One Week // One Band

Chriss

One Week // One Band is a blog that has a fan write about their favorite band's history from their perspective. So who better to write about than a band that cares about their fans more than any other band I can think of, and who better to write about them than Brent, one of the founders of this very website?? Also, if you don't know who thebrowncoat is... who are you?

You can check out everything Brent is writing about here: http://oneweekoneband.tumblr.com/

He'll be contributing for the next week, and so far, he's already written some amazing things.

“Sing us a song and we’ll sing it back to you.

We could sing our own

But what would it be without you?” ~

Paramore - “My Heart”

I’m going to talk a lot this week about the bond Paramore has built with their fans - how they’ve worked their way up from playing for 25-50 people to where they are today. That bond is something special and it’s a huge part of why they are where they are today - and even with my close relationship with them, I know I’m not the only one that feels it.

To me, these lyrics sum it up. As a band, Paramore gives as much to their fans as any band I’ve ever seen…and the fans give it right back. It’s an incredible relationship - and their live shows are where you can see it best. A band pouring their heart out onstage…and a crowd of fans pouring their hearts out in return. These songs you’ll be hearing me talk about this week - they were written by Paramore - but they belong to us.