UPDATE! - Hayley's Cosmo Cover Contest!

Chriss

It's time for a new contest, and I hope it's gonna be a fun one! :)

We are WAY overdue for a new Paramore Fans contest!

Do you want the new Cosmopolitan Magazine with Hayley on the cover but are unable to find it where you live / a guy who's too embarrassed to buy it / a poor college student who can't afford it / your local bookstore just vanished into thin air?

Well now's your chance to win one of two free copies of the magazine from ParamoreFans.com!

Here's what you have to do:

- Grab your red wig (or red hair dye?) and blue dress and take a photo of yourself doing your best impression of Hayley's Cosmo cover. (Guys, don't let the girls have all the fun here, you're encouraged to participate too!)

- Email said photo to us at paramorefans@gmail.com with the subject "Hayley Cosmo Contest"

- Every day, we'll post the latest entries in this thread and let everyone comment on their favorites.

- Most importantly, have fun with it! We're not expecting a bunch of professional photos, just fun ones. :)

- In ten days' time, we'll pick two of the best photos to win copies of the magazine!

This contest ends on Wednesday, April 20th, 2011, at 3:00pm EST and is open to everyone around the world. Only one entry per person, please.

Have fun! We can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Okay, so since the contest officially ends tomorrow, and not a single person has entered, we're going to change this contest around and make it easier cause I have an extra copy of Cosmo sitting around begging to be given away to someone on here. So....

Tell us what your favorite Paramore song is and why.

You can either post it here or email it to paramorefans@gmail.com, and one person will win a copy of Hayley's Cosmo issue. Anyone (who is a board member) can enter, and I'll ship anywhere in the world. We'll keep the contest open until Friday at 5pm EST.

Hey, it's not about being crazy accurate, it's about being creative. If you have to make some wig out of red colored paper and wear a green dress or something, that's close enough. :)

Haha Keith, you have no idea how badly I want to see some dude get all dolled up and kick everyone's butt in this contest. I think that would be hilarious! I wish it was 10 years earlier so that you could be that guy.

Hey, it's not about being crazy accurate, it's about being creative. If you have to make some wig out of red colored paper and wear a green dress or something, that's close enough. :)

haha alright, i figured that. i'm definitely gonna do this.

Well the dress Hayley wore was white before they decided they didn't want a white dress on the cover, haha. Hooray Photoshop!

Question: would this be an easier contest if you guys could imitate ANY of her looks from the magazine and not just the cover?

Well the dress Hayley wore was white before they decided they didn't want a white dress on the cover, haha. Hooray Photoshop!

Question: would this be an easier contest if you guys could imitate ANY of her looks from the magazine and not just the cover?

Probably.

Okay, so since the contest officially ends tomorrow, and not a single person has entered, we're going to change this contest around and make it easier cause I have an extra copy of Cosmo sitting around begging to be given away to someone on here. So....

Tell us what your favorite Paramore song is and why.

You can either post it here or email it to paramorefans@gmail.com, and one person will win a copy of Hayley's Cosmo issue. Anyone (who is a board member) can enter, and I'll ship anywhere in the world. We'll keep the contest open until Friday at 5pm EST.

And GO! :)

My favourite Paramore song is Careful because I relate it to the relationship I have with my friends. We're all good friends but, to cut a long story short, things are getting difficult between everyone. Instead of really admitting that there are problems everyone just gets on with it (with lots of backstabbing and arguments) and that's why the lyric 'The truth never set me free so I did it/I'll do it myself' is the one I especially like from the song because, even if we did admit the truth about how things really are we wouldn't be free of it because the problems would still be there so I'll have to do something about it myself instead. I think that lyric, and the whole song really, is also one that I can fit into plenty of situations where I'll have to achieve something by doing it myself rather than waiting for things to happen for me. I'm really considering having it tattooed at some point because, despite the whole religion debate involved with it, it means a lot.

That made sense in my head, I doubt it did in when it's written down... :shifty::)

It's alright. If it means something to you, that's all that matters.

I think we'll announce the winner tomorrow. I want to share them all with the rest of the staff and we'll pick a winner. :)

Sorry for making you guys wait all day for a winner. I'd like to pretend that we were trying to be suspenseful, but really I just had work, haha. Anyway....

After reading everybody's responses and a lot of pondering on our parts (because really, everyone's entries were great, and if we had five Cosmo magazines, you'd all get one), we have chosen a winner. And that winner is:

Rachel!!! :willy_nilly:

My favourite Paramore song is "Looking Up", just because it's a really positive song. It reminds me when I'm down things will start "looking up" eventually. I feel as though I can relate to the lyrics "could have given up so easily, i was just a few cheap shots away from the end of me". i also love the lyrics "i can't believe we almost hung it up", because if they did, I wouldn't be who i am today, and it'd just be really miserable, cause there'd be no paramore lol. it was also a high point on Brand New Eyes, and seemed to be a break from songs like "Ignorance", and it's literally a song full of positivity. I also love the song when it's played live. There's such a great energy in the room and in the crowd. I always love the pause and Hayley sometimes shouts "WE ARE PARAMORE" and the crowd go crazy. I think that the first ending represents how easily the band could have ended or "hung it up", but then the song comes back stronger than ever, just like Paramore did.

Thanks to everybody who told us about their favorite Paramore songs and why they mean so much to you. Hopefully we can have more contests in the future with lots of cool prizes. :)