2009 and still have it and wear it quite a bit but I now have like 3 other Paramore tops ha.

This is the 1st Paramore t-shirt i got i already had AWKIF and RIOT! i dont know where it came from cause somebody gave it too me and i have no idea where it is now im gonna have to have a look for it

Paramore-Band2520Tees-b.jpg

My first ever Paramore t-shirt was the one with triangles on it (forget what it was officially called): http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/67/f/AAAAAtxDFGYAAAAAAGf5zQ.jpg?v=1188102815000

It was my favourite at the time until I got paint on it, I then got the yellow and pink hoodie which eventually grew too small for me, so both are gone :(

• 2 weeks later...