Josh doesn't "miss paramore one bit."

Erin

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with this one more. I, for one, have always gotten a negative vibe from Josh, except for the two or three times he actually talked to me and smiled.

"lol @ everyone saying "just wait for the article". there it is and he's just saying worse stuff in it than ever. and more lying.

"i didn't say anything bad about them" and he most certainly did. and he lied about his quote about not missing it. he just said he didn't say that to try to hold on to the interest from fans he knows he would alienate by saying that. and it's clear to me (i don't know how it couldn't be to others) that him starting a new band was indeed planned, not just "happened" after.

he's still showing, with both blatantly obvious quotes and subtle digs, that he's extremely bitter and his main goal is to make Paramore, and especially hayley, look bad, and make himself and his new band look like innocent victims, which is total bullshit. none of the remaining members have said or done anything like this, even though taylor and jeremy have good reason to, after the things josh said about them. and hayley hasn't said shit, not even a little subtle comment of annoyance. not to mention, his attitude is so far from the "Christ-like" person he claims he wants to be. the way he's saying things, from the beginning of his leaving, not at all "Godly".

he's just making himself look like a bigger and bigger douche, while Paramore look like the mature ones; moving on, having fun and handling it well."

And that's from a girl who would always stick up for Josh over Hayley. Some people think people are siding with Hayley and attacking Josh, but I just see it as fans who he hurt while he was trying to hurt the band and make them look bad. He never even thanked the fans for all the great times. He just talked about how much he hated life for 7 years.

Not trying to start something. I'm just trying to point out that there are people who aren't siding with anyone and were genuinely hurt, as fans, by his actions. Don't forget about those people.

I read these comments on the LJ post and I have to agree.

"i think the way paramore fans are reacting everything he's said shows exactly why he left paramore in the first place. why would he miss a band whose fans turned on him the second he implies hayley might not be the amazing person everyone thinks she is? i wouldn't miss any of it either."

"i'm perfectly aware how everyone in the band acts considering i've been to 6 or 7 meet and greets. what i'm saying is there was a REASON why he acted that way - he clearly felt some lack of connection with us. the way everyone is acting towards him now just proves that there actually was a lack of connection, that it wasn't just in josh's head because hayley got more attention. everyone hates him now for a few stupid comments when they barely had any problem with him back when he was with paramore. it shows people only cared about him when he was in the band and when he and hayley were friends. i think he knew that.

it really has nothing to do with josh's social skills, imo. if this had been jeremy doing all of this people would be acting the same way, guaranteed."

I bolded the truth. And it's kind of really sad.

I don't think that's true. There are of course people that are fans of Hayley that have turned on Josh simply because it looks like he and Hayley are no longer friends. But then again, there are also those that dislike Hayley and have used this drama and Josh's statements as an excuse to put down Hayley as well. It's her fault for the attention she got over the others, the band always has to do what she wants etc. Take away those two minor groups though, and most fans of the band who are upset with Josh are upset because he's taking shots at a member of one of their favorite bands, that he won't let this whole thing just die down, and because he's giving off the impression (perhaps unintentionally) that he doesn't miss anything about being in Paramore, and a lot of fans include Josh's interaction with them, the fans, in that whole Paramore experience, so it's a bit of a slap in the face to them.

And yes Hayley does get more attention than the others. A lot more attention. But it's not Hayley's fault, no matter how much people want to believe it is. That's just the way the business is. The singer in the band is usually paid the most attention to, and doubly so when she happens to be a woman. Cristina Scabbia, Gwen Stefani, Angela Gossow, etc etc. It's not fair to the others in the band but it's the way it is, and it's not their fault. I can understand if Josh was upset by this and didn't want to stay in the band because of it, but there's no reason the try and make it seem like Hayley's to blame for it.

As for a lack of connection with the fans, I'm not going to speak for anyone else, only myself, but I'll admit I've always felt less of a connection with Josh. That doesn't mean I don't like him, but there was less of a connection with him and to be honest, I think this is partially his fault. He just didn't seem to interact the way Hayley, Jeremy and Taylor do. The interviews he would give with the band, he just seemed like he didn't want to be there (which he obviously didn't) like it was a big bother to him that he had to take time out to give interviews or communicate to the fans. If you don't interact on the same level as the others, then you can't expect the fans to feel the same level of connection.

You wonder why a lot of the fans feel the biggest connection with Hayley, it's not just because she's the singer, or she's a girl, although those do have something to do with it as well, but a lot of it is down to the way she interacts with people. She talks the most during interviews, is the most active on twitter, is the most active on Tumblr etc. That level of interaction is a big reason why fans feel such a connection with Hayley, and it's something that Josh never really did.

Personally I feel like it's a mixture of both that just turned catastrophic because of the media.

Josh probably felt that people only cared if he was friends with Hayley, and they turn their back on him as soon as he says something remotely negative. At the same time, the guy is giving himself a reputation that some people may think is a good reason to just forget about him.

Might as well post something constructive, cause I'm bored and I like the sound of my voice in my head while I type. It's a lot more fun sounding and easier to listen to than my real voice.

This is comfortably the most boring, predictable, drawn out turn of events following a someone leaving a band ever. Guy leaves band, guy said stuff, media twist stuff. I'm surprised people (not on here, mostly the Twitter populace) STILL go on about this and react the way they do. Kids (looking at the younger, more impressionable teens here) can't handle it when someone (namely celebrities) doesn't live up to the unrealistically high standards they hold them in. Unfortunately, it's happening in this scenario with two people: Josh and Hayley. They can't take that Josh left the band and is happy without it and they don't like how he's been talking about Hayley. But they refuse to believe what he says about Hayley (it's probably all true but it could just as easily not be). They refuse to believe anything he says about Hayley and as such, rebel back against him harder because what he says goes against the regards they hold Hayley in. Guaranteed if the fan base of Paramore was older (like I'd say it is on here) then this whole "h8 j0sh, g0 di333" mentality would be non-existent or at least minor at best. But because it's a bunch of teenage keyboard warriors who only have the mental capacity to think in the extremes of love and hate the whole thing is blown out of proportion. The more mature fans I've found are more like "good luck, moving on, that's that".

Anyway, my personal thoughts on Josh is he's welcome to say what he wants, I wouldn't expect him to miss it. I'm sure there will be some aspects he'll miss but he left for a reason and I'd rather he was happy doing his own thing and Paramore had someone playing guitar who wanted to be there than having the band together and him looking like a miserable sod. This "Josh leaving" palaver isn't quite nearly as boring as the "Josh looks like he DGAF" nonsense which has littered Paramore discussions for the best part of three years. Well yet anyway. This will probably hit the mind numbing monotony of that almost ever lasting saga once the new EP comes out and everyone thinks every song is about Josh leaving/being miserable.

Yawn.

Might as well post something constructive, cause I'm bored and I like the sound of my voice in my head while I type. It's a lot more fun sounding and easier to listen to than my real voice.

This is comfortably the most boring, predictable, drawn out turn of events following a someone leaving a band ever. Guy leaves band, guy said stuff, media twist stuff. I'm surprised people (not on here, mostly the Twitter populace) STILL go on about this and react the way they do. Kids (looking at the younger, more impressionable teens here) can't handle it when someone (namely celebrities) doesn't live up to the unrealistically high standards they hold them in. Unfortunately, it's happening in this scenario with two people: Josh and Hayley. They can't take that Josh left the band and is happy without it and they don't like how he's been talking about Hayley. But they refuse to believe what he says about Hayley (it's probably all true but it could just as easily not be). They refuse to believe anything he says about Hayley and as such, rebel back against him harder because what he says goes against the regards they hold Hayley in. Guaranteed if the fan base of Paramore was older (like I'd say it is on here) then this whole "h8 j0sh, g0 di333" mentality would be non-existent or at least minor at best. But because it's a bunch of teenage keyboard warriors who only have the mental capacity to think in the extremes of love and hate the whole thing is blown out of proportion. The more mature fans I've found are more like "good luck, moving on, that's that".

Anyway, my personal thoughts on Josh is he's welcome to say what he wants, I wouldn't expect him to miss it. I'm sure there will be some aspects he'll miss but he left for a reason and I'd rather he was happy doing his own thing and Paramore had someone playing guitar who wanted to be there than having the band together and him looking like a miserable sod. This "Josh leaving" palaver isn't quite nearly as boring as the "Josh looks like he DGAF" nonsense which has littered Paramore discussions for the best part of three years. Well yet anyway. This will probably hit the mind numbing monotony of that almost ever lasting saga once the new EP comes out and everyone thinks every song is about Josh leaving/being miserable.

Yawn.

*Thumbs Up*

Also, Nobody has any idea what really what goes on behind the scenes, so any opinion is pretty much just based on bias and/or speculation.

*Thumbs Up*

Also, Nobody has any idea what really what goes on behind the scenes, so any opinion is pretty much just based on bias and/or speculation.

This is so true.

The public never REALLY knows what's going on.

Yawn.

Yes he is welcome to say what he wants, but the thing is he knows how his comments will be received by some fans. He has to have known, he's been in the business for years. I'm not in the business and I could easily predict the reaction from each of his statements. You yourself said it right off the bat in your post, "This is comfortably the most boring, predictable, drawn out turn of events following a someone leaving a band ever." Predictable it has been, and if we both could see this coming, surely Josh did as well, and still he made the comments.

Now I'm not saying he shouldn't be making the comments he has made, he's free to do so if he wishes, but when he makes statements knowing full well that they will not be received well by many fans, you can't really be to bothered by some fans turning on him. Granted stuff like telling him to go die is a bit extreme, but if fans turn off him for the statements he made, he only has himself to blame. You can blame those making the comments if you like, and admittedly, they are responsible for their own comments and reaction, but Josh making the comments knowing what the reaction would be means, to me at least, while Josh is in no way responsible for each individual person's comments, he is the one that has to take responsibility in general for the way many fans have turned on him.

He and no one else made the choice to handle things the way he has, just like it has been Paramore's choice not to speak poorly of Josh, and like it has been Zac's choice to remain silent about the whole thing.

I think the best thing would be for them all to move on and let this whole thing die down.

Man that signature really annoys me.

jjrz3t.png

I only just noticed this. That's pretty crazy. Ownage, and scary.

Also, I'm not surprised if Josh really feels that way, but like it has been mentioned....This makes the fans feel even worse than they already do about all the stuff they've done for him, said to him, all the looking up to him and admiring him etc. It just feels like it's been thrown/tossed away.

[[Granted, like Ross said I would rather Paramore have a guitar player who's enjoying what he's doing, being with the band and having energy on stage instead of "Josh being a miserable sod".]]

Also, I understand the whole "free speech" thing but time and time and time again, people get ridiculed for what they say. So, they need to watch what they say. At least, they need to watch what they say if they won't react well to it. You can think it's okay for people to say what they want...But with comments similar to what Josh said ("I don't miss it one bit") they will always get blasted for it. I mean, I'm not saying it's okay for people to say the things they've been saying, but at the same time it's expected. Really though: Don't dish it if you can't take it. I mean, like, Cody Payne from The Dangerous Summer says shit all the time, but you don't see him being irrational or being indenial about it. But with Josh, he's all like "God have mercy" "I need prayer" "I didn't say this okay?" just saying.

I don't know if I made much sense. I'm not saying he can't say what he wants (or anyone for that matter) but they need to watch how they say it, ESPECIALLY if they're going to react badly to negativity thrown back at them.

• 2 months later...
Guest Kim xD

I really hope he didn't just say that. He loved being in Paramore. It looked like he never wanted to leave. But eventually, he made his decisions and crossed over to everything else. D: